Profile for Pieroni Travels > Reviews

Content by Pieroni Travels

Pieroni Travels

SERGIO TACCHINI Society Men's Polo Shirt - RRP £35 (L)
SERGIO TACCHINI Society Men's Polo Shirt - RRP £35 (L)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 8 April 2013
Nice T shirt - however, I have bought a few in Italy whilst on holiday and I am not sure if this is as good as the ones from Milan ??

Lag3 Funny Today I Had A Lie Down 205gsm T-Shirt Blue Medium
Lag3 Funny Today I Had A Lie Down 205gsm T-Shirt Blue Medium
Offered by AJR

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog's Life, 8 April 2013
My daughter has always had a thing about Snoopy and spends almost as much time in bed as her dog (approaching 23 hrs daily on her days off work).
T shirt is therefore practical and a bit of an "in-joke" - good quality and fits her perfectly.
It has now been washed several times and is still perfect.

Head Men's Selected Ski Jacket Winter Sportswear - Red/Blue, Large
Head Men's Selected Ski Jacket Winter Sportswear - Red/Blue, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP QUALITY !!, 8 April 2013
As we are still suffering from our never ending Winter - and little respite on the horizon - I decided to invest in a Winter coat in Mid March !!
I live in the N.E. of England where the sun never shines and permafrost is part of our lives 11 months of the year. The ski jacket is fashionable, warm and ideal for "dog walking" - twice daily in the above conditions.
I had looked for a good while for a bargain - North Face & Berghaus seem very keen to maintain their price points and retain their values like a BMW and I don't think that they are that much better !!
Very pleased with my new jacket and will be wearing it for most of the year - truly value for money.
Go get one !!!!!

Tannoy Mercury V4 Floor Standing Speakers (Pair) (Dark walnut)
Tannoy Mercury V4 Floor Standing Speakers (Pair) (Dark walnut)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Best !!, 21 April 2012
After careful thought and having read loads of "expert" opinion, I plumped for the Tannoy Mercury floor standers.
I am very pleased with them - they not only sound fantastic but also look very smart / understated.
I have now tried a variety of different artists on them - and all sound top quality.
In particular FLAC files that have been burned onto CD sound particularly crisp.
They are both value for money & a delight to look at.
I am thrilled to bits with them - a very satisfied customer !!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2012 9:00 AM GMT

How To Become Clairvoyant
How To Become Clairvoyant
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Weight !!, 14 April 2011
Having been a huge fan of The Band and also liked his 2nd solo album Storyville and listened to the entire album on npr.org - I couldn't wait to invest in this -his latest effort. Robbie cleverly uses backing singers to enhance his own "lightweight" singing style and the guitar work by himself and various guests is awesome.
There are several tracks that you buy into immediately (Straight Down The Line & He Don't Live Here No More)and some that grow on you after several "listens".

Several reviewers have made note of the wait since Robbie's last album (13 years)- in my opinion his 3rd & 4th albums (based on Native American chants) were hugely disappointing - you need to go back to 1991 and the release of Storyville to have heard anything as good as this.

There are clear references to things in his past that in hindsight he possibly regrets and in This Is Where I Get Off - I presume he refers to the acrimonious split up of The Band and the bitterness that ensued. I understand that he is considering writing his memoirs - it will be interesting to note the differences between his recollections and those of Levon Helm in This Wheel's On Fire.
As my title suggests - well worth the wait..............

Insight Guides: The French Riviera
Insight Guides: The French Riviera
by Apa

5.0 out of 5 stars The French Riviera - Very Insightful !!, 11 Jan. 2011
To be perfectly honest I find it very difficult to go on holiday without having done a little digging before I go. This may sound a little "odd" but I actually enjoy the planning process as much as the holiday itself.
I therefore have a growing collection of travel guides (good news for Amazon !!).

My usual travel companion is Cara my daughter, who will be 21 this year, as this trip will coincide with her birthday I was keen to "do my homework" and ensure that she has a trip / birthday to remember.

She had suggested Monte Carlo as a possibility so hence the recent purchase of the book - it has apparently been fully up-dated and gives an excellent introduction to the French Riviera.
The photographs are truly inspiring (especially when viewed in a British winter)- can the sea & sky really be that BLUE.
There is a small section on the Region's history, some detailed descriptions of all points of interest heading geographically from West to East - Hyeres to Menton near the Italian border.
It also has recommendations for restaurants, hotels, travel tips & day trip suggestions which I find quite useful - although we quite often merely follow our noses.
We have been to Cannes before, so are thinking about setting up base camp in Nice which apparently has a good selection of restaurants & retail therapy (young daughter who will indeed shop till she drops)and still seems to retain it's regional identity.
Needless to say I am looking forward to our trip to France and will no doubt ensure that the first thing put into my luggage will be my newly acquired guide book.