Profile for Philo Eastwood > Reviews

The Beach
The Beach
by Alex Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheres Jed, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Beach (Paperback)
Dont you hate those people who say I read the book first and the film was a let down. I cant rememeber in which order I read them but I liked them both. One works as a film, one works as a book.

Whit
Whit
by Iain Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Iain Banks novel, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: Whit (Paperback)
Its rare to find a main character in a novel which you dont just watch as things develop for them. In Whit I found myself feeling sorry for her and amazed at her thought process. Banks always inspires such an realistic atmosphere in which his characters inhabit.

Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Questions (New Scientist)
Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Questions (New Scientist)
by "New Scientist"

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Jun 2009
My only fault with it is, for people (like myself) whose memory of science at school is quickly slipping away, some of the answers can be quite complex and hard to get your head round it. As such it falls somewhere between a book for the lay person and people who have an understanding of such things.

Airplane II: The Sequel [1982] [DVD]
Airplane II: The Sequel [1982] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Hays
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Making me smile just writing this, 17 Jun 2009
Its accepted that its not as good as the first but it was inspired to have Shatner in it. Four stars because it has the best sight gag in cinema with Shatner behind the door.

The Cannonball Run [DVD]
The Cannonball Run [DVD]
Dvd ~ Burt Reynolds
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgot how good this was, 17 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Cannonball Run [DVD] (DVD)
The recent death of Dom made me buy this movie. I know its old now and in parts hasnt aged well but i truly forgot how good it was. De Luise is brilliant and the perfect foil to Burt reynolds. Most importantly is that you can feel they had a great laugh making it and you cant help but smile along with them. Plus any film that has Roger Moore playing a character who thinks hes Roger Moore is a stroke of genius.