Profile for Sj Chadwick > Reviews

Content by Sj Chadwick

Sj Chadwick "stevechad1" (uk)

The Seldom Seen Kid
The Seldom Seen Kid
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Tribute, 8 Oct. 2008
This review is from: The Seldom Seen Kid (Audio CD)
Being a fan of Elbow for many years now I feel the need to write this having being privileged to see them in concert at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on October 6th. Considering the concert had sold out before the Mercury Music Awards winners were announced Guy Garvey admitted he knew he was "Amongst Friends" and indeed he was. The set was immaculate ,inspiring , melodic , awe inspiring. The audience were singing along with every word with tears in their eyes sometimes just nodding their heads in gentle reflection that this was as good as it gets. Elbow are our mates, our friends, absolutely unassuming considering their recent successes . We felt part of an intimate experience. Guy said after each song " Are you all alright?" We were . When a lady fainted near the stage , how many bands would stop playing to ask her name , to check she was okay ? I felt exhilerated at the end after an encore of Newborn and Scattered Black and Whites that left the crowd perfectly satisfied . We shared their first night nerves and look forward to the next chance to share some time with our band, our mate, Guy. Never lose what you have got, its what makes you so special.
See you soon.

White Bread, Black Beer
White Bread, Black Beer
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly good, 3 Jun. 2006
This review is from: White Bread, Black Beer (Audio CD)
Scritti Politti were the soundtrack of my adolesence , Cupid Psyche and Provision are perfect pop albums I still return to and still sound as fresh as ever. I didn't enjoy Anomie and Bonhomie but have bought this on the strengths of the former . This is almost a return to form , Boom Boom Bap is a mellow melodic start and then it starts to drift . Until suddenly Road to no Regret and in particular Locked appear and leave me wanting more ,when it's this great it's triumphant in terms of arrangement, and melody . I am going to persevere with the rest of the album as it deserves this and any fans should do the same . Hope it is not another seven years Green !!