Profile for Ms. H. Hammerton > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Hammerton

Ms. H. Hammerton "Hazel" (East Anglia UK)

The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)
The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read! Couldn't put it down! Took a chance and glad I did ., 19 Mar. 2016
I enjoyed this story and it was good to see a strong yet vulnerable female lead. Definitely worth a read!

Sandisk SDMX11N-2048K-E70 MP3 Player Sansa Clip 2GB Black
Sandisk SDMX11N-2048K-E70 MP3 Player Sansa Clip 2GB Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Arived faulty so who knows if it's any good!, 21 Sept. 2010
The MP3 arrived faulty. I put it on charge for 5 hours (waisting my electricity as it can only be charged through the pc with the adapter supplied, meaning I had to have my whole system on while it charged) and expectantly go to turn the unit on and it states low battery and turned it self off again. Tried several times to no avail. As much as this was the worst thing as far as buying an item to use I must say the returns procedure was brilliant.

It takes a few days sure but it's simple to follow and effecient and best of all free, once they've recieved the item and confirmed, yes it's a dud! and then refunded the amount. So thanks for that. However I won't buy another refurbished anything as I've learned my lesson and save that bit more and buy new.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2010 11:23 PM GMT

Castle (The Seventh Tower, Book 2)
Castle (The Seventh Tower, Book 2)
by Garth Nix

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, read em from the start!, 24 Jan. 2010
As much is this is aimed at teenagers, it's still a great quick easy read for adults too. If life is stressful and you want a little bit of escape-ism that takes little effort to figure plot lines etc, then this is your bag.

KitVision 7 inch Digital Photo Frame with Built-In Stand, Supporting SD/MMC/MS Memory Cards - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 18 Dec. 2009
I bought this when it was £24.99 and I know it's gone up since (see date of review) but for that price I could not have got it any better. It does what it says. The screen is really clear and the functionality is really simple to use (which is perfect as a present for my 50/60 years old parents). I also got a 2mb SD card and SD card reader so I could down load all the pictures I wanted and set them up ready so when they opened it, it's ready to go. Also they can add more pictures later. I've so far got just under 200 pictures on the card and there is still room.

Because it's basic it doesn't randomise your files, I found, so had to randomise them myself and re-write the file names in number order so it would play them as I wanted. But once I'd done that it looked great and was there for very easy to add new ones to the order. The way it randomally scrolls through the pictures is brill. One may slide to the side to reveal the next underneath, the next may roll into a tube and roll to the otherside, then the next appears from the background really small zooms about then pops up to the screen. Only one picture per revolution though but still great.

The frame can be set up for portrait or landscape with the menu buttons at the back (mine are set at landscape as most of the pictures are scaped that way) and the stand will just twist round one position at a time to the required postion. It feels sturdily built and fairly robust, so probably survive a few accidental knocks from my niece and nephew. The cable for the socket could have been longer but looks fairly standard, about 1 metre. The only let down for me is that the SD card slot doesn't have spring back. When you slot the card in it's really stiff at 1st to get it fully in to be read and then I found that I had to wiggle it slightly left and right to cajole it back out again with a firm finger grip. I bought 2 and they are both the same so I assume they are all like that. I've put the cards in and out a few times now and it is getting easier, but it made me panic at 1st as I didn't think I was going to get it out again! I'm glad I decided on SD cards instead of a usb stick as you would be able to see it sticking out the side through the transparent outer frame which would be a shame. If the frame colour was solid this wouldn't be a concern, so something to think of when choosing which way you're frame will access stored files. Perhaps get the frame 1st then choose the file storage option.

Overall an excellent frame for the price I paid and can't wait to see what they think of it.

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book to end a fantastic series!, 3 Sept. 2009
I highly recommend that you read the previous 3 books before reading this otherwise the importance of the plot sequence will be lost to you. So taking that you have read the other 3, don't stop now then end is nearly here and all the questions will be answered.

I'm currently reading the newest book by this author and I'm sadly dissapointed by it but the story she has weaved through the twilight saga has completely hypnotised me. I cannot wait till the New Moon film comes out, to the point that I refuse to see any trailers so it doesn't spoil the way in which the film makers have chosen to potrait the aspects of the book. There are very few people that I have spoken to about Twilight (meaning the saga) that don't rave about it. Well done Stephenie Meyer, your success is well earned. Write us a werewolf saga? Or the continuation of the 'family' if you know what I mean (not to spoil anything for those who haven't read the last book lol).

Enjoy, amazon buyer because it's gooooood.