Profile for Mrs. J. A. Rudkin > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. A. Rudkin

Mrs. J. A. Rudkin "Jules" (West Berks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PLEMO Bullet 16 Ounce Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Drinking Flask Hydration Bottle Travel Tumbler, Pink
Offered by Claybox
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and ladylike!, 17 Jun 2014
I love this little flask. It has a convenient carry handle and the pink shade is lovely. It keeps drinks hot and just the right amount to carry around or on a long dog walk.

First4spares Hard Floor Brush For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
First4spares Hard Floor Brush For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the orginal Henry spare part, 5 July 2013
This hard floor brush is better than the original Henry part I had because the brushes don't bend in like the last one did which caused debris to get stuck between the brushes. I am very happy with this; a quality part at a good price.

Stella - Series 2 [DVD]
Stella - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Jones
Price: 8.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..when is the next series?, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Stella - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
We love Stella! This is a very well written series that is a pleasure to watch. I found myself looking forward to watching each episode. It is a gentle and entertaining story set in Wales. All the characters are hugely watchable and there is good balance between humour and family relationship issues.

Non Pull Dog Harness - Stop Your Dog Pulling - Large
Non Pull Dog Harness - Stop Your Dog Pulling - Large
Offered by Mr Pets
Price: 12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that works.., 5 July 2013
I bought this for my one year old energetic Boxer dog and although I can't see how it works, it just does. I also have a large German Shepherd who is almost unwalkable due to her wanting to pull my arms out their sockets despite being a more mature age of 8 years (and yes, both went to weekly training classes to no avail).I have a Dogmatic leather halti style lead for her which does work well, but I couldn't see this working on my Boxer. Their two noses are so different; one very long and the other all squashed up. So I looked on Amazon for something else and saw this which centres its control around the chest and shoulder area of the dog. As my Boxer is deep chested and powerfully built around the chest and shoulders, this does the job so effectively that he does not seem to pull at all. With the Dogmatic collar on my Shepherd's nose, it does still sometimes seem like a battle over whether her nose is stronger than me, but with this harness on the Boxer, I can scarcely feel him pulling at all. It is a little bit of a fiddle to put on the dog, but well worth the fact that we can walk at a more leisurely pace!

The Iron Lady [DVD]
The Iron Lady [DVD]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 6.09

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing woman, whatever your politics, 28 April 2012
This review is from: The Iron Lady [DVD] (DVD)
We saw this film at the cinema and at the end everyone just sat there quietly whilst the credits rolled which gives you an idea of what a powerful and thought provoking film this was. My husband and I are in our 40's and of an age to remember Mrs Thatcher. I was pleased that this film was quite factual and did not have any particular political persuasion. Whatever your personal views on politics, no one can deny that Margaret Thatcher was a highly intelligent and incredible woman. Perhaps today with sexual equality, no one would bat an eyelid at a female Prime Minister, but this film really reminds you that she was truly remarkable and exceptionally strong to make it as a woman in that era. She had more balls than anyone in politics today!

I am David (World Mammoth)
I am David (World Mammoth)
by Anne Holm
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that I will always own, 3 Jan 2012
I first read 'I am David' when I was a young teenager and the story stayed with me so much so that when I had my own children, I bought another copy of it (the first one having got lost in frequent house moves). I let my older two children read the book themselves as they were of an age to understand it. My next two children were not such avid readers and this book passed them by. However, my youngest son aged 8 who is also called David (and yes, this book did influence me when I named him) is much more of a bookworm so I thought he would enjoy it. As he is so young, I thought I would read the story to him each night before he went to bed as some of it needed explaining to him (POW camps etc).

Its been some years since I last read the book and I have just finished reading it again to my David. I had to leave a review on here because I had forgotten quite how moving this book is. I won't spoil the ending if you haven't read it, but as I was reading the last few lines to my son, I couldn't get the words out as I was in floods of tears. He was crying too and we both agreed that it was a book that would stay with us for life. I can't recommend this book highly enough; a truly humbling book that has made my life all the richer for reading it.

Orange Insulated Cool Bag Holds 9 Cans Picnic festival
Orange Insulated Cool Bag Holds 9 Cans Picnic festival

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap looking and not very strong, 23 Nov 2011
Although this item appears a good price, with the postage on top, it is not so reasonable. When it arrived it looked very cheap and nasty with the stitching almost having gaps in it. By pulling the seams apart gently, I could clearly see the stitching starting to pull away. I don't think it will last very long once it is filled with cans. The actual material is very thin too and I doubt its ability to keep things cool. I was going to return it but then realised it wasn't worth the bother once the P&P charges were taken off. I am not using it to store cans anyway, so it may last me a bit a longer. I only chose it because I specifically needed an orange cool bag, however the quality is poor and I would not recommend buying it if you are not concerned about the colour.

Gelert Nemesis 6 Carpet - Blue/Green Check
Gelert Nemesis 6 Carpet - Blue/Green Check

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely touch of luxury for camping, 2 Nov 2011
I dithered about reading different reviews when looking for a tent carpet and I was so pleased that I chose this one. It really made our camping trip a more pleasant experience; in fact I would go so far as to say that these are pretty essential in the colder months. This carpet was warm and soft to the touch and quickly dried out after one of the kids managed to drop water all over it. Very good value and worth having.

Daisy Sticker Pack - Over 40 Flowers
Daisy Sticker Pack - Over 40 Flowers
Offered by Aurum92
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice plentiful stickers, 2 Nov 2011
I was really happy with these stickers. I have put them on my little yellow car and they look great. The stickers are of good quality and cheaper than others I found.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really sturdy useful camping toilet, 2 Nov 2011
After our first recent camping experience, how glad I was that I bought this little toilet. Although its not overly compact in that it doesn't fold down or anything, it is really sturdy and happily took my adult weight without a wobble. It is really a glorified bucket, but the fact it has a nice toilet seat and a little lid that fits on when you take it out to empty it, makes it so much better than just using a bucket. Another useful thing is that with the lid down, it provides a level surface so it can even double up as a coffee table!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 4:30 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4