Profile for Ken croft > Reviews

Content by Ken croft

Ken croft

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
YONGNUO YN-560 II ELECTRONIC SPEEDLIGHT SPEEDLITE FLASH FLASHGUN With The Standard Hot Shoe for Nikon , Canon , Fuji , Olympus , Pentax , DSLR Digital Camera by eimo
Offered by douself
Price: 36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 May 2014
It does more than I expected. Excellent value. I must now see how it works with their own remote radio package.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LCP (PC)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LCP (PC)
Price: 69.99

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but not in the package expected, 27 May 2014
I am used to buying OEM software and I am used to how it is packed. This was packed differently to the extent that I did wonder if it was a fake. However it installed ok so who cares.

Aputure Timer Camera Remote Control Shutter Cable 1C for Canon EOS Rebel XT, XTi, XSi, XS, T1i, T2i, EOS 1000D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, Canon Powershot G10, G11, G12 Fully Compatible with Canon RS 60-E3, Inexpensive Intervalometer for Time Lapse
Offered by DeyardDirect
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works very well, 28 Oct 2013
I just received this item and I have tested it with my Canon 60D. It works as it should and seems to be a lightweight but well made item. Other reviewers have commented on the lack of an on/off switch, but since the instructions claim a battery life of up to 3 years, maybe a switch is not necessary.
So far I am very pleased with the item and with its packaging.

WD Elements 1TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0/2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0/2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 61.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 23 Oct 2013
I use this as a backup on one of my computers. It sits on a shelf and works when it is asked to.
The price was good and Western Digital drives have always worked for me. Highly recommended.

Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader
Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Ugly thing but I think it works., 23 Oct 2013
Oh what an ugly thing this is. The sliding covers provide no protection at all so it is just as well that the card reader sits on a shelf when not in use. It seems to work, but even though it plugs into a newly installed USB3 card on my computer I do get a message on the pc saying it would work faster if I plugged it into a USB3 port! Usually files transfer quite quickly but sometimes they do not, but I have not made serious measurements. One thing seems to be clear, that small files do not transfer mush quicker than with USB2, but larger video files do seem to transfer a lot quicker. I expected an amazing increase in transfer speed with USB3, and I must admit to being a bit disappointed. But maybe my Transcend USB3 card is the problem and not this reader. Bottom line, I still use it rather than USB2, and it was cheap enough.

Replacement 2 button key fob case for Peugeot 106 206 remote key fob
Replacement 2 button key fob case for Peugeot 106 206 remote key fob
Offered by xhyuk
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 23 Oct 2013
My original Peugeot 206 key fob is now 9 years old and although still working, the rubber "buttons" had worn out and dropped off. All I needed was a new top part of the fob so that is all I used. The amazing thing is that this fob is such an accurate clone of the original item, that the top half fitted perfectly onto the old genuine fob. I did not use most of what I bought, just the top cover, and this is the reason that I give only 4 stars. The main part of the fob is in the bin, and it would be more sensible if this company could supply just the top plastic part, because that is what wears out. But despite that, I am pleased with the purchase

Soldering iron replacement bit - 3.0mm for Antex XS25 (51 bit)
Soldering iron replacement bit - 3.0mm for Antex XS25 (51 bit)
Offered by Antex
Price: 4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Antex super service, 22 Mar 2013
I ordered 3 bits for my now rather old Antex soldering irons at a sensible price. I found that they arrived in time and fitted well. The way the fit is applied is now with an internal spring rather than the old external clip. This seems ok but I dont know how easy they will remove when they need replacing. Very happy at the moment and highly recommended.

Bipra 250GB 2.5 inch USB 2.0 FAT32 Portable External Hard Drive with One Touch Backup Software for Mac - Black
Price: 32.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap enough and does the job, 5 Feb 2013
I bought this to use as a backup drive for my old laptop and all it does is sit on a desk behind the laptop. My only niggle is that although it is powered by USB it does need two USB ports. Except for that I would have given it five stars. I would buy this again however when I recently wanted a 1 tb backup drive for another computer I bought a Western Digital USB3 drive which uses just one port, either USB 2 or USB3. Twice the price but more substantial and 4 times the capacity.

Braun Pulsonic 790 Clean and Charge Unit In Black
Braun Pulsonic 790 Clean and Charge Unit In Black
Offered by SussexSpares
Price: 47.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this really worth buying?, 6 Oct 2012
I bought a 7 series Braun shaver without the cleaning station as a way of reducing my losses if I didn't like the shaver. As I found the shaver satisfactory, I then bought this cleaning station. It makes all kinds of buzzing noises and lights flash and the shaver ends up smelling nice, but when I then remove the foil/cutter assembly there are always small pockets of accumulated grot inside which must shaving debris. This can easily be brushed away from the shaver, but not so easily from around the cutter assembly. It leaves me feeling that a good wash under a hot running tap, [as per the uinstructions with my version of the shaver], would maybe do just as good a job. Add that to the cost of the cleaning fluid cartridges and I do wonder if the cleaning station is worth paying for. Being wise after the event I would probably not have bought it if I had known what I know now. Wasn't life ever like that!

Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver
Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver
Price: 139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you hate electric shavers, give this one a go!!, 10 Aug 2012
The starting point for this review is that I dislike electric shavers. They make me very sore and although after using one I look like I have shaved, I certainly don't feel like I have. I get on ok with wet shaving but I dislike the wet and the mess. So every other day I have a wet shave, and the days in between I use a very old cheap Philishave and I hate it. I have a tough beard, for about 50 years I kept it as a big tough beardy wierdy. So now I am regularly using an electric shaver I thought I would look at the reviews and find a better one. The very expensive Braun 790 with its bells and whistles cleaning and charging station seemed to be hignly regarded and a friend has one, so why not give it a go. But at 200 for the cheapest I could find, this would be an expensive waste of time if this was just another rotten sore-making un-shaving shaver. I decided on the cheaper option, to buy the shaver in its 720 version without the cleaning station so I would only be about 125 out of pocket if it didn't work out, and if I got on with the shaver I would buy the cleaning station later. [All the 7 series shavers shave the same with the same "technology"].
It did work out. I have used it only 3 or 4 times, but the shave is comfortable, I am not at all sore, and it really is almost as close as a wet shave. Close enough anyway, after all why do I want a face like the bad end of a baby. Seriousy, I am particular about shaving, and this one makes me very happy. I have now ordered the cleaning station, which with the shaver, comes to less cost than I would have paid for the complete 790 package in one go.
I am now one happy shaving person. Why did it take me 72 years to find a decent one!!
If like me you hate electric shavers, you might just get on well with this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 7:55 PM BST