Profile for J. Vance > Reviews

Content by J. Vance

J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lorimer Legacy
Lorimer Legacy
by Anne Melville

4.0 out of 5 stars As light reading goes, this is quite good, 29 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Lorimer Legacy (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book. It is not huge and is light reading, but a well written story kept me reading to the end. Unfortunately I found the ending a bit of a disappointment as it seemed to be an afterthought, rather than a well thought out conclusion, but I would happily read this again.

Bioflow Elite Stainless Steel Mens 140-220mm
Bioflow Elite Stainless Steel Mens 140-220mm
Offered by Bloomfield Associates

5.0 out of 5 stars must have medical aid for nearly every complaint, 25 Aug. 2015
I bought this as a gift because I have one I have worn for years with great results. (mine is two-tone)
I have worn a Bioflow Elite bracelet for a number of years, (it stays on 24/7), and it has seen me through major surgery and a completely shattered foot. Both times doctors were amazed at my recovery. Maybe I just healed quickly and better than expected, but with prognosis that were not great in either case, a 98% recovery was a gift from somewhere.
I also suffer from migraines and these have decreased in number from about one a week to four or five a year since wearing the bracelet.
Despite about 8-9 years of use and abuse, (swimming in the sea and sport), my “Elite Two Tone” still looks like new.
All in all, one of the best investments I have ever made was this one for my health.

Pandora's Box
Pandora's Box
by Elizabeth Gage

1.0 out of 5 stars Hundreds of pages of useless information that has no bearing on the story, 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Pandora's Box (Paperback)
This book started well, (the first few pages that is) with an intriguing plot - but then we were taken back in time and that is where it all went wrong for me. Hundreds of pages were dedicated to presenting and describing people who seemed to have no relationship whatsoever with the beginning plot. We meet these people as kids, and unfortunately have to follow them as they grow up. I persevered, jumping hundreds of pages to find out now the beginning few pages ended and was bitterly disappointed. Also I discovered the entire lives of these people was totally unnecessary to the story. Short phrases such as 'gold digger' to describe one character could have saved around 200 pages of worthless reading. The story of this person never lets the reader know why they are so money and power hungry, but goes through every job, acquaintance and conquest they ever had from birth until death! And the same applies to each character! I got rid of this book as I do not intend to go through the torture of reading it again.

MONOPOLY
MONOPOLY

1.0 out of 5 stars way too animated, 10 mins to load, 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: MONOPOLY (App)
There is far, far too mich animation on this game. It takes ages to load and they are so busy adding unnecessary animation to your move you can't see the board. You don't know what to buy or not. Absolutely terrible and so very slow

Word Rings 2
Word Rings 2

1.0 out of 5 stars too obscure clues to be fun, 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Word Rings 2 (App)
A picture of a parrot needs 2 words, but what the second one was is anybodies guess. Also this is based on American words, so to have any chance you need American vocublary and American spelling. Rubbish if you are British or any other English speaking player

Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition (Full)
Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition (Full)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK no more, no less, 18 Aug. 2015
this was OK, no more, no less . Graphics fine & there was a logic to the items. However there are a couple of points where this game fell down -one was the mini games. some were tiny little squares ln the middle of the screen & others had Small writing. At times the inventory was very full of things you couldn't use & then suddenly You used them all in a few minutes, leaving you with nothing. At this point even the map said there was nothing to do, but we pressed 'hint' & it told us where to go. It would have been nice to be able to discover this without the hint. We turned df All help, but items still sparkled to 'help' us . It would have been more fun without this too.

Adventure Escape: Time Library (Mystery Room, Doors, and Floors Point and Click Time Travel Story!)

1.0 out of 5 stars All the same, not worth downloading, 8 Aug. 2015
no imagination went into this game. Every time you move there is a number code to insert. Simply find it and put it in. Far too easy and so very boring. I didn't bother to finish the game because I got fed up with doing the same thing over and over. I uninstalled this.

Jewels Quest
Jewels Quest

4.0 out of 5 stars OK because it is free, 7 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Jewels Quest (App)
This is fun, and free, so really you can ask for little more, but that said, all the levels are more or less the same, so it gets boring. There are no instructions, and even though I have played about 100 levels, I still can't figure out how I removed some 'special' blocks.

No Way Out - And Other Scary Short Stories
No Way Out - And Other Scary Short Stories

1.0 out of 5 stars Even free, this book is too expensive, 7 Aug. 2015
I like short stories, but these were too badly written to even be considered stories. They had a basic language perhaps more suited to a 5 year old than an adult, but the content was not child friendly, (unless you want your child to read about eating cats!) The writing style was non existent and the story line was also absent. There are 3 short stories at the beginning, but they make little sense are are not interesting. As another reviewer said, there is no beginning, middle or end, and the very, very few things in the story seem to appear out of nowhere, (one child goes into a special house, how he found this, why it is special etc. is not mentioned.) Of these 3, 2 are very similar - about a boy, (not the same one), happens at Halloween, (not the same one) and involved Halloween tricks etc. Really, this is such a lack of imagination that I was already fed up. Then followed a 'sample preview' of another book by the same author, but I couldn't be bother to see if there were any more stories after this, as I had no intention whatsoever of reading them.
This was free, but it is not worth the time to download or the space it takes up on my tablet. I uninstalled it as I wish to NEVER read it again.

Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard
Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't bother to finish free trial, 4 Aug. 2015
Terrible game. Played for about 15 minutes but didn't bother to finish free trial. So far it was all mini games, amd all in shades of green. The items are well hidden, which is fine if the colours are correct and you can enlarge the screen as you can with most other games, but here you can't.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20