Profile for J. Vance > Reviews

Content by J. Vance

J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HERE - Offline navigation, maps, traffic, public transport
HERE - Offline navigation, maps, traffic, public transport

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly reccomend and is both offline and on, 28 July 2015
Great off line sat nav. We have used it in 3 countries, and it always got us where we wanted to go. being offline means you still have instructions even if there is no wi-fi in the area, which in some of the places we went happened. Yopu need to download maps for each country, but there is also the possibility to only download regional maps for any larger countries, and those did us fine. That meant the app took up little space. We found all the info to be accurate; times, distances and directions all worked.

Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition
Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying full version, 28 July 2015
Not as good as many similar games. We tried the free version and found it so easy it seemed stupid. The story didn't intrigue and seemed disjointed, and the trial lasted very little time. There was nothing in this sample to make us want to buy the full version - and we have bought many such games after trying them.

QuickSpell
QuickSpell

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work, 27 July 2015
This review is from: QuickSpell (App)
Does not work properly. It fails to recognise abbreviations, and even if you add thrm to the dictionary, they are still signed as wrong. I hose British English, but it still corrects that to USA spelling, making my document totally wrong. A waste of time and money.

Oriental Game 3d New
Oriental Game 3d New

1.0 out of 5 stars Whole game not visible, even on large screen, 13 May 2015
This review is from: Oriental Game 3d New (App)
First when I downloaded this game it had a different title 'Mah Jong Pro 3D' which costs £1.78 so I quickly checked and I had downloaded the correct one which was free. It appears both games are the same, so it only depends if you choose to play free or pay which is a bit of a cheat!
Next it doesn't fit the screen (I have a large one at 10") and part of the game is below a large bar at the bottom which belongs to the app and NOT my tablet. (see photo) This meant I couldn't play the game because I couldn't see the tiles. I tried moving it, rotating the tablet and everything possible, but there was no way to see the whole game, so I uninstalled this.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mahjong 3D
Mahjong 3D

1.0 out of 5 stars Only about 15 minutes play, and far too easy, 13 May 2015
This review is from: Mahjong 3D (App)
I love mahjong and have played 3D boards before, so was excited by this for my tablet.
BUT there are ONLY 20 levels, and even that is not totally true. It shows 20 levels, but only 10 can be played. The last 10 are not available to play, buy, download or do anything with.
These 10 were so easy I did them all in one sitting of about 15 minutes. I assumed that if I completed all levels with all the stars the other levels would open up, but NO.
This kept me busy for minutes, but as it was too easy I have no desire to play the levels again. Then, out of curiosity I tried to play badly to see if I got blocked, but no matter what I did, the level came out each time. These do not keep you guessing, calculating or anything, and this game is one I will not keep on my tablet as it just wastes space.

Magisto - Magic Video Editor
Magisto - Magic Video Editor

1.0 out of 5 stars you can NOT use this until you give them your email, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Magisto - Magic Video Editor (App)
First you can NOT use this until you give them your email!. I did, although not happily.
All my photos are shown in some sort of order, but not the order I keep them on my tablet in, so I couldn't find photos easily.
Next when I chose 4 photos they said there weren't enough and my slideshow couldn't be made. I had to chose 5. I did, and it said 15 were better!
I managed to get it going with 5, but then you have to pick a theme, and none of theirs suited my own idea, but I tried anyway. Add music and click 'make' and you are told they will do it and send it to you when it is ready. 10 minutes later it hadn't come, so if you want to modify your work this could take all day!!!!!
I want an app where I make and edit it quickly and easily, not something I have no control over.
I uninstalled it.

Daily Mah Jong
Daily Mah Jong

1.0 out of 5 stars every few seconds things cross the screen and you can't see the board, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Daily Mah Jong (App)
I love mahjong and am looking for a good app, but this seems to be difficult. This one I played two times before removing it. The reason was that every few seconds things, (petals, rain etc) cross the screen and you can't see the board. (see 3rd photo in description - which I thought was just publicity and not during the game). I completed my first game in 'record time' according to the app, so I must have done it quickly, but still about 15 times I had to wait for all this stuff to pass before continuing. Really annoying! During my second game I got fed up and uninstalled this.

Insta SlideShow
Insta SlideShow

1.0 out of 5 stars This doesn't even do what it says, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Insta SlideShow (App)
This doesn't even do what it says. I was delighted to see this and it sounded great, but it is awful!
1. First it is not really a slide show as the photos just appear one on top of the other. That means if a bigger one is earlier in the sequence then you can see the sides, top and bottom all the time while looking at the other photos.
2. Next it took my full screen size photos and made them postage stamp size.
3. I tried, and tried and looked and looked, but I couldn't find the 'Option to choose transition effect'. In fact there were no transitions on my show.
4. They say, 'Easily to cut,copy,delete,sort and add photos.'. It was easy to add and remove them, but I was unable to move or 'sort' them at all. This function may be hidden somewhere, but it is not on my menu or screen.
5. The next photo is slow coming but I could find no way to change the speed and that makes it impossible to adapt the photo to the music. (This is why I got this app, to make a slideshow of the illustrations from my book with background music.)
6. This app only works in portrait mode, and my photos are in landscape.
7. in the slideshow editor there are 6 functions - done, add photo, take photo, add video, add music and play. Nothing else.
I have already removed this app. If it had done what it says it would have been great fun, but it does virtually nothing useful
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hidden Object - Haunted Places Free
Hidden Object - Haunted Places Free

5.0 out of 5 stars The free version has many levels to try, 19 Feb. 2015
I am not a fan of HO games, and got this by mistake. I played it, and it isn't bad. some of the objects are easy to see, but it gets harder. The free version gives enough levels to try so you know if you like the game or not. It works fine and is easy to understand and use. It just isn'y my type of game, but that is not the fault of the game.

Twelve Red Herrings
Twelve Red Herrings

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly disappointing and unbelievable as they are written. The plots are disjointed and not good, 12 Feb. 2015
I love short stories, but hated these. I thought the fact most of the stories are true stories would make this very interesting, but they are delivered so badly, they are simply annoying.
I don't want to give any spoilers so will be a bit vague, but hopefully you will get the idea.
The idea is that the ending hits you as a surprise and isn't what you expect, so...
The first story ended by telling you who had done it and how except 'the character saw Mrs X and recognised her from before - i expect you realised who she was before me' - NO I didn't and still have no ides who she is.The story doesn't tell me and the ONLY possible woman couldn't be Mrs X because she was in jail abroad. I even used the Kindle 'search book' to see who this was, but she didn't appear in the book.
Story 2 relies on 2 men who don't know each other going into the same shop to buy the same item and saying EXACTLY the same thing and doing EXACTLY the same thing. These men both come from different countries but happen to be in the same place, they also happen to have EXACTLY the same amount of money to throw away and they are leaving the country at EXACTLY the same time. There are more coincidences too. This is too far fetched to believe, and although this is based on a true story and supposedly really happened, the story needs more detail to bring it together. It needs explanations about why they both are willing to do what they do, why they do it and lots more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20