Profile for Up The Mariners > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does pong a bit, 16 May 2014
First the positives :-

It is a proper king size apart from a couple of inches on the length which if you leave that under you pillows it's OK. A previous king that I had purchased from a shopping channel wasn't the full width of a king.

It is nice and deep, the full 3 inches and is comfortable to lay on.

The negatives :-

There is definately a smell that has lingered for a few weeks now and is quite pungent and leaves your night clothes smelling but it is going off a bit now after a month or so. (a previous memory foam topper for another supplier also smelt but not quite as bad as this one.

It isn't a really dense memory foam but for the price I cannot complain and as I mentioned it is comfortable, even ones not as deep from a shop that stretches the pound in your pocket costs twice as much.

Overall I am pleased with the purchase, just a shame about the smell. Others have commented that theirs didn't smell and some have commented that it was stained, mine wasn't stained in any way so I am wondering if it is the luck of the draw which one you get.

TomTom Start 60M 6" Sat Nav with UK & Ireland Maps & Lifetime Map Updates (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Discount +

3.0 out of 5 stars Good job it didn't cost me much, 29 Dec 2013
First the good points, screen and contrast is very good, it also shows virtually all the info you need on the screen at the bottom, such as current time, miles to go, estimated arrival time etc, much more than the previous Garmin I tried.

The night screen I chose is also better than my previous TomTom One as it is mostly black and therefore not as bright.

It shows fixed speed cameras as well as mobile spots as well.

I would also add that it does show favourites unlike a previous reviewer mentioned.

Now the bad or should I say poor points, the voice is nowhere near as clear or loud as my previous TomTom, I have to have it at 100% and it is very tinny. I haven't really tried it going to somewhere where I haven't been so not sure how accurate it will be but just leaving the Town where I live, to go south you leave the M62 and join the M18 the 60M tells you this but once on the M18 it says continue on the M62 for 4 miles, no dear we are on the M18.

On trying a short cut through Grimsby Docks it tried to send me over a bridge that apparently has been closed for donkeys years.

The lane guidance could do with coming up a bit earlier, although a previous reviewer mentioned that it is only at major motorway intersections, well my previous Garmin was no better in that respect.

Not sure why they give you so many voice options as only one will speak out street names so no point in using any other voice.

I haven't tried connecting it to my computer yet so may be fun and games when I try that.

As my title says, using a major store's free vouchers and doubling them up it only cost me £10 so on that basis I will put up with its foibles.

Energy Sistem® TV Portable Multimedia EnergyTM LED TV3190 HDTV Black (HD, MKV, LED, PVR, 9")

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, 4 Mar 2013
I use several small monitors like this when I am out and about videoing football matches and I have to say this is by far and away the best picture I have come across. I don't usually use it for watching tv programmes but I did tune in using the main house ariel and the tuning and the picture was great.

I haven't used it with a portable ariel yet or used the USB record that is why I am only giving it 4 stars but as a monitor for videoing, great picture and great price.

Philip s Navigator Britain (Mainland Atlas with route planner maps and local maps) (Mainland Atlases)
by Philip's
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good..., 4 Mar 2013
A few weeks ago as we were clearing out the office of someone who had just retired we came across quite a few atlases one being an old version of Philip's Navigator. As someone who loves his atlases it didn't take me long to decide this was by far and away the best UK road atlas I had ever seen. Not sure when it was printed but the M60 around Manchester hadn't been completed.

It was big but had detailed mapping and was very clear. So I thought I would upgrade to a new one. What a disappointment. I don't know which muppet decided to change the colouring on it but the old one was very clear with grey for built up areas, clear bright yellow for the roads, this new one has a green colour for the built up areas as well as green for the wooded and forest areas and to be honest they all blend into each other. Also some of the minor roads on the old one aren't included on this new one. It is also now spiral bound which in my opinion, constant use will soon see the pages tearing.

Although I do use a satnav when driving I always like a map copy of where I am going and to be honest I will still use the old map book as it is by far and away clearer than this new version.

To be honest, I wish I hadn't bothered.

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System (PC)
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it., 4 Mar 2013
My 12 year old son loves using this with his Flight Simulator software, he spends most of his waking time on it.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Sons love it, 4 Mar 2013
My sons played it all the time till the next "best thing" game came along. Worked great on the PS3.

Flight Simulator X - Gold Edition (PC)
Flight Simulator X - Gold Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 4 Mar 2013
Nothing else to say, my 12 year old son is on it all the time and hogs the computer and no one else has a chance to use it.

DIGIFLEX 3 Port AV Audio RCA Phono Selector Switch Connect Xbox, PS2, DVD
DIGIFLEX 3 Port AV Audio RCA Phono Selector Switch Connect Xbox, PS2, DVD
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 9 Dec 2011
Exactly as described and arrived with the speed of light, very impressed and highly recommended. No crosstalk on mine.

For the price I can't beat it.

TomTom XL 2 IQ 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps
TomTom XL 2 IQ 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps

2.0 out of 5 stars Sending it back............, 7 Mar 2011
I purchased this to update the TomTom One I currently have. Although it has better facilities the two main gripes for me are that firstly I much prefer the 2D screen and the fact that you cannot have it facing upwards whichever way you are travelling is my main reason for returning, also the details such as speed distance etc. are now shown on a pale blue background as opposed to the dark blue on my TomTom One so are not as clear.

Private Investigations [The Best of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler]
Private Investigations [The Best of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 15 Nov 2010
Had most of these on LP so had been thinking for sometime to get the tracks on CD. I do believe this album may have been re-released as one I saw didn't have the extended version of Money For Nothing.

Loved listening to them again.

Page: 1 | 2