Profile for Hankie > Reviews

Hankie (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Brubaker Christmas Pyramid Wooden Three Levels Height 45 cm
Brubaker Christmas Pyramid Wooden Three Levels Height 45 cm
Offered by Brubaker (The fast shipper!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, well made Christmas decoration!, 8 Dec. 2014
I love this decoration so much, it looks authentic and it's so beautiful to watch it gently spin around. You can change how fast it spins by varying the amount of candles you have lit. I can't wait to get it out soon for this Christmas. I can't recommend it highly enough.
It was slightly difficult to assemble, but that is only because it's wooden and you have to twist pieces into place - I was scared of breaking it, but thankfully I didn't :)

Pettson's Inventions
Pettson's Inventions

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Pettson's Inventions (App)
I got this as the free app of the day and loved it so much that I then downloaded the deluxe version - even though I knew some puzzles were duplicated.
I love everything about it, the sounds are brilliant, characters are cute and it looks like something Richard Scarry has drawn!
I'm an adult and the puzzles kept me entertained and weren't too easy, however, I'd be happy to let my nephews play it and confident that they could solve the puzzles too!

Atomus HD
Atomus HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Atomus HD (App)
I say surprisingly because this app is normally not my thing at all. However, it is really well made and really fun to play about with. You can create different shapes (formations?), by moving your fingers, changing pressure or changing the number of fingers pressing the screen. It's a nice little app for a few moments mindless distraction ^_^

Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit Light 15g
Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit Light 15g

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, different colours to the picture - the highlighter is not pink, 5 Mar. 2014
I was a bit scared of trying this but having read reviews from pale skinned ladies I thought it might be ok. It is! I don't wear it as a bronzer, although I think it could be used for this and just use it to contour my face, I put a streak in the hollow of my cheek and then blend the line. As a reference I am very pale - Illamasqua Skin Base 2 or 115 are perfect for me.
The brown is matte and not too red, although I would prefer it to be even less red, more of a grey ashy colour so that it looks like a shadow as opposed to bronzer. The highlighter is a lovely champagne colour and is very soft. It's easy to apply using a fan brush and doesn't deposit too much.
Overall I would definitely recommend this kit!

Books: A Living History
Books: A Living History
by Martyn Lyons

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for the man who has every book!, 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my brother-in-law because his house is like a library, I knew he would appreciate a book more than anything but couldn't think of what to get... Along comes a book about books! Ha ha!
He loved it and said he would definitely recommend it!

Macadamia Luxe Repair Set
Macadamia Luxe Repair Set
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 17 Jan. 2014
I love this set, I hadn't used Macadamia before and so when this went into the lightning deals I thought it was a good time to try it! I have got fine hair which I colour with John Frieda Lightening Spray.

Rejuvenating Shampoo: you don't need much of this and it won't lather at all on the first application. I always shampoo my hair twice because it's prone to greasiness and I use quite a lot of styling products. It left my hair soft and feeling healthy and didn't tangle too much.

Deep Repair Masque mask: Wow this is brilliant! I shampoo my hair and then apply this mask, I leave it on while I shower before rinsing off. It makes my hair feel so conditioned and healthy and it also gets out ALL of the tangles - my hair is prone to matting so this is unheard of!

Healing oil Treatment: I have only used this on my hair after I've blow dried it, but it can be used on wet hair too. I love it, it compares to any Argan oil I've used and moisturises and tames my hair, without making it greasy. I use it every day.

No Tangle Prestyler: this is a bit weird to apply as it shoots out in a hard stream, as opposed to a wide spray, so I tend to spray onto my hands and run through. I use the spray to apply to the ends of my hair. It definitely gets out any tangles or matted bits (if I have used a different shampoo/conditioner than previously mentioned), and leaves my hair smooth but doesn't make it greasy.

Oil Infused Comb: this is a nice wide toothed comb and works perfectly in conjunction with the Macadamia products, I find it's slightly too wide to get out tangles if I have used a different shampoo or conditioner. I can't really vouch for the oil infused claim as there's no way or knowing if this has an effect.

Overall, I have my found that my hair is in much better condition and looks healthy and shiny - even my husband commented on it! I would definitely recommend!

Mel Womens Toffee Apple Bow Khaki Matt Platform 4 UK, 37 EU
Mel Womens Toffee Apple Bow Khaki Matt Platform 4 UK, 37 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, unusual and comfortable, 17 Jan. 2014
I've already got the original Mel Toffee Apple shoes in black, nude and red (I know but they're so good!), so when I saw this pair I knew I had to have them! They have a lovely matte finish and the feminine touch with the bow is a nice finish.

These shoes come up true to size and are very comfortable. They give the illusion of being much higher than they actually are, so look sexy but are easy to walk in or wear all day.

I would definitely recommend these shoes ~ don't forgot to sniff them :-D

Guardian & Observer daily edition
Guardian & Observer daily edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Not free to read, 15 Jan. 2014
I've got the android app on my phone and it is free to download and read articles, however, with this tablet app you have to pay for a subscription. I had already sideloaded the android app onto my Kindle so won't be keeping this tablet version.

Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium)
Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as free app of the day!, 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fishdom Spooky HD (Premium) (App)
I got this app for free and it's great, although I'm not sure I'd pay much to buy it. It works better on my Kindle HD and is a bit too small on my phone. Good game.

SOTO Aroma Diffuser - with Colour Changing Mood Light - Ultrasonic, Aromatherapy, Ioniser - Black
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 22 Oct. 2013
I adore my aroma diffuser!!! It has different settings so that it can change colour, stay on 1 colour or have no colour or light but still diffuse. Its motor is very quiet and you can hear a faint bubbling water noise, which I love and find relaxing. The vapour is completely cool and safe, so this is great if you children or animals. The diffuser lasts for about 4 hours if filled the top of basin (to the ridge in the middle), and has an automatic shut off. I like that feature because it means I can go to sleep with it running knowing that it won't burn dry or be a hazard.
I can't take decongestants and I have found that diffusing eucalyptus essential oil really helps when I have a cold. It is worth investing in some proper essential oils because they will work better and the smell will last longer than synthetic oils. I would also be worried about what synthetic oils might do to the diffuser.
I can't recommend this diffuser highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10