Profile for Hobnob > Reviews

Nokia HS-47 Stereo Personal Handsfree Headphones
Nokia HS-47 Stereo Personal Handsfree Headphones
Offered by GLOBAL BARGAINS

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree with the previous review, 3 Nov 2009
I also bought a pair of these to replace the ones that came with the phone and the plastic ends have come off within a few weeks. After putting it back on a few times, I have now lost it completely, and they are so uncomfortable without.... I am going to buy the adapter, as mentioned in the previous post instead.Stereo Headphone Adapter for Nokia 6300 6500 Slide UK

EDIT: The adapter is fine for using other headphones to listen to music and radio, but you can't use it for voice! Doh! Going to have to resort to buying my third set. :-(

Hama Beads Giant Open Gift Box - with Storage Tray
Hama Beads Giant Open Gift Box - with Storage Tray
Offered by Fred Aldous Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great creative fun for girls and boys, 11 Oct 2009
My daughter received this set for her 7th birthday, and both her and her 4 year old brother have had a great time making a heart, butterfly, dragonfly, picture frame and more. Keeps them quite - not much adult interaction required, apart from ironing it at the end. Going to get her some more pegboards and a book of designs for Christmas... A great success!

Guess Who? Game
Guess Who? Game
Offered by Fun Collectables

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality ruins the game, 30 Sep 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Guess Who? Game (Toy)
I completely agree with the previous reviews, I remember playing this game and flicking down the faces - in this new version the tiny cards come flying out. The design is just awful - you'd think it'd be an easy design, just be able to slide the cards between two slats to hold the card in place?! In this version, they just rest on the front of the plastic holders - so of course they go flying. It's ridiculous.

The kids spend all their time picking out cards that have fallen out, knocking down surrounding cards in the process, and then getting the answer wrong. And it also makes setting up for a new game slow and laborious, as if you flick the set upside down, (as suggested) to rest it, all the cards fall out, and you have to set it all up again. The pictures are a lot smaller than the old game too, so that you can hardly see some features, like earrings, or lip colour.

Such a shame - I'm very disappointed.

3 x Nintendo DS Lite Pens/Stylus Black, White & Pink /Triple Pack
3 x Nintendo DS Lite Pens/Stylus Black, White & Pink /Triple Pack
Offered by Gadgetsonline

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 30 Sep 2009
Bought these to replace my daughter's stylus - great service, nice new stylus, I recommend this even if you haven't lost your stylus. It's nice to have a new one again, and it stays in the DS hole like new, whereas the old one kep falling out even before we lost it...

The Shoe People [DVD] [1987]
The Shoe People [DVD] [1987]
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids are loving it!, 30 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Shoe People [DVD] [1987] (DVD)
I bought this as a curiosity, I didn't remember much about it apart from the theme tune, but the reviews were good, and it was nice and cheap (which I think is only fair for programs that were on tv more than 10 years ago!!)

I've put it on for my 7 year old and 4 year old - my eldest should know better but they have both been sucked in and are really enjoying it!! Very gentle and pleasant, this is not Ben 10, but the story is quite fun, and the characters are very lovable.

Great for younger kids - a bit of a break from CBeebies!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, stong and very big!, 30 Sep 2009
I bought these hooks to hold up the draping at my wedding reception - we had to return the walls to how they were before, and these were great. Far too big though, half the size would have done! It's a bit difficult to see what size you are getting from the picture, so a scaled photo next to a coin, and / or the other size hooks would be helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 30 Sep 2009
A little bit expensive perhaps, but excellent quality so no complaints. I will probably get in trouble from the school as I think I was supposed to cover my daughter's school books in clear sticky back plastic, not shiny silver!! Never mind, it's shiny and fun, and the books look great! Great product.

LazyTown: The Album - CD + DVD
LazyTown: The Album - CD + DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Ba ba ba ba ba Lazy Town...., 26 July 2009
Fun ditty songs with good messages. If you're hosting a kids party, or looking for a CD in the car that won't melt your brain after 10 minutes, try this. It definitely appeals to the kids, and they know most of the songs from the show, but you will find yourself singing along too...

The Ladybird Book Of Kings And Queens
The Ladybird Book Of Kings And Queens
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book!, 26 July 2009
I bought this book after reading a couple of my Gran's original Ladybird books that she still has. She bought the Ladybird book on trains, which my son loved, despite it being fairly technical and dry (full of statistics and numbers). I realised that the kids like factual books too, if they are aimed at the right level.

My daughter (aged 6) is doing Kings and Queens at school at the moment, so I thought I'd start with this one. I have read her a few bits and pieces, and she has read a few of the others to herself. It is a bit much for her to read all in one go, but hopefully over time she will pick up the history.

The person who has got most from the book is - me!! It's a well summarised history - one page per monarch, with family trees for each period. I don't remember being taught this in any great detail at school myself, and I'm not so interested that I would research it much, but this little book is fairly much everything you need to know, to have a basic knowledge of kings and queens in this country. I certainly found it much more interesting than I thought I would, and it covers every monarch since Alfred up to Elizabeth II.

A must have for any children's (and adults!!) book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game for all the family, 26 July 2009
I used to play this game as a kid, and recently bought it again to take on a family half term holiday. 4 generations in a cottage in Whitby, all playing Boggle in the evening! My daughter is 6, and I would guess that is about the youngest you can be. We changed the rules slightly, so that she could have points for all her words. Usually players only get points for words that no-one else wrote down.

I have also played this at dinner parties and mates houses - it's really enjoyable, mainly because the people that traditionally do well at word games (e.g. scrabble etc) are not guaranteed to win this!! Often it will be won by getting lots of 3 letter words, rather than spnding time trying to get the single 8 letter word (which someone else might have anyway). There are other tactics like making sure you have the single AND plural of each word (if the s is available), making sure you get the anagrams of words you have written down (if they are available) and getting the shorter words inside words you have already written down. You'll be kicking yourself with the obvious words that you missed!

Page: 1 | 2