Profile for Flisskat > Reviews

Flisskat

Primrose Solar Aerator / Oxygenator 2 stone
Primrose Solar Aerator / Oxygenator 2 stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 1 Jun 2013
Only works in direct sunlight but that is when it's needed. Produces a good stream of bubbles. I have nice, fat, healthy tadpoles!

Curry
Curry
by Vivek Singh
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best recipe book I've ever had, 5 April 2012
This review is from: Curry (Paperback)
I have this book and so does my mum, between us we have tried quite a few of the recipes and neither of us has ever been disappointed. Something here for every taste and every skill level in the kitchen. Some recipes are very quick and simple such as the Pakistani prawn curry which is my personal favourite so far. More complex recipes do require a bit more skill but are always clearly and simply explained - I recently tried the recipe for Malaysian red curry which is quite complicated, and it turned out perfectly first time.
Organising the recipes by region is a nice touch, the book covers the Indian sub-continent, SE Asia as well as 'outposts' such as Africa, the Carribean, Japan and Britain (excellent recipes for balti and rogan josh, haven't got round to the chicken tikka massala but I'm sure it will be excellent!)
The only group of people who probably won't like this book are the proprietors of Indian restaurants and takeways. I'm afraid I haven't been to either since owning this book as I can now make authentic dishes at home!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 1:13 PM BST