Profile for MARTIN CLAYTON > Reviews

Content by MARTIN CLAYTON

MARTIN CLAYTON "cruedo" (Summer Wine Country, West Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Finally Free: An Autobiography
Finally Free: An Autobiography
Price: 13.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and forthright, 18 Mar 2013
I enjoyed this and admire how Vick has rehabilitated himself with support and understanding from interesting areas. Whilst I am always sceptical of people who claim to have been taken by the Lord, Vick comes across as totally credible and I consider myself a fan.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 8:26 PM GMT

Safe House
Safe House
Price: 3.29

4.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN!, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
I understand the reviewer who mentioned the clumsy writing but agree with everyone - this is a cracking read... for 20p!!! I really like the lead character and the setting in the Isle of Man. I hope Mr Ewan keeps writing.

Land's End to John O'Groats: The ride that started it all
Land's End to John O'Groats: The ride that started it all
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this and definitely plan to do LEJOG myself. Inspirational and amusing. Well done! Now I'll read 'Stripped Bare.'

Kana de Manga (Manga University Presents) (Kanji de Manga)
Kana de Manga (Manga University Presents) (Kanji de Manga)
Price: 4.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Subarashii, 10 Dec 2012
I've been learning Japanese for 16yrs and am now teaching it! This is the most fun book that I've come across to teach kana.

Headhunters
Headhunters
by Jo Nesbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs Hooley?, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Headhunters (Paperback)
Don't get me wrong, I love Harry, but while we're waiting for Don to translate the first two books and Indridason to find Erlendur in the East Fjords, why not try 'Headhunters?'

Superb storyline as usual Jo. Great confusion twist at the end, where the reader thinks, 'Hang on a minute... there are holes in this plot!' Jo came through with a nice turn of events that he must have thought up at 3am. Loved the characters.

Well done!

Driving with the Devil: Southern Moonshine, Detroit Wheels, and the Birth of NASCAR
by Neal Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG BILL'S BIG STORY A SHAM?, 1 May 2007
This book had me hooked from the opening pages. So much more than a book about the origins of a sport, this is the story of many peoples lives (Red Vogt, Bill France, Raymond Parks, Red Byron, Lloyd Seay, Roy Hall and others) and how they intertwined. The backdrop is the Southern inferiority complex and identity of a region who like to thumb their nose at Yankee rules. As an English NASCAR fanatic I lapped it all up but I am sure that anybody with an interest in motor sport, and/or US history will love this. The fascinating story of how Bill France more or less stole the sport right from under the noses of all the founders and made it a dictatorship, and then went on to kick all of the whiskey bootleggers out and write a different history for future consumption is just amazing. Then the irony of him spending his final days riddled with Alzheimers telephoning all of the old cronies to talk about cars and racing is touching. I am now going on to read his book about Alan Shephard - and I don't have any interest in spaceflight!

BRILLIANT!!!

Over the Edge (Detective Inspector Charlie Priest Mystery)
Over the Edge (Detective Inspector Charlie Priest Mystery)
by Stuart Pawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking entertainment!, 17 Nov 2004
A much underrated author, Pawson has created a lovable character in Charlie Priest, who lives an exciting life, whilst maintaining a very normal personality.
As usual this book contains lots of humour which balances with the violent crimes, and makes for a wonderful read.
Cannot recommend highly enough.

Here Come the Brides
Here Come the Brides
Price: 6.76

5.0 out of 5 stars DEATH to boybands / pop idol / etc., 10 Mar 2004
This review is from: Here Come the Brides (Audio CD)
If you are totally fed up with the bubblegum bands that the pop industry keep churning out, then this is the perfect antidote.
This is REAL music. HONEST music.
Nikki Sixx joining forces with Tracii Guns is exciting enough, but this cd delivers !!!!
Not a bad moment in 9 tracks.
I just hope they have time to come to UK to put on a show.

Britney
Britney

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying for the Re-mixes alone, 1 Aug 2002
This review is from: Britney (Audio CD)
If you've not yet purchased the cd, buy this version, for the extras obviously. If you have, and like it, this is worth buying. The three re-mixes are superb !
I think they mave been previously available on the cd single for "I love Rock n Roll".
"...not yet a woman" has a fantastic Spanish uptempo dance beat to it.
Anyone who knows of similarly good remixed Britney - let me know!!

River (OLD VERSION)
River (OLD VERSION)
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars IZ is a GENIUS !!!, 23 May 2001
This review is from: River (OLD VERSION) (Audio CD)
I don't know if it's the hot weather, but driving along with this cd on LOUD is just as good as it gets. The first 7 tracks are as raw as Izzy gets. Despite his obvious wealth he manages to retain a cutting edge feel to his melody and lyric that I can only compare to Tom Petty. Tracks 8 & 9 are way cooooool reggae, and track ten is jump back to Guns N Roses. Can't recommend this highly enough. I'm about to order Ride On - the Japanese only cd he released in '99.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3