Profile for Mr. J. Fortune > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Fortune

Mr. J. Fortune (Surrey, UK)

Kettle BBQ Cover
Kettle BBQ Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 30 July 2009
I agonized over whether to buy this or the cheap one on here.

Don't agonize - buy this one. The cheap one is flimsy and tears easily. This one is made of the same material that parkas and such like. It's very well made and will last a lifetime.

Buy it.

Samsung R610 16 inch Laptop, Intel Core2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz, 3 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Blu-ray, Vista Home Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 30 July 2009
This is/was on the PC PRO magazine A List. Need I say more?

I superb machine. I'm very pleased with it.

Kitchen Craft White Plastic Parmesan Cheese Grater
Kitchen Craft White Plastic Parmesan Cheese Grater

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Money, 30 July 2009
I saw a recommendation of this item on the Cook Shop site and was delighted with the price but that's as far as it goes.

Basically, you have to break up the parmesan into bits and put it into a small chamber which you continually squeeze while turning the handle. Hard work for me - impossible for people with problems with their hands or arthritis, etc.

Tiny bits come out after all that work.

Frankly, this is total rubbish. DO NOT BUY!

Modern Times
Modern Times

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to listen to, 2 April 2007
This review is from: Modern Times (Audio CD)
I, too, saw Bob Dylan at the Isle of Wight Pop Concert in 1969 and have always been a fan. I bought this album in trepidation due to some of the reviews on here but I have to say that I'm very relieved and utterly delighted. Modern Times is a matured Dylan, a calmer Dylan - yes OK, an older Dylan. But so what? Most of his audience are growing older with him. I for one thoroughly enjoy these songs and absolutely love "Workingman's Blues", "Thunder on the Mountain", "Rollin' and Tumblin'" - yeah, alright - most of them. There's lots of great stuff that reminds me of many other artists as well as Dylan (e.g. "The Levee's Gonna Break" is pure JJ Cale) So - shock! horror! - Dylan is singing middle of the road songs. Well, we've been here before, and I loved it then: Self Portrait ... "All The Tired Horses", oh yes!

My advice to you: if you are a real Dylan fan go out and get this album. You will not be disappointed.

Modern Times [VINYL]
Modern Times [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to listen to, 2 April 2007
This review is from: Modern Times [VINYL] (Vinyl)

Modern Times [CD + DVD]
Modern Times [CD + DVD]
Offered by music_by_mail_uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to listen to, 27 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Modern Times [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)