Profile for gameview > Reviews

Content by gameview

gameview "cam1al"

Page: 1 | 2
Sabrent USB 2.0 Video & Audio Capture DVD Maker [A/V-to-USB 2.0 Digital Video Adapter] (USB-AVCPT)

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 17 Jun. 2012
this product is terrible even for £5 its fake how can i/you tell the writing is meant to be bold on mine its not the usb interior is also meant to be white never going to trust products from amazon again

Lionel Messi hand signed football boot - Adidas F50
Lionel Messi hand signed football boot - Adidas F50

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 1 Dec. 2011
i know someone who bought these obviosly forged fake. i cant belive someone wold try and do this it's disgusting

Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier
Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife, 18 Sept. 2011
This multi-tool is one of my favorite multi-tools i have. Great to look at and very sharp and the the locking system is amazing no slack if you are thinking of buying a fairly cheap multi-tool this is the one for you

Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

5.0 out of 5 stars goodbye halo, 15 Sept. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
i have to say this is the best halo game unlike halo odst halo reach's firefight is fun and forge world is amazing and huge. all my freind and i agree that thiss is the definitive halo game.in the beta the maps were different such as sword base was clean and white and know its got bullet holes and burns everywere.its easy to snipe in reach though and no scope. over all this game is 1billion stars out of 5

