Profile for F. Henry > Reviews

Content by F. Henry

F. Henry "bookworm" (South Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Since I Saw You Last
Since I Saw You Last
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasing but not stunning, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Since I Saw You Last (Audio CD)
Big fan of GB and think he has genuine talent. I have listened to this a few times in the car and really enjoyed it. However, as I listen to it more, I find some of it a bit samey and not always very memorable. Favourite tracks are Let Me Go, Jump, Face To Face (with Elton John), 6th Avenue and Since I Saw you Last.

BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper
BaByliss for Men Super Hair Clipper
Price: 59.89

5.0 out of 5 stars should have bought this years ago!, 15 Jan 2014
Recently acquired this for my husband so he/we could keep his short hair neat without constant trips to the barber. It comes with several fittings so you can choose the hair length required. It arrived while I was away working and my husband was able to operate it and make a neat haircut all by himself. Bonus! Will certainly pay for itself many times over and it's a neat, compact item which comes with a handy bag for travel/storage of the separate elements. Delighted with this.

Andrew James Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales With Glass Platform
Andrew James Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales With Glass Platform
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, good value, 15 Jan 2014
This is an excellent product for the kitchen. I have just started baking again after a long period without a proper kitchen (long story!) and was looking to add a few essential and useful items. This is far more accurate than my old manual scales and is easy to keep clean. It fits easily in the cupboard with my other baking kit. As other reviewers said, it could also be used to check the weight of items for posting. Do remember you will need a little bowl for the top but at this price, I don't see that as a huge issue. The zero function is really useful if weighing multiple items and it offers a choice of metric or imperial.

National Treasures: The Complete Singles
National Treasures: The Complete Singles
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars great collection, 15 Jan 2014
Fantastic collection on two discs for any Manics fan or for anyone who wants to find out what they are about. I listen to this in the car a lot. Great value too.

The Escape Artist [DVD]
The Escape Artist [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Price: 12.44

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing ending, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Escape Artist [DVD] (DVD)
We bought this having seen the first episode when it was televised but missing the remaining two parts when we were away. The premise was fascinating and the acting from Tennant, in particular, was excellent, but we found the denouement a little unconvincing and thus rather disappointing.

The Flowers of the Field
The Flowers of the Field
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars absorbing read, well-researched, 15 Jan 2014
I have read and enjoyed a few Sarah Harrison novels previously (The Dreaming Stones and The Grass Memorial being two all-time favourites with their clever three-way stories) so I was keen to pick this up. I really loved the period detail (it starts a little before WW1) and the characters seemed very convincing. I bought a hard copy for my mum, having read it on my kindle, and we were both delighted to find out, on completing the book, that there are two sequels, so those are now on our "to read" lists too!

Ravensburger Fireworks Sydney (2000 Pieces)
Ravensburger Fireworks Sydney (2000 Pieces)
Price: 16.60

4.0 out of 5 stars fiendish, 15 Jan 2014
Well, this certainly kept me out of mischief for a number of afternoons over the wet and gloomy Christmas period! Makes a great and dramatic picture when complete. My first 2000 piece jigsaw tackled and it did take some perseverance but was well worth it in the end. The only downside is that I had hoped to frame it when complete but the size does not easily correspond to any frame sizes I could find available (just too wide), so I dismantled it and will pass it on to a friend, charity shop or whatever.

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, very light and slimline for a modern bathroom, 15 Jan 2014
While I might not like the numbers it displays when I stand on it (!), this is excellent value at the price. It's very slimline and lightweight and has a modern style. You can easily switch to weigh in stones, pounds or kilos, which is handy. Quickly delivered and carefully packaged.

LINDY 28 Super-Bright LED Torch Silver
LINDY 28 Super-Bright LED Torch Silver
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars handy for emergencies, 25 Oct 2013
Neat little torch with a bright light. We bought this to have handy in a drawer in case of power cuts etc. It runs on 3 AAA batteries (sold separately). Sure to be handy at some stage!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 7:39 AM GMT

The Railway Children
The Railway Children
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 16 Oct 2013
What a lovely story to re-read. Old-fashioned, perhaps, for the experience of today's children but a wonderful trip down memory lane. I loved the book, and the film, as a child, and was not disappointed to re-read it. I love the way the author narrates as if talking aloud to a child and find the character of Roberta (Bobbie) most charming.

Page: 1 | 2