Profile for Hankie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
IGGI USB Hand Warmer
IGGI USB Hand Warmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this as I have Reynaud's and was suffering in my cold office at work. It plugs in to your USB port and the cable is long enough to reach your hands (my computer is the floor), but without leaving cable everywhere. I'm glad it comes with a little pouch because out of it looks like a little bullet that might be suited to more "personal" use.
It warms up well when in your hands, but doesn't overheat when it's not being held. I really like it!

OPI Nail Polish Lacquer Mariah Carey Collection - Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Mini Nail Lacquers (4 x 3.75ml piece set)
Offered by TailorMade Nails

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me think of Lauren Laverne in the Kenickie days!, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this mini set because I wanted to try "The impossible" - matte fuchsia. It's ok but I don't think I'll buy the full size version, it's just a little too bright and disco-y for me. It reminds me of Lauren Laverne in the Kenickie days when she always wore lots of glitter on her eyes ^_^ If you like bright reddy pink and glitter then go for it!
The application is just the same as normal nail varnish, but after a few seconds starts to dry matte and grainy, a great effect!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Still stinky! ;-), 11 Jun. 2013
I chose this option because after reading reviews I was too scared to go for the "fragranced" option. Boy am I glad I did!!! It still stinks but not enough to put me off. It moisturises really well and heals cuts and scrapes quickly.
My only drawback is that I'm allergic to it. It's not a horrendous allergy but it means I can't use the product on my lips or dry patches on my face. It gives me small, red spots and dry patches. Vaseline does the same thing and I should have thought about that before I bought it. If you're not allergic to Vaseline I'd say give it a try!

Mask, Snorkel & Fins / Flippers PVC Diving Set (Kids) - Scuba Dive Snorkelling Sets (L / XL (UK 1 - 4), Blue)
Offered by Two Bare Feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace for an adult with small feet!, 11 Jun. 2013
I am an adult but my feet are a size 4/37, this meant I had to go for the kid's option. I was weary because I thought that maybe the mask would be too small. However, I'm 5ft and the mask fits fine. The flippers and snorkel are shorter than the adult version but I think they're fine for my needs - I'm no expert snorkeller! I would recommend this set without hesitation, it is excellent value for the high quality item you'll receive.

Mask Snorkel Fins / Flippers PVC Diving Set (Adults) - Scuba Dive Snorkelling Sets (L / XL (UK9 - 13), Blue)
Offered by Two Bare Feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this set for my husband, he used to be a dive instructor and he said it is perfect for leisurely holiday snorkelling. It is well made and sturdy. The flippers fit well and are comfortable, as are the mask and snorkel. I think the price I paid is amazing for the quality of the product.
For myself I had to go for the kid's version :-/ As the adult's don't go down to a size 4/37. The snorkel is shorter and the flippers shorter but I think it's fine for my needs.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Polish my pretties!, 11 Jun. 2013
I LOVE this set! More specifically I love What Wizardry Is This, I was unsure about the colour, hence me buying this mini set, but I needn't have been. It is describe as a brown and gold colour - neither of which are colours I normally wear, either on my nails or in clothing, however, I would describe it as more of an antique bronze. Don't let the word bronze put you off, this is muted but striking at the same time. The Liquid Sand effect helps tones down the gold elements and leaves you with striking, dark, textured nails. I adore it and would recommend trying it out! I've now bought the full size version I love it so much!

Application is as easy as regular nail varnish, it goes on smoothly and like liquid, it doesn't drag or go patchy. Then, after a few seconds, it starts to set and the matte texture comes through. I normally apply 2 coats and that's all I need to create the an opaque colour, I wouldn't use a top coat because that will reduce the matte effect. After a week of wear all I found was slight wear to the nail tips but no chips! ^_^

Tisserand Head Clear Aromatherapy Roller Ball
Tisserand Head Clear Aromatherapy Roller Ball
Offered by Health on the Shelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but quite oily, 11 Jun. 2013
This rollerball is great for relieving headaches and tension and it smells lovely. I roll it on my temples, back of my neck and on my wrists. My only gripe is that a lot of product seems to come out. The first time I used it, I rolled it over a couple of times and a few minutes later It had run down my face! Careful application is a must but well worth it.

Frontier Psychiatrist
Frontier Psychiatrist

5.0 out of 5 stars Pour juice on your chin!, 11 Jun. 2013
I have recently downloaded this after not listening to it for a few years. It is well worth the revisit! I just love it, the video is well worth watching on YouTube too ^_^

Nails Inc London Wall Concrete polish
Nails Inc London Wall Concrete polish

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks stunning and unusual!, 11 Jun. 2013
This is a real stand out nail varnish! Firstly the colour is a taupe, grey and that stands out, but then there's the added texture! The nail varnish applies smoothly and doesn't drag, it's like a normal liquid polish, however, after a few seconds it starts to set and the grainy, concrete-y texture comes through.It dries quickly and once set it does feel grainy and like concrete, I like the texture and it makes me touch my nails all the time (ha ha!), although a few friends I've shown it too have said that they didn't like the feel of it. It wears well and with over a week's wear (no topcoat, it would reduce the matte effect), only started to wear off at the edges of my nails - no chips!

My only slight negative, and it wouldn't put me off, is that it is slightly difficult to remove. I've got OPI What Wizardry Is This, which is also a textured nail varnish, and that is easier to remove. The Nails Inc took a lot more nail varnish remover and slightly more elbow grease to remove, however, I feel it's worth it!

I would definitely recommend this (and What Wizardry Is This (a bronze, dark brown colour)).

Tisserand Tea Tree Essential Roller Ball (Anti-Blemish)
Tisserand Tea Tree Essential Roller Ball (Anti-Blemish)
Offered by Taylor Made Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - reduces spots and redness in no time, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this product because I had a huge blemish on my cheek and my sister recommended it. I had been putting neat tea tree on it and I thought that this product wouldn't be any better than that. However, I was wrong! The rollerball contains ingredients other than just tea tree - lavender (great for healing broken skin), as well as grapefruit oil and Manuka (although I'm not entirely sure what these specifically do), as well as some other oils. It prevented my blemish from getting that dry ring around it and getting a dry scab, so I was able to happily wear concealer over the blemish. I will definitely keep on using this rollerball and would recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10