Now Or Never
Now Or Never

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooh, haven't they grown!, 9 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Now Or Never (Audio CD)
After a long, long wait – well, I don’t know about anyone else, but it’s been a helluva long wait for me – the second album from Blazin’ Squad is here!
For those who don’t know much about the Squad, here’s a brief introduction: Blazin’ Squad are ten 17-year-old MCs from East London. There’s Kenzie, Strider, Krazy, Flava, Freek, Melo-D, Reepa, Rocky B (aka Platnum B), Spike-e and DJ Tommy B. Their debut single, Crossroads, went to number one last summer, and since then they’ve done well with several more singles, their first UK tour and an album, In the Beginning.
Blazin’ Squad are my personal favourite band ever, but they’re not very widely respected; most people think of them as a bunch of talentless kids. Hopefully this album will show off just what they can do...
1. Here 4 One
If I had to describe this track in 5 words they'd be: weird, random, absolutely pure genius. It starts of as a classical, melodic piano tune, but then it goes quite upbeat and garage-y. The weird bit is there's an opera verse in the middle - seriously! Blazin' and opera...well I never. The chorus is really catchy and it's got a great beat and brilliant MCing. I don't know how this would do if they were to release it as a single, but it is truly inspired! Exactly my cup of tea - a brilliant start to the album! 10/10.
2. Biggest Fan
This is a really poppy track – it’s about the boys seeing a really fit girl in the audience when they’re performing, so the ‘biggest fan’ idea is sort of reversed. It’s a good, catchy tune, upbeat and poppy, and Krazy’s singing has really improved since the first album. It’d probably appeal to younger girls. Not the best song on the album, but not bad either! 7/10.
3. Flip Reverse
The second single from the album – out now! This is the single which gained the group a bit more respect within the industry and a wider range of fans. To be honest I wasn’t that keen on it to start off with, but it really, really grows on you and I love it now. It’s more upbeat and urban than their previous singles - it’s got a great, dancey beat and a really catchy chorus. 9/10.
4. Ride
I wasn’t too keen on this one to start off with, but it’s another one that really grows on you. Melo-D’s MCing on it is so good! There’s a good beat and the chorus is great - it sounds a bit like something Blue would sing. 8/10.
5. Still Thinking About You
When Kenzie said on TV that there were going to be “a few ballads” on the album, I thought of their second single, Love on the Line, and despaired. But this song has really, really surprised me – it almost made my cry! It’s a pop ballad but it’s actually not that cheesy, and it’s soooo unbelievably sweet! I don’t think Blazin’ have many male fans, but the few they do probably won’t be too keen on this one! Definitely aimed at girls – it’s lovely! Bless them all! I hope they don’t release this as a single though, as they’ve gained a bit more respect since releasing Flip Reverse and I think they’d lose it if they released a ballad like this. 9/10.
6. No Angels
An amazing song! Melo-D said “No Angels could be the best thing we’ve ever done” and I agree. I think this really shows off their talents. I was actually quite shocked after hearing – it’s the best example of how much they’ve grown up since In the Beginning. It’s quite slow and their MCing on it is brilliant, especially Rocky’s verse. The chorus is really good too, and the backing track is gorgeous. Excellent! 10/10.
7. Stop
This is actually quite jazz-y to start off with. It’s a slow, laid-back tune about a girl, with really good vocals – sung, of course, by Krazy. The first few verses are all singing, it’s only towards the end that the MCing comes in. It’s a really nice song – not one of my favourites on the album, but it’s still good. 8/10.
8. Shorty
I love this one! It’s another of the more urban tracks on the album and one of the strongest – it’s upbeat, the MCing is really good and the chorus is brilliant. I was singing “shorrrrtyyyy” for about an hour after hearing this. 9/10.
9. Revolution
When I read the title of this song, I knew I’d never be able to listen to it without thinking of Children of the Revolution, which has been one of my favourite songs for years. And it turns out it’s a cover of it! How chuffed was I! I even jumped around and screamed! Sometimes covers can ruin a song, but not in this case – Blazin’ have truly made it their own. It’s fantastic! It’s the most rocky song on the album. The MCing is excellent with a great beat, and it’s backed up by that brilliant chorus. For me, this is one of the best covers they could possibly do, and they’ve done it oh so well. I take my hat off to them! 10/10.
10. Girls
No prizes for guessing what this song’s about. It was produced by JD from So Solid Crew, and it’s quite garagey. It’s got a good beat, and some great vocals on it. Strider and Melo-D sing on it – not just Krazy for once! – and they’re both really good. It goes more upbeat at the end and that bit’s great, but to me, nothing about it stands out in particular. I think it might take a while to get into this song. 7/10.
11. Baby It’s the Weekend
This one is quite poppy – not as poppy as We Just Be Dreamin’ or Biggest Fan, but still pop. There’s some great verses and the chorus is really strong, I love it – overall, a great song. 8/10.
12. All We Wanna Do Is Rap
This is another of the more garage-y tracks on the album. They performed this one on tour in May so it’ll be familiar to some of the fans. It takes a while to get into it as the backing track is pretty minimal. But the MCing is good and the chorus is brilliant. 9/10.
13. We Just Be Dreamin’
This is the first single from the album; it went to no. 3 in the summer. It’s just a nice, laid-back summer track. It’s really poppy and the chorus is catchy and there’s some good MCing on it – it’s another one that will appeal to younger girls. 7/10.
14. Keep On
“This one’s for all the peeps with ambition”, the intro says – this one’s about going for what you want. It’s another very urban track with a good beat, and the MCing is really good. It takes a few listens to get into though. 8/10.
15. Life’s A Struggle
To be honest, this song let me down a bit at first. From the title, I knew this would be about hard times and trouble and stuff, so I thought it’d be like Where the Story Ends, which was one of my favourite songs from the first album. But it’s got a really good chorus, and I like the way they MC on it – instead of doing a long verse each, they only do a few lines. It’s got a nice guitar part – it’d sound nice acoustically. Not one of my favourites, but it’s a good song, and I think I’ll learn to love it. 7.5/10.
What I like about Blazin’ Squad is that you always get a wide range of music with them. There’s a mix of pop, garage, hip-hop and r’n’b in here – there’s even a bit of rock and opera! You’d never get that much variety on a Busted or Blue album. I also like the fact that they cover quite a lot of different topics in their songs – ambitions, problems, what people think of them, etc - not every track is about getting it on with a girl.
They’ve come so far since their first album. They’re MCing is much better, so is their singing and the songs in general are stronger. I’ll always love In the Beginning, and it’s got 4 or 5 brilliant songs on it, but the quality of the music on Now or Never is generally higher and more constistant. Also there’s more songs, which is always good.
To be honest, I really can’t think of that many disadvantages. The only thing I’d say is that you don’t hear that much of some of the boys – at times it feels like they should be called “Krazy, Flava and Rocky and the other lot” instead of Blazin’ Squad! I suppose it’s whatever’s best for the song but it doesn’t seem that fair!
Give this a try; I think you’ll be surprised.

