Profile for A. Riley > Reviews

Hardcastle 1.8m Non Slip Steel Loading Ramps - Pair
Hardcastle 1.8m Non Slip Steel Loading Ramps - Pair
Offered by SDE Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Mar. 2016
These items are sturdy and easy to assemble. Just what I had hoped for! Also delivered promptly.

Kenwood kMix SJM042 Jug Kettle, 1.6 Litre, Almond Cream
Kenwood kMix SJM042 Jug Kettle, 1.6 Litre, Almond Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted we chose it!, 9 Dec. 2014
Our previous kettle gave up the ghost and we decided to research the field carefully before buying. So we read all the reviews (both official and from users) on Which?, as well as those on Amazon. Every time we thought we had found the right one we found a very negative review from someone else. In the end we went for this one. After all, it was "reassuringly expensive".
Reservations: It is not the quietest kettle, but that's not the same problem as a piece of equipment that can be on for hours at a time. It's not the largest, at 1.6L. It's not the easiest for reading the volume. We have been careful to avoid overfilling it because we have had other similar kettles wrecked when they overboil.
Positives: Any surface you need to touch is comfortable silicon, so you can't burn yourself. It has a lid that opens wide (so you can easily check the volume that way). It has the best spout I have ever come across - it seems quite impossible to spill water from it.
Six weeks on, we are very happy with it. I would probably only award it 4.5 stars, but that wasn't an option.

Gigaset C610A Trio DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black
Gigaset C610A Trio DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Jun. 2013
Escellent price and super functionality. The secondary handset on our previous Siemens Gigaset disappeared and this was an obvious replacement. Buying it with three handsets cost less than buying it with two!!

Bean & Pea Ring Green
Bean & Pea Ring Green
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time and money, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Bean & Pea Ring Green
This product claims to avoid the need for "fiddly tying". However, it suffers from many faults. The clips are so angled that the canes must all be vertical, rather than angled in (which makes them stable). Theclips are designd for very narrow canes and if you are using ba,mbo canes 6' or longer (as you would need for runner beans or sweet peas) then the clips are not wide enough. Thirdly, and worst of all, the clips are very brittle and just snap. After half an hour of fiddling around trying to get one to wor (snd throwing two broken ones away). we gave up. Tying canes with string was a dream by comparisn.

Saeco Decalcifier for Espresso Coffee Machines, 250 ml, Pack of 3
Saeco Decalcifier for Espresso Coffee Machines, 250 ml, Pack of 3
Offered by QUAILITAS LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, and reasonable value, 14 Nov. 2011
I tried this in my Gaggia espresso machine because I was fed up with buying the Gaggia cleaner at a higher price and then paying postage on top.
It is, I'm sure, the identical product to the Gaggia descaler, but with "Saeco" instead of "Gaggia" The instructions are also word-for-word identical. And it works just fine.
Don't be tempted to try a traditional kettle descaler in an espresso machine. It is much cheparer but just doesn't work and is possibly harmful to the machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2012 11:16 PM GMT

Levv Glass Stand For Plasma & LCD TV Up to 42-inch - Clear Glass with Silver Finished Legs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but some issues, 9 Jan. 2011
I've just built one of these and think that earlier complaints about build instructions have been largely addressed. Build time was 20 minutes and went perfectly as per instructions, except for one thing. The 3-tier stand is assembled upside-down. However, the middle tier rests its weight on two supports. When upside down there is nowhere for this weight to go, unless you find a way of wedging the middle tier on its underside. Having done this, assemly is straightforward.
I would have preferred to see the sharp right-angle corners on the unit's front rounded off, but for the price it is excellent.

CiberDirect Remanufactured Laser Toner Cartridge To Replace Brother TN2120 (2,600 Pages).
Offered by Ciberdirect

4.0 out of 5 stars OK so far, 9 Jan. 2011
I bought this with some trepidation because of an earlier very negative review for a similar product. It's been installed for a few weeks now and has so far been entirely satisfactory. Two comments: 1) the advert picture has "Brother" on the toner cartridge. The one I received does not have "Brother" on it and I think that the advert picture should be changed to avoid charges of "passing off". Also, the installation instructions with the cartridge were incomprehensible - go to the Brother website if you want to see how to change the cartridge.

Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Blade Shredder with 40 mm Cutting Capacity
Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Blade Shredder with 40 mm Cutting Capacity

3.0 out of 5 stars Up to the job - just., 12 July 2010
I bought this after reading many reviews for it and other shredders. I bought it to reduce the clippings from a large hornbeam hedge to a state that we could put on the compost heap. I think that some of your reviewers have been over-ambitious in their expectations of this machine. Nothing I put through it was more demanding than a freshly-cut twig 6mm (1/4") thick or plant stems which are just a bit too woody to compost readily. We ran it for about 6 hours to work through all the trimmings. At the end of the 6 hours the blade was fairly blunt and I've turned it round. I'll try regrinding the blade but if that doesn't work this will indeed be a very expensive tool to use.
It is prone to clogging but after a bit you get to know what you can and can't get away with.
At first I was pretty dismissive about the plastic prodder that comes with it but rapidly realised that the best way of operating seems to be to keep it constantly in my right hand.
I couldn't see the point in the clippings bag they advertise. I found that the shredder can stand in a large wheelbarrow and when it's full just take it off to empty.

Morphy Richards Intelliboil 43870 Jug Kettle, Black
Morphy Richards Intelliboil 43870 Jug Kettle, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Good at first, but..., 12 May 2010
This seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. A kettle which has a volume measure on the side and a selection of temperatures. So, for instance, for coffee you don't have to boil and let it cool down; just set it to 95. Brilliant!
And so it was for the first couple of weeks. And then all the boiled water tasted of plastic, regardless how careful we were to only use fresh each time.
We emailed Morphy Richards about the problem and got a very guarded response. This was along the lines that we almost certainly had chlorinated water, we should use fresh each time etc. But it went on to admit that this was "an industry-wide problem" and said that if the problem persisted we could return it for a refund.Which we have done.
Frankly, this product should be withdrawn from the market place until they sort this problem.

HDIUK 5m Satellite Extension Cable Kit for Relocating Sky, Freesat or other Satellite Receiver to another Part of the Room
Offered by Prime HDi

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 12 May 2010
Does exactly what you want it to. Just remember that you will neeed two of these cables.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3