Profile for oorya > Reviews

Content by oorya

oorya "Back of Beyond" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Classic Stax
Classic Stax

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 31 May 2016
This review is from: Classic Stax (Audio CD)
I only bought this for one track (Booker T & the MGs - Time is Tight) from a well know supermarket so didn't hear the tracks first and it sounds nothing like the original. So as I don't know many of the of songs on this CD I have no idea how many other tracks are non originals
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 11:45 AM BST

Kensington Orbit Optical Wired USB Trackball Mouse for PC and Mac - Silver/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Sept. 2015
I actually prefer these to a normal mouse for day to day working on my PC.

Archos AV700 Replacement Battery
Archos AV700 Replacement Battery

Works fine.

Replacement Battery Archos Gmini 500, Gmini 530, Gmini 560, AV500, AV510, AV530, AV560, AV580, AV510

Works fine.

High Grade - TV Lead for Sony DCR-HC51E MiniDV Handycam Camcorder - AV / AUDIO VIDEO Connecting Cable - Length: 1.5m - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but was a bit stiff to put into ..., 30 Sept. 2015
It works but was a bit stiff to put into the camcorder socket and since using it the one that came with the camcorder now has a dodgy audio connection so not sure if this one is to blame and has messed up the input socket.

Dayan GuHong 3x3x3 Speed Cube 6-Color Stickerless Magic Cube
Dayan GuHong 3x3x3 Speed Cube 6-Color Stickerless Magic Cube
Offered by Physn

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Sept. 2015
My son seems happy with it.

kenable Balanced XLR Female to Twin XLR 3 Pin XLR Plugs Splitter Cable 1.5m
kenable Balanced XLR Female to Twin XLR 3 Pin XLR Plugs Splitter Cable 1.5m
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 30 Sept. 2015
Does exactly what it says on the tin (if it came in a tin that is), I wanted to split a microphone with one XLR plug to go into a camcorder with two inputs and it does exactly that. Only used it once but worked fine so here's hoping it continues to work as well as it does now. Much cheaper that M***ins.

3" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper
3" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper

4.0 out of 5 stars yes there is a smell but it soon goes and is really amazing value compared to ones you can spend double the ..., 22 May 2015
For the price you can't really go wrong, yes there is a smell but it soon goes and is really amazing value compared to ones you can spend double the amount or more from the cheap shops around town.

I will be buying another.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does pong a bit, 16 May 2014
First the positives :-

It is a proper king size apart from a couple of inches on the length which if you leave that under you pillows it's OK. A previous king that I had purchased from a shopping channel wasn't the full width of a king.

It is nice and deep, the full 3 inches and is comfortable to lay on.

The negatives :-

There is definately a smell that has lingered for a few weeks now and is quite pungent and leaves your night clothes smelling but it is going off a bit now after a month or so. (a previous memory foam topper for another supplier also smelt but not quite as bad as this one.

It isn't a really dense memory foam but for the price I cannot complain and as I mentioned it is comfortable, even ones not as deep from a shop that stretches the pound in your pocket costs twice as much.

Overall I am pleased with the purchase, just a shame about the smell. Others have commented that theirs didn't smell and some have commented that it was stained, mine wasn't stained in any way so I am wondering if it is the luck of the draw which one you get.

TomTom Start 60M 6" Sat Nav with UK & Ireland Maps & Lifetime Map Updates
TomTom Start 60M 6" Sat Nav with UK & Ireland Maps & Lifetime Map Updates

3.0 out of 5 stars Good job it didn't cost me much, 29 Dec. 2013
First the good points, screen and contrast is very good, it also shows virtually all the info you need on the screen at the bottom, such as current time, miles to go, estimated arrival time etc, much more than the previous Garmin I tried.

The night screen I chose is also better than my previous TomTom One as it is mostly black and therefore not as bright.

It shows fixed speed cameras as well as mobile spots as well.

I would also add that it does show favourites unlike a previous reviewer mentioned.

Now the bad or should I say poor points, the voice is nowhere near as clear or loud as my previous TomTom, I have to have it at 100% and it is very tinny. I haven't really tried it going to somewhere where I haven't been so not sure how accurate it will be but just leaving the Town where I live, to go south you leave the M62 and join the M18 the 60M tells you this but once on the M18 it says continue on the M62 for 4 miles, no dear we are on the M18.

On trying a short cut through Grimsby Docks it tried to send me over a bridge that apparently has been closed for donkeys years.

The lane guidance could do with coming up a bit earlier, although a previous reviewer mentioned that it is only at major motorway intersections, well my previous Garmin was no better in that respect.

Not sure why they give you so many voice options as only one will speak out street names so no point in using any other voice.

I haven't tried connecting it to my computer yet so may be fun and games when I try that.

As my title says, using a major store's free vouchers and doubling them up it only cost me £10 so on that basis I will put up with its foibles.

Page: 1 | 2