ARRAY(0xa5f1d3a8)

Maha MH-C490F 4 Bank PP3 Battery Fast Smart Charger Kit
Maha MH-C490F 4 Bank PP3 Battery Fast Smart Charger Kit
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 10 Feb 2014
This is a relatively compact unit for a four birth and charges my batteries well. Delivery was as described, so can't ask for anything more

Klingg - Magnetic Earphone Cord Holder (black/blue)
Klingg - Magnetic Earphone Cord Holder (black/blue)
Offered by CEEPLE-DOT-COM LIFESTYLESTORE
Price: 16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, 10 Feb 2014
Pros:
Extremely easy to fit - it is just two magnets, one goes infront of your t-shirt (or whatever) and the other goes on the other side. The magnets for a pinch and there you go - solid.
It does a very good job of taking the slack out of the cable so it doesn't fly around everywhere and this also helps significantly reduce the noise generated by a cable rubbing against something

Cons:
When running in the gym, I run in a T-shirt with no over layer which means that there is nothing holding the Klingg towards my chest. As a result it does knock, ever so slightly against my breast bone. This is only a very minor thing though (as you can see from the 4 star rating) and I solve it by setting the Kilngg slightly off centre so that it is against my muscle instead.

Maha-Energy 230mAh 9.6v PP3 Size Low Discharge Rechargeable Battery
Maha-Energy 230mAh 9.6v PP3 Size Low Discharge Rechargeable Battery
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars True 9v Battery rather than an 8.3v gimmick, 10 Feb 2014
Over the past few years I've come to appreciate the advantages of better batteries. Ever experiences a torch who's beam visually diminishes after relatively little use from the brand new batteries you just put in? Then it gets gradually dimmer and before you know it nothing? Or even worse, you've not used it in a couple of months and you really need it but the battery has lost all of it's charge?
.......
Well, good quality batteries don't do think and this is one of them. I'm actually using it for a portable headphone amp and I'm getting more than the recommended time from the amp and not having any issues with it when in use.

Slimport to HDMI adapter - Connect your Google Nexus 4 phone to an HDMI TV, monitor, or projector (SP1002)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product with a single hicup., 17 Aug 2013
I've had the Slimport for a few weeks now and these are the conclusions I have come to:

It does the job well - I was able to connect my Nexus 4 directly to the two TV's in the house (Sony and Panasonic). There was a very slight lag between my Nexus display and the TV but only a few 10ths of a second so nothing to worry about.

I did have one problem though - with a high quality HDMI cable, I was only getting a picture but no sound. At first I thought the Slimport wasn't working correctly but then I tried a lower quality one (well I actually mean much cheaper one - there is an argument to say there isn't much difference in the quality between the bulk of HDMI leads) and as soon as I used the new HDMI lead both sound and picture worked fine. I know that the more expensive HDMI works so it may be a incompatibility issue between the two or something else, I'm not sure, but for a couple of quid for a new HDMI - I'm not too fussed.

No I have coupled the Nexus 4 and the Slimport with an Airstash - which circumvents the storage limitations on the Nexus 4 and effectively gives me unlimited storage. Now, if I ever travel with work, I have a portable set up that allows me to watch moveies/TV series of my choice. The only point worth noting is that is best to have a power supply handy as the Nexus is likely to go through it's battery a lot quicker.
All in all, a great product, well built and easy to use. It's light weight and doesn't cost the earth. Additionally, it may be worth noting that I am running Jelly Bean 4.3 stock on my Nexus - basically I'm saying it works on the most current version of android (as at the date of writing this review) with NO rooting required.

Cowon X9 Portable MP3 / MP4 Player Black
Cowon X9 Portable MP3 / MP4 Player Black
Price: 139.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats all other players I've ever owned, 16 Mar 2013
As the title would suggest - from my experience with a range of MP3 players, this is the best I've owned. I'll try and outline the reasons why this has been the best MP3 player for me and why it may not be for someone else - as objectively as I can of course

The Cowon X9 is branded as a Portable Media Player, however I only treat it as an MP3 player so my conclusions are based on this requirement of the player. My previous players (or players I have had experience of) have been iPod Nano, iPod touch (3 generations), Cowon X7, Cowon C2 and Cowon Z2.

The overall size of the player fits in the palm of the hand, it is a little wider than an iPod touch and about as tall. It does have more depth though, although to me this just makes it feel more solid and well made.

The screen is a resistive rather than capacitive, which basically means it's not as sensitive as a smartphone/ipod touch. On smaller players such as the Cowon C2 I find this a problem but given the larger screen of the X9 it doesn't make a difference.

Pro's of Cowon X9:

Battery Life is amazing - just lasts and last - I can use it for days and still have battery. Massive plus for me as iPods and Cowon Z2 required charging after a day or two.
Micro SD card slot allows me to expand the capacity by a further 64GB - Cowon only quote up to 32GB but I have a 64GB microXCSD card in mine and it works perfectly.
The DAC chip in the player makes it one of the best stand alone sounding players ever (this goes for all Cowon players)
It recognises extended M3U playlists which I can create on my PC.
It will add tracks to a favourites list on the fly
Has LOTS of EQ settings to adjust the sound to your liking
Has hard buttons for pause/play, Volume, and skip.

Things the X9 could be better:

For those people who like to/require a headphone amp, there is no Line Out so amping will only increase loudness and add it's own signature - unable to bypass the DAC of the unit.
Some people think the screen should be capacitive, however, that would use up more battery
Operating system is flash based and therefore you don't have the flexibility of adding lots of games and apps like you would with android or iOS. - again this helps preserve battery life.
The X9 uses a Cowon propitiatory connection to connect it to a PC or to charge it - would have been better to use a standard Micro USB as offers greater flexibility.
An option to add tracks to different playlists on the fly would always be a welcome option but currently doesn't exist.

Conclusion:

The X9 is a great player and definitely the best one I've owned. I would say that it is more for audiophiles who are just looking for a great MP3 player rather than an all round portable Media Player. To sum up I would say that the X9 doesn't do everything but what it does do it does very well. Very well indeed!
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 2:55 PM BST