Profile for ajonesy > Reviews

Content by ajonesy

ajonesy (Virgin Islands (British))

Clippasafe Extendable No-Trip Gate
Clippasafe Extendable No-Trip Gate

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective puppy barrier., 30 Nov. 2015
Bought to keep a puppy in place, and it works. Mounting it was a bit of a challenge, and after opening/closing it caused it to rip out of a plaster-board wall, I re-mounted it with a thin piece of wood and heavier-duty wall mounts. Job done and it achieves its purpose. I like the fact that when it is swung out of the way it doesn't scream "BABY GATE" - it is pretty subtle. It ha effectively kept a 26K puppy from going where she ought not, and that's good enough for me! It is adjustable for width to an impressive degree, but I don't know how strong it would be at or close to the fullest possible width.

British Quilted Wax Rain Jacket (XXL, Olive)
British Quilted Wax Rain Jacket (XXL, Olive)
Offered by G5 Apparel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 30 Nov. 2015
Awesome value for money. My OH is well pleased with this purchase. Well-sized and warm.

WAX WAXED COTTON PADDED JACKET WATERPROOF UNISEX RIDING HUNTING FISHING WALKING (XS 34-36" 86-91CM, NAVY)
Offered by Dallas Wear Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Nov. 2015
Smart, lightweight waxed jacket. Good value.

Smartweather Professional Weather station with PC hookup. Solar power
Smartweather Professional Weather station with PC hookup. Solar power
Offered by Home & Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, but outdated software, and no after-sales support., 30 Nov. 2015
I bought this thinking that I'd be able to add weather data to the Internet via one of the big online weather sites that hosts such data, and embed the data in my own web site. I was wrong. Never mind, it wasn't hideously expensive. However, it was supplied with a CD rom that supports systems that are as old as the Ark: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Vista. Fortunately, we have an ancient netbook that still works, and we loaded the software onto that. Ta-da! Got interesting data, much more than you can interrogate on the screen. However, the hyperlink to a web site for more support takes you to a dead web site, so there's no upgrading of software possible through that route.

In accordance with the vendor's request to contact them directly in the case of any questions or problems (included in their packaging), I emailed them and received no reply. Life got in the way, and I had bigger things to concern myself. But then the computer stopped being able to communicate with the weather station. I contacted the vendor again, this time through Amazon. Again no reply (it has been 10 days now).

I haven't had any of the problems with the wind gauge that other purchasers mentioned, which is a bonus. But I am totally disappointed in the vendor's after-sales service.

The unit does what it says on the box, and I guess is a fair price for what it does. But if I were going o buy another, I'd steer away from this vendor.

VonShef - Stainless Steel Double Insulated Gravy Boat / Sauce Jug - with Hinged Lid & 500ml Capacity - Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Dec. 2014
Good looking, good value.

Indoor LED Multicolour Fibre Optic Xmas/Christmas Tree with stand Green or White various Sizes (Green, 4' (120cm))
Offered by KM AGENCIES

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're lucky you get what you pay for....., 23 Dec. 2014
Cheap and nasty. We had wanted to find a pre-lit artificial tree, and thought that with the description "LED" we were getting small warn white lights like fairy lights, not feathery blue-white tips. Still, it'll do for this year. At a pinch, although I'm pretty embarrassed by it.

Sexually, I'm more of a Switzerland: Personal Ads from the London Review of Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 8 Feb. 2012
Sadly, about 50% of the book was given over to footnotes & explanations, which is fine if you want to really dig deep into the whole thing and learn how clever (or otherwise) the author of the ad was/was trying to be, but really, I didn't think that they added a great deal to the book. However, for the small price paid, I got enough good giggles to make the purchase worthwhile.

The Kindle edition loses something, as you can't readily "dog-ear" the pages of those you liked best.