Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by JL Global SGP

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 7 April 2013
Works great in my Huawei Ascend P1 smartphone; no problems at all in terms of functionality and arrived fast. Would definitely recommend

Black Sikai Soft Silicone Case for Huawei Ascend P1 (U9200) - Anti-Scratch Back Rubber Phone Cover Skin + 2 Screen Protectors
Offered by Membrane Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but sticks to pocket, 7 April 2013
Good all-round product. Arrived very quickly and does protect my Huawei phone well (even from dropping it a few times), but the rubber material makes it hard to put in and take out of my pocket... Would recommend if you carry your phone in a jacket or bag.

AOC E2795VH 27 inch LED Monitor (Widescreen, 1920x1080, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB)
AOC E2795VH 27 inch LED Monitor (Widescreen, 1920x1080, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the money, 3 Jun. 2012
I use a MacBook 7,1 (mid-2010), and bought this monitor together with a Neet MiniDisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I'm very pleased with my setup; I get sound through the HDMI cable straight to the monitor's speakers, the screen is huge (!) and the image is surprisingly clear considering the resolution:size ratio (i.e. as far as I'm concerned, it's a perfectly clear image, although a professional graphic designer looking for a 27" monitor might want something with a slightly higher resolution). Love it to bits!

Pros:

- Huge screen! Totally love having all the extra desktop space, and watching movies/playing games has never looked better!
- Great response time; any lag while gaming is down to my computer hardware, as the screen itself handles anything I throw at it.
- USB ports are a LIFE SAVER! Cannot stress how great it is having the in-built hub; 4 USB 2.0 full-speed ports make life SO much easier, and they accept any device I plug in (i.e. they're powered ports, so bus-powered hard drives are fine)!
- Totally plug-and-play on Mac and Windows and is perfectly ready to go as soon as you connect the cables; just ignore the included driver CD as all the software on it is pointless.
- Pretty decent price considering what you're getting for the money.

Cons:

- Speakers aren't amazing; I mean, any monitor's in-built speakers aren't going to compare to a proper sound system, and these ones are fine for everyday use. But they sound a bit tinny when listening to music; iTunes' equaliser needs a bit of tinkering to get the best sound, for example.
- Configuration (not that you really need it as it looks fine when you plug it in, but just in case you ever want to tinker) is a little fiddly/complicated using the buttons on the bottom of the screen, but you get used to it in the end.
- Slight bug (possibly software?) in that when the display goes to sleep, it doesn't seem to want to reconnect to my laptop until I turn it off and on again with the standby button. I don't know whether this is the screen, the Neet HDMI adapter, or my laptop, but it's only a tiny problem.
- Tried installing the included monitor software in Windows (Boot Camp), and was rather disappointed; it's totally unnecessary as the screen works perfectly without it, and it's really just a waste of disk space.

Some reviews I've seen mention the lack of adjustment on the stand; to be honest, it tilts up and down, and that's really all I need, so no complaints there! Overall I'm very pleased with this monitor; it's very good value for money considering the screen size, it works great straight out of the box, and it saves me having to buy a separate USB hub. I'm not bothered at all about whether it's a TN or MVA panel or whatever; it's a big screen with loads of extras at a good price. Highly recommended!

Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F
Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of equipment to have in laptop bag, 9 Nov. 2011
Nice little gadget that does exactly what it says on the tin! I have a MacBook with a single audio in/out port, and this works great for splitting it back into two separate ones. My only qualm is that the microphone socket only accepts a mono signal... But that's absolutely fine for general microphone use (as long as it's a line level or dynamic microphone); I guess it'd be tricky to wire up a stereo socket anyway! I highly recommend this adapter.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2013 1:12 PM BST