Profile for N. Langford > Reviews

Content by N. Langford

N. Langford "Winsonsone" (Birmingham UK)

Together
Together
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Together (Audio CD)
A totally stunning first Album. Rarely if ever do I give all tracks a five star rating in my iTunes list, but had no hesitation in doing so with this album. Surely no one can fail to be moved by the performance of both artists who sing so beautifully together.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2012 12:16 PM BST

Please Please Me
Please Please Me
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Porteous at his very best, 3 July 2007
This review is from: Please Please Me (Audio CD)
This is a most stunning version of the old Beatles favourite. I had never heard of Wyckham Porteous until around two years ago when Lee Mack, deputising for Jonathon Ross on his BBC 2 Saturday morning show played Porteous's interpretation of this song whilst I was out driving (I now have dozens of songs by Porteous, but not this one until now). It had so much of an impact, I pulled to the side of the road to listen to it and take down details. For the past two years I have searched everywhere for it. I even contacted the BBC, only to find the version played by Lee Mack was apparently from his private collection and had never been released commercially. Today I was over the moon to get a message from Amazon indicating the track was being released as a single. I have a playlist I call 5 star + on my iPod. It looks as though I will now have to start another list starting with Please Please Me by Porteous, which I shall call 5 star ++.