Profile for V. Porter > Reviews

Content by V. Porter

V. Porter "Stickler for good design" (London, UK)

S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter
Offered by Coffee Extras

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly What It Should, 23 Nov. 2013
I am very satisfied with my new coffee filter. It is very well crafted so I think it will last for many years. And I swear my coffee tastes better. No more coffee grounds straying into the cup, and the slight taste of paper is gone. It is a good investment and I won't have to buy filters anymore. Highly recommended!

Howsar Quick Lock Twin Pack (Pack of 2)
Howsar Quick Lock Twin Pack (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ugly but does the job, 17 Oct. 2013
I wanted something simple and easy? This may look less than elegant, but it worked on one of my more normal doors. For two other doors, it didn't fit--but I live in a very old house with non-standard doors. If you have normal, modern doors, it probably will be fine.

Superstar Popcorn Maker, Red
Superstar Popcorn Maker, Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 17 Oct. 2013
I have tried every which way to get this to work. No matter what I do, only a paltry amount of corn pops. I finally threw it out and bought a great manual popper. Give this one a miss.

Dominoes & Cribbage Set
Dominoes & Cribbage Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes an impressive gift, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Dominoes & Cribbage Set (Toy)
I was looking for a set of dominoes with a nice, well-crafted cribbage board for scoring. I gave it as a gift and the receivers were genuinely happy. The wooden case is well thought-out and is a pleasure to open. I am considering buying another set--for me!

Tescoma Microwave Cover Microline, 25cm
Tescoma Microwave Cover Microline, 25cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and elegant, 17 Aug. 2012
I have a thing about not settling for mediocre design, even in everyday objects. This microwave cover is perfect--no unnecessary moving parts, easy to pick up knob, just the right size. It gives me a small pleasure every time I use it.