Profile for Eddie Cleal > Reviews

Content by Eddie Cleal

Eddie Cleal

Complete Indian Cooking: Over 325 Deliciously Authentic Recipes for the Adventurous Cook
by Mridula Baljekar
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
An awesome Indian cook book. Delicious recipes, possibly the only Indian cook book you will ever need!

J Sheekey FISH
J Sheekey FISH
by Tim Hughes
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 7 July 2014
This review is from: J Sheekey FISH (Hardcover)
I love this book!! Only to be picked up when you have time to read it. If I ever pick it up when I am busy I get behind on my work. The menus are fantastic!

John Adams Microscope Set
John Adams Microscope Set

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 7 July 2014
This review is from: John Adams Microscope Set (Toy)
This was a cheep toy which was unusable. A waste of money. The seller refunded the money straight away

Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Funk Shines, 3 July 2012
This review is from: 2 (Audio CD)
Buy it ! Top funk album with a real mix of vibe from old classic 70's to more modern. This album really shines - I am glad I have it.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
Price: 9.67

1.0 out of 5 stars This album needs a tonic, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Medicine Man (Audio CD)
Having purchased On The Sly and enjoyed this album very much I jumped in and bought Medicine Man without a thought. Disappointed is an understatement. To go from such a fantastic album (On The Sly) to this is incredible. No strength in the music, no real roots or funk. My advise would be to listern to any sound bites first before you buy this album. A shame really as The Bamboos are obviously really talented and a great band, the same can not be said for the results of this last album.

What to Say When You Talk to Your Self [ Yourself ]
What to Say When You Talk to Your Self [ Yourself ]
by Shad Helmstetter
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare to change your life!, 28 Jun 2011
There are a lot of self help, motivational, self improvement books out there on the market. To often I have found reading some of them like going along to an inspiring conference where there is the most inspirational speaker giving everybody the most awsome boost to their life. The sort of conference where you come out feeling on top of the world, ready to take on anything. Then, in the morning you are still thinking about what was said and how to tackle the changes you wish to make and how much better things are going to be. Then the next thing is you have to get the kids ready for school, or you need to run and catch your train, maybe somebody pulled out in front of you in their car and the next thing you know, this all inspriring speech has been long forgotten. It is at these times when you need someone to boost your confidence and give you a push in the right direction but they are never there. This is what I have found with most books until I read 'What to say when you talk to yourself' What you learn is that all the motivational words and help was there all the time, and it is already there in you. It is something you apply during your daily life amongst the daily routine. You don't have to take lots of time out to use the methods.

People say, it is not for me, I don't do these kind of books or they are for other people, I just don't belive in it. However, if I said to these people, I really can't be bothered about something or I really should give up smoking but I can't , these same people are the ones that may very well start giving me encouragement and saying yes you can, or come on try a little every day, you can do it !! Well, guess what they have done for me what I could do myself and which is the what the very basis of this book is about. In simple terms if you change your self speak, i.e the the voice in your head (which is yours) and start telling yourself , yes you can, or stop saying if only I was not so clumsy or I wish I would stop forgetting names or I really wish I could give up smoking. If you change all of this to I am giving up smoking, or I used to be clumsy but that was how I used to be , now I am not. This will all gradually start to make a difference.

Personally I have given up smoking 20 cigarettes a day (plus), I have also given up a drinking habit of over one bottle of wine everyday by using the method that Shad Helmstetter sets out for you. Nothing changes over night but sure enough the changes happen and once you see how effective this is you will want to start applying it to your personal life, your work life, your everything. A bold statement I know. Get the book, read it, read it again and start applying the methods and keep reading it to remind your self of the simple techniques involved. I really can not vouch for this book highly enough !! Buy and good luck.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Magimix 11650 Black and Stainless Steel Metal Slicer, 22 Feb 2011
This is a simple light weight domestic item. Depending on what you need it for you do need to let it rest every few minutes to stop it over heating. I guess this would be the same of any machine in its category if you are making comparisons. I bought it because of the brand name. So far so good, does what it needs to do.

British Seasonal Food
British Seasonal Food
by Mark Hix

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Hix - Thank you !!, 5 Mar 2009
This review is from: British Seasonal Food (Hardcover)
This is a pure gem. Everyone who wants to cook seasonal food for the family table or for entertaining you should be reading this suberb book. There may be a few things you are not familiar with and some ingredients not readily available (look at chitterlings) however, embrase what Mark Hix is giving you and you will live happily ever after with a full and satisfied tummy.

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
by Sami Tamimi
Price: 12.68

5.0 out of 5 stars don't just fill your book shelf, use this book, 5 Mar 2009
If you can not be inspired by the cover alone, open up this book and start cooking. The colours and variety of this food are simply fantastic. Great twists on some simple foods that make creating for the novice simple. Want to do a summer buffet and impress your friends, look no further these dishes will wow your guests. I am a professional caterer and you can bet these recipes are now finding their way onto our menus.