Profile for Dave > Reviews

Contrast Vinyl Kettlebell 16Kg
Contrast Vinyl Kettlebell 16Kg
Price: 32.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Five years a kettlebeller., 22 Feb 2014
No, just no. The handle on these split which causes nasty abrasions. The horns (where you'd grip for two handed squats) are too wide and the ball too large a diameter which over extends your wrist. Buy metal bells and swing to big strength and great cardio.

SPADA RP388 URBAN MOTORCYCLE HELMET OPEN FACE WHITE MEDIUM
SPADA RP388 URBAN MOTORCYCLE HELMET OPEN FACE WHITE MEDIUM
Offered by GHOSTBIKES
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 8 July 2013
I can't write a full review as this helmet has only been out a couple of weeks, but here is my first impression. I didn't buy from Amazon because the sun is out and there is no guarantee it will be next week, so I didn't wait for delivery but went to a local dealer. I normally use a full face Shoei Raid II which I have to admit I don't like. I purchased this as I am doing 'The Knowledge' and wanted an open face for around London. I'm also using a 300cc scooter. But it'll do 70mph+ without too much effort.
Around town this helmet is ideal. It's light and provides great vision. It's a little noisy at 40mph but this may be because of the knowledge board screwed to the front of the scooter.
Today I have worn it for a solid five hours covering 94 miles in central London including 30 miles on dual carridgeway. At 70+ there is no noise difference between this lid and my Shoei. The drop down dark visor is great and easily clears my glasses. With the full screen down it feels like a
full face with a bit of extra wind around the chin area. I don't like look of helmets with a big visor (but it will be a bonus in the rain) but I like that it tucks away and doesn't feel heavy like a flip front. At 40mph+ the peak rattles a little but not annoyingly so. When I first put it on the lining felt quite hard but this hasn't caused me any problems today. It may give over time.
I'm confident in the feel and fit and will wear it for a motorway trip of about 300 miles in a couple of days. (On my unfaired proper bike!)

not annoyingly so.

Premier Encapsulated 2012 Wall Map of London (122 x 97 cms)
Premier Encapsulated 2012 Wall Map of London (122 x 97 cms)
by A-Z
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars New Knowledge Boy., 3 April 2013
This is a great quality map with an easy wipe surface. The seller provides a top service with very quick delivery, great price, the map arrives in a sturdy tube. At the moment I can't see any reason why this won't last me the three or four years I plan to complete the Knowledge in. I've also purchased the Premier Map of Inner London from this seller. My mate has them glued to his living room wall, I've decided to glue them to hardboard for ease of use and to keep the wife happy.

Flat Encapsulated Superscale Wall Map of London Central ~ 2012
Flat Encapsulated Superscale Wall Map of London Central ~ 2012
by A-Z
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars New Knowledge Boy, 3 April 2013
This is a great quality map with an easy wipe surface. The seller provides a top service with very quick delivery, great price, the map arrives in a sturdy tube. At the moment I can't see any reason why this won't last me the three years I plan to complete the Knowledge in. I've also purchased the Premier Map of London from this seller. My mate has them glued to his living room wall, I've decided to glue them to hardboard for ease of use and to keep the wife happy.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Price: 12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Kill, die, kill, die ........ bored, 2 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
As has been said by others, this game online is just, Kill, Die, Kill, Die ... no apparent skill, no sense of achievement. All you need is a quick firing gun (any will do as there seems no difference in the killing potential of a hand gun or a sniper rifle) and the extreme conditioning perk. Then run around like 'Animal' from the Muppets screaming like a banshee and getting a 27 to 29 kill/death ratio. I'm not a skilled player, I'm too old, so I do like a bit of 'Tactical Waiting' (I will hesitate to call it camping), I don't like dying, I want to kill a few and die as little as possible. Not achievable here, like I said it's just Kill, Die, Kill, Die.
Graphics are nice, crisp and clean and all the pops and bangs seem to be in the right place. The guns and equipment look the part, but I struggle to get my head around the challenges and what I have actually achieved and/or unlocked.
Career mode is as linear as you can get. Long cut scenes that don't enhance the story and why can't I run or lift my gun when I want to?!? I don't want to follow the AI around all the time, until he decides I can arm. If I want to move stealthily I will, if I want to run into the disco and kill everyone I will - or I would like to. You also don't need to actually steer vehicles, just accelerate and let the linear gameplay do the rest for you.
Zombies suck. Well they don't, vampires do, but the Zombies element in this game really sucks.
MW3 I'm sorry, I've treated you badly, Black Ops II is going to sit on the shelf and gather dust, I'm coming back MW3 if you'll have me.
Oh and 'quick scope/no scope' is back - I HATE IT.

Robo5
Robo5
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped off, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Robo5 (App)
The start of the game (the free part) worked fine. Then I paid my money and I can't progress. Beware.