Profile for Telss > Reviews

Rules of Attraction
Rules of Attraction
by Simone Elkeles

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Carlos And Kiara!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Rules of Attraction (Paperback)
I bought this after reading Perfect Chemistry. This is the second book in the series. I must start my review by saying I absolutely loved this. I was a bit sceptical about reading it, PERFECT CHEMISTRY was so good, I didn't think this could compare. But it did! In my opinion it was even better than the first book!

I loved Kiara and Carlos even more than Alex and Brittany. There was just something about the pair. I really liked the cover to this book. The scene that goes with it really gave me goose bumps. I loved reading it then looking at the front.

Usually, with these kind of trilogies. The main characters from the first book aren't in the other books as much. Maybe only briefly. But what I liked about this was that Alex and Brittany were in this all the way through. I can only hope Carlos and Kiara are in the third book.

I can't wait for Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry) to arrive in my post. That is the third and final book in the series. This one is about Luis Fuentes. The youngest brother. I'm sure this wont disappoint. I think I'm in love with the Fuentes brothers.

I would definitely recommend this if you liked Beautiful Disaster and Hopeless. I give this 9 out of 10!! I would definitely read this again!

Perfect Chemistry
Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Read!, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Perfect Chemistry (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I really loved this. I didn't want it to end. I decided to buy it after seeing a lot of my favourite authors have read it. I've also noticed it as a recommendation in a few books at the back. So I decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did because I loved it.

I saw this was a trilogy and thought it would be great to get stuck into another great trilogy. Unfortunately the next in the series Rules of Attraction isn't about Alex and Brittany. It's about Carlos, Alex's brother.

I liked the suspense in this book. I thought the story was great. I just wish this book was longer and had more happy moments. The Prologue was so cute. It was a great way to end the book.

This book was really interesting. I don't really know anything about gangs. It was good to read the Mexicans and Americans coming together, to an extent. I didn't realise there were places like this were there's such hatred for the other side of town.

If you like Beautiful Disaster then you'll love this.

I am disappointed that this story isn't continued. I really need to find another good trilogy to get into.

I would 100% recommend this book. Loved it!!! 9 out of 10!

Rosebush
Rosebush
by Michele Jaffe
Price: 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept Me Guessing All The Way Through!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Rosebush (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I ended up really enjoying this story. It took me a while to get into it. There were loads of characters and I couldn't keep up with it all. But once I figured out who was who and started to get the story I just couldn't put the book down! I loved it.

What I liked about this book was that it kept you guessing all the way through. I was never quite sure who it was going to turn out to be, including Jane herself.

I really liked the way this book was written and would definitely recommend it. I quite enjoy mysteries and this one has a few romances in it also. I love the way little bits of information are leaked through. And at the end it all comes together and makes sense. All those little bits of information are completely relevant to the story.

I knew from the very start what I thought of David. I didn't like him. I really liked Pete's character.

I would recommend this and read more from this author. 9 out of 10!! Great Read!

Hopeless
Hopeless

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Hopeless (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying this is probably one of the best books I've ever read. It was amazing and I say you must read it!

I've recently read Slammed (which was Colleen Hoover's first book) and I did enjoy that. But everyone was saying it was amazing and I thought it was good, but not amazing. So my expectations for HOPELESS weren't huge. But I would definitely say this is soooooo much better than SLAMMED and Point of Retreat. You will love Holder a lot more than you love Will.

I read this in about 48 hours. It's quite a long book but it was so good, I didn't want it to end. I couldn't stop thinking about it when I wasn't reading it.

Also I think Colleen was really clever writing this. I loved all the twists. I loved how Colleen started the book with it being "two months earlier". I kept going back to it while reading the book. LOVED IT!!

I am really excited to read Losing Hope which comes out later this year. It's from Holder's point of view but from what I've heard, it isn't the same story and it's based before this book.

I would 100% recommend this to everyone who loves SLAMMED, Beautiful Disaster, Easy and books like that. AMAZING!!!

When You Were Mine
When You Were Mine
by Rebecca Serle
Price: 5.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Took A While To Get Into!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: When You Were Mine (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying it took me at lease half of this book to actually start liking it. But once it got good... it REALLY got good. I enjoyed this so much. By the end of it I was in tears and didn't want it to end. I would definitely recommend this to young adults who love a good love story.

What's interesting about this book is it's reference to Romeo and Juliette. The more you read it, the more the story relates to the classic story.

What annoyed me in the first half of the book was Rose's love for Rob. When I read the blurb I thought maybe Rose and Rob had some sort of relationship years before. But it wasn't like that. I hated Rob. One minute he was saying "I'm just doing you a favour Rose" in relation to him taking Juliette to the school dance. Then next minute he's saying "I didn't mean to fall for her Rose". One minute he was kissing Rose talking about their future together, the next he is with Juliette (Rose's cousin). I couldn't understand, why after that, Rose would still want to be with Rob.