Love on the Line [CD 1]
Love on the Line [CD 1]
Offered by firefly-music-store

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant follow-up to "Crossroads", 10 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Love on the Line [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Though they're a new band, Blazin' Squad are probably one of the most popular groups in the UK at the moment. However, seeing as they've only been known for about 4/5 months, you'd be forgiven for not knowing who they are. So here is a brief history! Blazin' Squad are a group of 10 boys from Chingford and Highams Park in Essex. There are 9 MCs and 1 DJ, all aged 16 or 17. They've known each other for ages and formed the group about 3 years ago while they were at school. It's difficult to put their music into just one genre - it's partly garage, partly pop, partly r'n'b...there's a big mixture of influences. They've been dubbed So Solid Juniors, but they're totally different. Blazin' Squad don't rap about guns and violence at all as they haven't experienced any of that. They also don't swear in their lyrics, as many of their fans are really young. They released their first single, "Crossroads" in August. It shot to no1 and this follow up, "Love On The Line" looks set to do equally well. It's got a strong, really catchy chorus - it gets stuck in your heard for ages!! - and the MCing is really good. It's just as good but completely different to "Crossroads" - it's a lot more chilled out, definitely aimed more at girls and the chorus is less repetitive. I really recommend this, so even if you've never heard Blazin' Squad I'd give it a try!

Annie: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Annie: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 14 July 2001
This soundtrack is great! If you liked the movie you'll love it. All the cast sound brilliant on it. It's taken from the 1999 Disney movie, so there are some songs that weren't on the 1982 movie soundtrack (such as NYC and Something Was Missing) but there are some missing too (such as Dumb Dog and Let's Go To The Movies). Overall, I'd say I prefer it to the 1982 movie soundtrack though, as it's performed better. This is a great soundtrack, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the movie!

The Princess Diaries
The Princess Diaries
by Meg Cabot

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book!, 4 July 2001
This review is from: The Princess Diaries (Paperback)
This is a great book! It's about Mia Thermopolis, a normal, American, 14-year-old girl, who's main worry in life is the fact no one's ever asked her out and her mum is dating her algebra teacher. That is, until her dad tells her she's actually the Princess of Genovia! This causes lots of problems - she has to have a bodyguard with her, she loses her best friend, and she has to take "princess lessons" with her grandmother, who she loathes! The book is written in the form of Mia's journal, which also includes lists of things to do and algebra notes. This is a great book and I can't wait to get the sequel!

Family Fan Club
Family Fan Club
by Jean Ure

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 4 July 2001
This review is from: Family Fan Club (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book. It's like it says on the cover - a "Little Women" for today! It stars four sisters. There's Laurel (who is the equivalent of Little Women's Meg) Jazz (Jo) Daisy (Beth) and Rose (Amy). Laurel's the oldest, the one who's obsessed with fashion. Then there's Jazz, the heroine of the story, who wants to be an actress. Daisy, the little, innocent one who everyone loves. And the youngest is Rose - and she's the one part of the book I don't like. In Little Women, the youngest sister, Amy, was slightly stuck-up and self-absorbed, but a loveable character really. She might have burnt her sister's most cherished item, but she was sorry, and if you saw it from her point of view you could feel sorry for her too. Rose is nothing like that. She's clever, annoying and thinks she's better than everyone else. She ruins everything, but you don't feel any sympathy to her in the way she acts. I didn't like her, and I felt I was supposed to. I think it's important to like all the main characters. But apart from that, it's a great book! The story is similar to that of Little Women, but not identical. The girls' mother is an actress, and is finding it hard to find work. She's split up from her husband, also an actor, who Jazz and co. don't see very often. The book is basically about the girls' attempts to get their parents back together. It's not Jean Ure's best, and it's not as good as Little Women, but it's very good and definitely worth a read.

Annie [VHS]
Annie [VHS]
VHS
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and very different from the earlier version., 8 May 2001
This review is from: Annie [VHS] (VHS Tape)
When I bought this video I was expecting a replica of the 1981 Annie film, only different cast. Instead I found it's completely different! It's got some great new songs, but it's missing some great old ones, and they're all in a very different order. It's a lot shorter and the ending is completely different and not as exciting. Some old characters are missing too (Punjab, for example) and you don't find out which orphan is which! I think some members of the new cast are better than the old one, and others aren't. Alicia Morton (Annie) and the other orphans are very good singers, and it's very well acted by everyone. I don't think this film is quite as good as the old one, but it's still brilliant and I'd definitely buy it!

Page: 1 | 2