Profile for Nigel Frayling-Kelly > Reviews

Content by Nigel Frayling...

Nigel Frayling-Kelly

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Description misleading... not 3/4 length, 14 Jun 2014
The shorts are fine but they're nowhere near 3/4 length being (in XL size) around the bottom of my kneecap (I'm 6'0" tall). That's not what I wanted but they're okay. The liner shorts were already torn around the waistband when they arrived but I didn't buy them for the liner - and won't wear the liner anyway - so it wasn't worth returning them. The shorts would have got four stars if the description was correct and they'd not bothered with the low quality liner shorts.

Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Milano Sandals Black 45 EU
Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Milano Sandals Black 45 EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 14 Jun 2014
I read the Birkenstock site to ensure an appropriate order. I've been a size 11 for 25 years and, while they didn't have a size 11 in stock, they did have a Euro size 45 which, according to the Birkenstock site, is a direct swap for a UK 11. It also says on their site "Birkenstocks are designed to be roomy" so i thought I'd be fine. I tried them on around the house and they felt like new shoes: not comfy, not overly sore, but I trusted the Birkenstock website. Unfortunately, I wore them outside for a couple of hours and realised that they're just too small with 2 of my toes on each foot rubbing against the forward rim when walking. Horrible. And now I can't return them. That's the best part of £50 down the drain. Buy big or don't buy at all. And don't trust the manufacturer's recommendations.