Profile for Duane Miles > Reviews

Duane Miles (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing CPU!!, 5 Sep 2013
I upgraded to this from an old Core 2 Quad Q9550. When that was coued with a GTX660 ti it could run everything, albeit in 720p on lowest settings.
Battlefield 3, on low at 720p got me around 30-40 FPS.
After I upgraded to this, at 1080p in high I got 100+ FPS, or mid to high 50s on ultra.
Coupled with an Asus Z87-Pro motherboard, this processor automatically overclocks itself to 4.1GHz to 4.3GHz.
It truely is a monster for performance.
The only suggestion I have is that you buy your own beatsink and thermal paste. With a Hyper 212 Plus and Arctic Silver 5, this thing rarely reaches 50C.
For the price, this is very good.

Intel Q9550 Core 2 Quad Proccessor - 2.83 GHz,12MB L2 Cache,1333MHz FSB,Socket LGA775,45 nm,3 Year Warranty,Retail Boxed
Offered by Pri.Trading
Price: 309.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU, but currently over priced, 13 July 2013
When I was a little tighter on cash, I had to get an LGA775 socket motherboard, as I had an E7500.
At the current price, I wouldn't buy this.
I bought it when it was around 210, so this is no longer a budget CPU, and is infact way over priced. If you can get it cheaper elsewhere, then do.

It performs very well. It puts up a 7.3 on the system ratings and runs just about anything I throw it's way.
This coupled with a GTX660 Ti can run games like Battlefield 3 really well on decent settings.
Unfortunately, from what I've read, it can't be overclocked simply. The 2.83GHz isn't bad, but it would be nice if it were higher.

If you're looking to build a new computer then I suggest a i5 2Ghz, which performance wise, is about the same, but much cheaper. You can get cheap motherboards these days that fit the sockets for around 50, so it would be a better alternative.

Again though, when this was cheaper, it was a very good choice, now, not so much.

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gaming mouse, 13 July 2013
So far, I've not had a single problem with the mouse.
It's got 10 programmable buttons you make do, just about anything you want. Key strokes. Close windows. Open programs. all sorts.
Of course, the main reason you'd get a mouse like this is for gaming, for which it is amazing.
You can have an unlimited number of profiles which it can automatically switch between depending on what you have open. I even have a specific profile for Google Chrome to make browsing more intuitive. I've got profiles for Battlfield 3, Bad Company 2, Minecraft, Ghost Recon and so many more, and it'll switch on the fly.

It also comes with some nice weights which slot in the bottom. You get more weights than what actually fit in and with different weights, so you can make the mouse as heavy as you need it, or as light as you want it, within it's natural weight of course.
Also, there's a button just below the scroll wheel which releases the latch, so you can spin the scroll wheel extremely quick with no resistance, useful for getting up and down long web pages.

From my experience, there are no cons to this. For the price I paid, I couldn't be happier. You just can't go wrong.

Razer Goliathus Omega Control Mouse Mat Fragged
Razer Goliathus Omega Control Mouse Mat Fragged
Offered by Fierce PC
Price: 22.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pad, 13 July 2013
The mouse pad is made from a high quality weave, giving it a rough visual, yet maintaining a superb level of smoothness. I had no mouse mat before getting this, and I noticed a dramatic difference instantly.
I've got the Logitech G500, which I have set to a high DPI. This mat enabled me to be way more accurate in games without having to move my hand nearly as harshly or far. My mouse can now detect tiny hand movements due to this pad.
Good value for money.

High Quality Mens Boys Enzo Branded Denim High Fashion Cargo Combat Jeans Trousers Size 28" To 40" (38W x 34L, EZ 08 - Black)
Offered by GAFFER DEALS
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 13 July 2013
These jeans are made with good quality fabrics and feel sturdy and comfortable to wear. They're not thin, but they're not thick either, which suits me fine, especially with it being summer. Currently, of all the jeans I own, these are my favourite, and when I can get a little spare cash, I will probably buy one or two more pairs.

Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case (ATX, M-ATX, Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management, Anti-Vibration Rubber Stand)
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gaming case, 13 July 2013
The Z11 is a nice large case. It's got multiple mountings available for different motherboards with plenty of space on the top end, so you can fit in high rising heat sinks.
The 2 things I love most about this case are:
1) Both sides panels come off. This gives you unparalleled access to the motherboard and all the niggly bits you would otherwise be unable to reach.
2) It has a large number of built on fans, and the entire thing is essentially full of holes, so it has incredible ventilation. There's a 120mm fan on the top grill, with room for a second. There's a 120mm fan on the top of the back grill. Each panel has a small fan in the ventilation pockets, which I originally though were just decoration. There's also another small fan sitting at the very bottom of the front grill.
The front fan and the top fan use a motherboard chassis fan connector, while all the others use a peripheral cable. You also only need one as they ones attached to the fans can connect into each other.

There's plenty of mounting space for HDD's and SSD's. For the HDD's it comes with rubber mounts which slot in to the mounting section, so there's no faffing around screwing your drives into the case itself.
On the front top, it's got enough panels for 5 disc drives, or whatever else you could fit in there.

All in all, this case is AMAZING value for money. I could not be happier with my purchase.

I Love It
I Love It
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Heard it, got it, 13 July 2013
This review is from: I Love It (MP3 Download)
Heard this song on the radio and absolutely fell in love with it. Not sure what else can be said for it. It's bubbly and catchy and begs to be sung along too.

The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [Blu-ray]
The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Offered by RAREWAVES
Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, 13 July 2013
I heard very mixed reviews about this, with some people who enjoyed the books as much as I did saying it wasn't that good.
Personally, I really enjoyed this film. It stays true to the majority of the book and follows it rather well.
With it being a film, there are bits missed out, and for the sakes of not being so brutal, some of the more violent scenes from the book are made a little less so.

It's a good buy for anybody who's a fan of the books.

Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Offered by prltrading
Price: 78.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Behemoth storage, 13 July 2013
This disc drive, while not an SSD still has rather good write and read speeds. It's fairly quiet and the storage is phenomenal.
It needed partitioning first and assigning a drive, but since this is my first 100% brand new HDD I'm not sure whether or not that's normal.

I get access to the full 3TB of storage, and even split 200GB off for a network drive. It really is worth the money you pay.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 13 July 2013
I got this as I purchased a Hyper 212 heatsink. I'd been recommended to use Arctic Silver 5 by a friend, and it has loads of positive reviews.
With the cooler it keeps my Q9550 at around 30C, which is superb. Will be buying more of this when I change my processor.

Page: 1 | 2