Profile for Metalheadkicks > Reviews

Popping Corn 3kg
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online
Price: 7.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Variable sizes, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Popping Corn 3kg (Misc.)
Me and my family are pocorn lovers and so I have always had a stock of kernels at home. This was the first time I purchased it online as I always check the quality of the kernels before purchasing.

This is good fresh corn however the sizes vary and that means some of em are baby corn which will lead to hard parts to chew after/if they do pop. The corn I got from elsewhere are more consistent in size and slightly bigger in size as well compared with this one.

Poetic Slimbook Case for Dell Latitude 10 ST2 Window 8 Pro Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: 24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, 7 Nov 2013
At first I didn't like it because it does not cover the screen and I was expecting something else when I purchased it as the seller had not updated the listing like it is now when I purchased it.
But the quality of the cover is very very good, cannot stress it any further. Bit heavy though mind you.

Now that I own the docking station, this case is very useful cos there aren't many cases out there which are compatible with the Dell docking station. Sometimes it forms a loose connection on the Dock and video may not be displayed via a the HDMI. Slightly putting pressure on the top will make it fit properly.

All you need is a good quality screen protector. I got a proper one.

Disregard the negative comments as this case fits perfectly for Dell Latitude 10 ST2 with standard size battery.

DELL LATITUDE 10 PRODUCTIVITY DOCK WITH POWER CORD
DELL LATITUDE 10 PRODUCTIVITY DOCK WITH POWER CORD
Offered by Silicon Connect Ltd
Price: 47.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Docking station but missing a VGA connection, 7 Nov 2013
This is a very good quality made docking station for Latitude 10 ST2.
I needed this docking station since when I am not using my tablet for portability, I use it as my Itunes music player, occasional torrent down loader, basically a media centre PC. Allow me to explain.

I had a HP micro server that worked as itunes music player as well as HTPC and occasional file server. I had Galaxy Note 10.1 as my digital photo album and my only tablet. I sold all of these and got the Dell Latitude tablet that is a proper tablet and once you get the hang of Windows 8, you would absolutely love it.

This docking station completes my set-up as a Music player, Media PC. I have a home theatre system and only use HDMI to connect this dock, PS3, etc. I was doubtful first but you actually get Full HD and 7.1 Surround sound from the HDMI connection, which is by the way not the feature of this dock but it has its added advantages.

I don't have to have the Telly on to listen music from this dock either. You can use the Home theatre speakers as 7.1 DTS sound is possible via the HDMI with the Telly off. Combine this with a USB stub for wireless keyboard and mouse and you are set. I use the Felian PC-TV 2.4G remote which is absolutely brilliant as its a Universal remote + keyboard + mouse in one.
This is the only reason why I got the dock as it looks sweet sitting on the shelf and also works out as dock for the Tablet - D-Uh!

Worth noting:

1. The Gigabit Ethernet connection is actually GigE over USB so the speed will be restricted to USB speeds.

2. There is no VGA port and they call it a docking station. I don't know of many LCD monitors that have HDMI connector on them and VGA is still so popular. This has not been a problem for me but maybe for some people.

3. No separate drivers are needed or are available for this docking station. I think it works as a USB Hub.

4. Sometimes the Video drivers give some problems (hence the need for me to search for drivers). This is an OS/Tablet issue and not the docking station.

5. Extra PSU is included so you can leave it plugged in forever. (I switch off the main extension lead to switch all devices off)

Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Philex 5m HDMI to HDMI Cable
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 2.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance, 6 Nov 2012
Although the physical quality of the cable looks okay, it has failed to perform as needed

I hooked it up to my Alienware Laptop and although I got display, it kept going blank after every few minutes. At first I thought it was driver issue with Ati XFire card or the 7.1 channel sound output, but it was not the case at all. As soon as plugged other HDMI cables (1.8 meter cheap ones and 8meter Polaroid bought for 10 quid) the problem went away. I used the cable to connect PS3 to TV and the problem was still there.

Basically now I understand the performance of a HDMI cable based on quality - if it works, it works fine; else there is no picture at all. There is nothing intermediate.

