Profile for Babe Ruth > Reviews

Content by Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii)
Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii)
Offered by The GameMonkey
Price: 12.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger Doctor Who fans, 21 Nov 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Now that we are the proud owners of both Doctor Who games, apart from reducing a lot of arguing over who's turn it is to play in our house, we can see the big difference between the two games. The first game for DS is a Professor Layton-style puzzle adventure which is suitable for older kids and the the Wii game is an actiongame more suited to younger kids - although there was a joke by the doctor in the first few minutes about the staff canteen in the space ship being closed which had me chuckling (and the kids looking at me like I was mad).

I think if your kids are older, in the 10-12 age group, they may find the Wii game a bit easy and I would recommend the DS game for them, but I think the Wii game is perfect for ages 7-9.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 8:22 PM BST

Doctor Who Evacuation Earth (Nintendo DS)
Doctor Who Evacuation Earth (Nintendo DS)
Offered by sir_bubby
Price: 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Doctor Who fans, 16 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was worried that this might be a bit of a sell-out like the Top Trumps game, but my kids are so keen on Doctor Who that it was worth a try - my fears were very much unfounded as the game really captures the humour and quirkiness of the new Doctor perfectly. This is a Professor Layton-Style puzzle adventure which is a familiar format, but with a Doctor Who theme - very cleverly done and well scripted. Will let you know how we get on with it once I can stop the kids squabbling over who has it next!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 11:59 AM GMT

Still Life 2 (PC DVD)
Still Life 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars "Still Life 2, the sequel", 15 Sep 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Still Life 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Being a fan of point and click adventure games and having played Still Life, I thought I'd try this sequel out and wasn't disappointed. The game plays like you are a CSI operative, but sometimes you also switch characters which is a nice twist. The game can become quite thrilling at some points, where it is a matter of life and death but after all you are trying to nail down a serial killer and you play the FBI agent and the kidnapped victim. There are also very nice cinematic cutscenes, clearly this is a well developed game and I enjoyed it a lot.

Wings of Prey (PC DVD)
Wings of Prey (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Fun, 5 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wings of Prey (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game looks amazing and is great fun in online mode. The controls are tricky at first but not too taxing in arcade mode. The scenery looks incredible as well.

Peppa Pig: Fun and Games (Nintendo DS)
Peppa Pig: Fun and Games (Nintendo DS)
Price: 11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first, if not better, 28 April 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was worried that this would be too similar to the first Peppa Pig title, but my 6-year-old daughter loves it and has not put it down for days - the style is very familiar for kids who have played the first, but equally suitable if your kid hasn't played the first game - very easy to get into but full of new games. a great addition to the Peppa Pig family!

Horrid Henry (Nintendo DS)
Horrid Henry (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game for all Horrid Henry fans, 30 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my 6-year old and he absolutely loves it - it's very true to the TV show with all of the characters and voices. The gameplay is easy to get into without him endlessly asking for my help. Hopefully it will keep him quiet for hours...