But once she started to get over him, that was when the book became more interesting. And definitely a better read. I loved the friendships in this story. Charlie and Olivia were there for Rose throughout the whole book.

I knew straight away the Len would be a good guy. I predicted it from the start and really liked him!

I've seen on Goodreads.com that the author is planning to write a sequel. I really hope she does. This book was really great. I ended up loving it. I would definitely recommend! 9 out of 10 from meeee!

Quicksilver
Quicksilver
by R J Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Quicksilver (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I really enjoyed this book. It took me a while to get into and for the story to get going but once it did, it was really great! I read Ultraviolet this year in January and really loved that. These books aren't like anything I've read before. Aliens aren't really my thing.

I would say you have to read ULTRAVIOLET to understand more about this book. But it is kind of stand alone as well. I was really glad to see Faraday back in the world. And I was happy with the references to Alison (who is the main character in ULTRAVIOLET).

I like what the author did with this book. I read the blurb but didn't realise this book wasn't from Alison's point of view. So I was really surprised to see it from Tori's POV. I was happy with the few chapters the gave you a good recap of what happened in the first book.

I would definitely recommend this if you enjoyed the first book. This one has less romance in it than the first book but it's still good

Skin Deep
Skin Deep
by Laura Jarratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell In Love With This Book!, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Skin Deep (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I absolutely fell in love with this book. I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I would 100% recommend this. It's a must read!

I am from England (obviously) but I rarely read books based in England. It was funny really, reading words that are used all the time in England but I never usually read. There was a lot of tea drinking in this book which of course I loved.

I really enjoyed this book. I just loved Ryan's personality. This book made me cry in parts. The girl in this book, Jenna, is only 14. Which is much younger than my usual main characters in the books I read. But she seemed so much older. Which I completely understand after what has happened to her.

I read this book in under 24 hours and didn't want it to end.

I can't really think of any books to compare this to. There isn't many English books on my book shelf which I loved as much as this. I will say though, my favourite book is Beautiful Disaster so you can see what kind of books I am into.

I definitely recommend this! Please read. It's great and will leave toy feeling great! 5 out of 5!!

The Secret of Ella and Micha
The Secret of Ella and Micha
by Jessica Sorensen

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Star Review!, 1 May 2013
I saw this book recommended for me a long time ago. I decided to pre-order it. There wasn't much of a description but I thought my most favourite books are the ones that don't have a very descriptive blurb. I will say though that I did enjoy this book. But it wasn't amazing!

I can't think of a lot to say about this book really... I read it in the same day because I just wanted to get it finished. I hate writing bad reviews, because it must of taken soooo much effort to write this book.

I have already pre-ordered the sequel to this book called The Forever of Ella and Micha. If your like me, even if you don't enjoy a book billions, you still can't leave a series unfinished! I've also noticed there is another series by this author called The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to read this yet. I don't think I enjoyed this book enough to read all of the authors other books.

I would recommend this if you like books such as My Favorite Mistake (No) and Almost.

Point of Retreat
Point of Retreat
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Ever After!, 1 May 2013
I will start my review by saying I enjoyed this. I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Slammed. But I am definitely glad Colleen Hoover decided to write a sequel.

What annoyed me about this book, was that it's called "Point of Retreat". When I read what that really meant I was disappointed that that's what the book was leading up to. Also, half the book was spent in hospital.

I read this book very quickly. I did find myself wanting to read more and more. I would 100% recommend this book and "Slammed". This has been compared to Beautiful Disaster and Easy. I however, loved those two books much more than I loved this series.

I am looking forward to reading the final book in the series, This Girl (No). And I have pre-ordered Colleen's other book Hopeless which is due through the post any day.

I give this book 8 out of 10 and definitely recommend it!!

Slammed
Slammed

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyed This!, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Slammed (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I really enjoyed this book. I've been dying for this to come out in the UK for ages! I was glad when it finally arrived. However, I've seen many people say this is as good as Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and Easy by Tammara Webber. Now, I do have to disagree. I really really loved those books, but I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did them.

One thing I really enjoyed in this book was the "slam" poetry. I looked forward to more of it coming up in the book. I thought the writer, Colleen Hoover, did an amazing job with it.

It's quite funny really, just before I started reading this, I had just read Losing It. If you've read both this and "Losing It". You will know why I think it's funny. There is a very big similarity.

I must admit, this book was extremely sad at times. I cried more than once! That's for sure. I like it when I cry for a book, I think it means its definitely good!

I would definitely recommend this book. I give it 8 out of 10. I'm just about to start reading Point of Retreat which is the second book in the series. Also This Girl will be coming out soon which is the third book in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10