Better to be avoided. Maybe it works for some people cos its doing 1080i and no audio. When you put 1080p + 7.1 audio, this cable fails to deliver.

Belkin RJ45 Modular Crimp Tool
Belkin RJ45 Modular Crimp Tool
Offered by BESTBUYIT
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Genuine Belkin Product, 16 Sep 2010
This is not a Genuine Belkin product as I found out after purchasing it since it does not come in any packaging nor does it say anywhere on the tool itself. When I searched the internet, it sells for less than 4 quid and goes by the name "Crimper for RJ10 RJ11 RJ12 Modular Ends".

Although the quality of the product is fine (mine looks like its been used) selling it under a brand name for higher price is immoral.

Sony MHCEC79I.CEK Mini System with Direct iPod Dock
Sony MHCEC79I.CEK Mini System with Direct iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Sound as expected from a SONY, 15 Nov 2009
OK, I am not a hardcore Sony fan. I have bought quite a few ipod docks over the past years and all of them equally good - Loud!
REcently I bought Logic-3 Jivebox Ipod dock, which is a cube made of each side equal to a small notebook. Its too small and the sound it produces is praiseworthy. But the volume was not high enough for me, although BASS was sufficiently high.

I came accross the Sony Mini HIFI in a retail shop and brought it home to check it out. It cost me exactly howmuch I paid for Jivebox. I would say the sound output is splendid! Good Bass, good overall volume. Can connect to a computer/Laptop/Mp3 player with a stereo 3.5" cable.

Only drawback is that it is huge in size, unnecassarily. There are no backlit in any of the buttons. The small LCD is sufficient enough.

Aztech Skype DECT phone from Solwise
Aztech Skype DECT phone from Solwise

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Skype phone with not good range, 6 Feb 2009
I bought this handset after a lot of research on the net for a good skype phone. when I bought it in Aug 2008 there were hardly any in the market, my eyes were always on the Philips Skype phone but it was removed from the market and it was priced twice as this one.

The day I got it(within 4 days) the handset was dead(well actually the base station was dead and not charging) So I returned it and they sent me another one. This one worked like charm. I took it to India to install it in my Mum's home on a bsnl 512kb -2mbps ADSL connection router and it came to life almost instantly.

Pros:
The batteries are normal AAA rechargeable ones that can be replaced anytime.Call quality is good. Works well. Does the job.The screen quality is ok(but who cares).The buttons light up beautifully although the overall unit looks of cheap material(...not that cheap though much better than any of the BT handsets..lol)

Cons: There has never been an update for the software(there is an option of looking for update within the handset). And currently it uses 2007 version). When your on a skype call and if you recieve a normal call you will here a kind of hissing sound(quite annoying). This is a very delicate handset and sometimes it will not connect to skype at all. Majority of the time(once in 7 days) it will stay connected but when you make a call one of the parties cannot hear eachother.Solution for this is to switch off everything and leave it for 5 minutes, once switched back on everything works. I cannot suggest this handset if you chat a LOT(like 5 hours a day...dont panic, some people do)Thats it.
The range of the handset is not so good either.

I strongly advice not to keep it connected to the landline connection and just use it as the skype phone(connected to the network RJ-45 cable) to remove the hissing sound. Like I said it will last when used sparingly.

Overall its a Good product for mild user.

PS: The hissing sound is because the normal landline(RJ-11) has a low power supply inorder to make the old phones with basic light buttons to work. Modern phones require more than that so they come with batteries or their own power supply. All modern landline, cordless phones deploy a filter to tune out the unneccassary voltage or either make use of it. The hissing sound in this handset is due to leakage of extra power in the base station, which will eventually cause damage to the circuitry in the long run(like when there is a thunderstorm, flea current passes through the copper telephone lines.)

Fossil ES9860 Ladies Stainless Steel Link Bracelet Watch with Pink Analog Dial
Fossil ES9860 Ladies Stainless Steel Link Bracelet Watch with Pink Analog Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars respectable ladies gift item, 30 Aug 2008
I bought this watch to gift it to my sister in law. Its a good branded watch which comes with its own FOSSIL gift box

The material of the watch is rich. ITs good. I recommend it.