Profile for dinga111 > Reviews

dinga111

Super Collider
Super Collider

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Album, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Super Collider (Audio CD)
This album has truly blown me away. I haven't listened to anything else over the last two weeks.

I haven't been so excited by an album in the last few years. It actually reminds me of why I got into metal in the first place... It has energy, pounding rhythms, interesting lyrical topics and some awesome melodies. It's a shame that so many modern metal fans seem to be so against a song having an actual catchy melody. I don't see this as a weekness of Dave Mustaine, but an incredible strength that sets him apart from most of his peers.

Every song is a highlight (although I'm still getting used to the more radio friendly title track)but standouts for me include Kingmaker, Dance in the Rain, Forget to Remember, Don't turn your Back and the bonus track A House Divided.

This is an exciting album from Megadeth and helps me to remember the kind of joy I felt listening to metal albums when I first got into metal over 25 years ago. I've caught myself smiling so many times when something on this album has really connected with me. It's that kind of special album.

Well done Dave Mustaine and Megadeth. History will record this album as another classic!

Iced Earth: Live In Ancient Kourion [DVD] [2013]
Iced Earth: Live In Ancient Kourion [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Iced Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best music DVDs I've ever seen!, 15 May 2013
This DVD is astounding and Iced Earth have created a masterpiece!
Stu Block (the new singer) is in awe inspiring form and this is a real highlight of the show. He is backed by one hell of an incredibly tight band, with an awesome sound. The 5.1 mix sounds really good to me.
This DVD showcases the fact that Iced Earth have an amazing back catalogue of songs, and they manage to cover every album (I think!) on this DVD.
I own Alive in Athens and I thought that was an unbeatable concert, but I have to say that this does manage to beat it - it's that good.
I discovered Iced Earth about 5 years ago and man am I glad that I did. They are now one of my top 5 five bands of all time and this DVD cements that position even further. I hope that they continue to reach more people and get more of the success and respect that they deserve.

Iron Maiden: Flight 666 [DVD] [2009]
Iron Maiden: Flight 666 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Iron Maiden

5.0 out of 5 stars Irons to the Sky!!!, 31 May 2009
This package is outstanding on so many levels. The first disc is an excellent celebration documenting the historic Somewhere back in time tour. This on its own would be worth five stars, but to back it up with another disc showing each song from the tour from venues around the world just makes this outstanding value!

The live songs are the most energised and well played that I have seen from maiden ... ever. Each band member is on top form and it's obvious to see the passion they all have for what the do.

I've watched the live dvd about four times in one week and it just keeps delivering the goods. Half the time I find myself cheering and singing along just like at the concert.

This DVD proves once and for all that maiden are in a league of their own. Absolutely outstanding!