Profile for Telss > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Requiem: Volume 2
Requiem: Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than The First!!, 25 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Requiem: Volume 2 (Paperback)
I have literally just finished reading this book and I'm on such a high after it! It was all fantastic. I loved the first book and this one was even better! You must read it. I cannot wait for the next one which is in the post as I write this. It's quite a bit shorter than the first one, but it suits it, as the story can't run on for too long otherwise it might drag and be a bit boring. I loved this book.

I loved 'Beautiful Disaster' and I am loving this trilogy! I just can't wait to read what Jamie McQuire writes next! This trilogy would be a perfect film trilogy. I can just picture it now ;)

I love all the relationships in this book. You really get in to the story. I think the humour is great. I think it's good how even after the first book when you know so much about the 'supernatural side', you still keep learning more and more! This book is great. The story gives it real meaning. FANTASTIC! 5 STARS!

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Offered by SKYWISH

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 25 Oct. 2012
I have just purchased this model last night and already I can see this will be the new thing! It's amazing. So much better than any other coffee machine I've ever used. I like that it makes tea as well. It's so easy. I bought the Costa Latte's and they are delicious! It's so easy to clean. You barely have the do anything. The coffee comes out really hot unlike some other coffee machines. Its great. You get a £20 voucher to spend on their website as well when you register. It's such a bargain at the minute with it having £50 off!! 5 STARS!!!

Providence: Volume 1
Providence: Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Providence: Volume 1 (Paperback)
I must start by saying I really loved this book. It really keeps you gripped. I bought this after reading 'Beautiful Disaster' (which is now my favourite book). I saw this book by Jamie McQuire and didn't really know what to make of the blurb. It isn't really clear what the book is about. After reading a few reviews I thought I would try it. Everyone seems to b saying great things about it. I am not normally in to the 'supernatural' thing. But I gave it a go anyway.

I'm so glad I bought this book and it's not over yet because it's a trilogy. I've just bought the second book and haven't started it yet but I cannot wait! It took me about 3 days to read this book.

This book is printed by Amazon. Which I hate. The cover is cheap and bends without even reading it. I would love this book to be printed again. Also, this book is quite expensive. It's over £10 which is a lot for a book in my opinion. I wouldn't normally spend over £6 for a book. However it is definitely worth the money!

I would definitely recommend this book if you loved Beautiful Disaster like me!

While It Lasts
While It Lasts
by Abbi Glines

3.0 out of 5 stars I Like This Book... But It's Nothing Special!, 27 Sept. 2012
This review is from: While It Lasts (Paperback)
I bought this after it had been recommended by Amazon. I read the blurb and was confused by it really, I didn't understand where this book was supposed to go. I read the reviews, which were all pretty good so I decided to give it a go. Its fairly short. I read it in two days.

I hate writing anything less than a 4 star review. I hate thinking someone took there time to write this book and I am just saying everything that is bad about it. But I want to be honest.

I will admit, I do like this book. But! It isn't great!!! It takes ages to get into the story and once it does, it's just OK. Nothing keeps you gripped. It's predictable. It doesn't seem to go anywhere. Its just a boring love story. It annoys me when it keeps going back and forth to them thinking they aren't liked by the other! It's repetitive and annoying!

This book goes from Cage to Eva every few pages. You get to see what they both feel like. A chapter doesn't last longer than 15 pages. Not that it matters, I've just never came across that before. Also it's badly printed by Amazon.co.uk! The paragraphs are small and some of the lines have a massive gap in between. Sometimes I didn't notice the last word and thought it didn't make sense.

I must say I am disappointed with this book, I thought it was be better.

The prologue at the beginning is heart breaking. I cried as soon as I realised the situation. But one good chapter of a book doesn't make the whole book great! Don't get me wrong, this book wasn't completely rubbish, but I just didn't enjoy it like I do others.

I would not recommend reading this. And after reading this, I'm sorry to say I wont be reading any more of Abbi Glines' book's.

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
by Kirsty Moseley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 19 Sept. 2012
Firstly, I would like to say I LOVED THIS BOOK and the characters. The story is actually really good. I enjoyed reading this, there aren't any boring parts. I read it in under 2 days. I could of read it in a day but I have to work and stuff. I think as soon as I read what this book was about, I knew I'd like it so I bought it!

Amber and Liam are such a cute couple. They really love each other. The book shows you how far they would go for each other. If you loved "Beautiful Disaster" then you'll love this too. I honestly liked Beautiful Disaster more. But I love this as well. It does have a feel to it that's similar to Beautiful Disaster. Bad boy, sleeps with loads of girls, then becomes a reformed man for the woman they truly love. If you've read Beautiful Disaster then you'll know what I mean.

I like how this book gets quickly into the story. First chapter, characters are young. Then chapter 2, which is 8 years later. You know what's going on really easily. I like how some chapters are from Liam's perspective. You didn't miss any of the story when Amber wasn't there, because you got his point of view. Also it makes you believe him more about loving her. A part I really enjoyed in this book was when Amber would see Jessica the SKANK! Her words... she would always 'own' her completely. It made me laugh out loud sometimes. The ending of course is the Epilogue. Which is 5 years later. I loved this bit, it really made me smile! There's nothing I love more than a happy ending.

This book is 253 pages. But it feel longer because the book itself is bigger than a normal sized book. Also they cram as much writing on to one page, so don't let that fact that its a short book put you off, because it isn't as short as you think. One thing that really annoyed me about this book. Its terribly written! There's loads of mistakes in the book, like its not been proof read. Some times I found myself reading a sentence over and over again thinking I had read it wrong. There are more than a few mistakes, this one for example "He couldn't eat for a days". Surely that should say He couldn't eat for days, or he couldn't eat for a day. This was Amber talking to her Father about her brother Jake. I would love this book to be re-written, made exactly the same apart from all the mistakes. Also I hate that this book is big. Don't let this put you off though, its still an amazing read!! :)

Beautiful Disaster (BEAUTIFUL SERIES)
Beautiful Disaster (BEAUTIFUL SERIES)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book!, 9 Sept. 2012
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I bought this book after it was recommended. I read the blurb and thought the story sounded pretty boring. Good girl and bad boy make a bet, if she wins, he becomes celibate for a month, if he wins, he lives in his apartment for a month. It didn't sound interested but I bought it anyway. I had it sat on my shelf for a week or so before I even started reading it. Even when I started reading it I wasnt completely sure where this book waas heading.

I am so glad I started reading it. I was literally hooked from the first chapter. I instantly knew I was really going to enjoy this book And even after finishing it and absolutely loving it, I cant understand why! The book doesn't have like a main story that it's leading up to, it's basically about Travis and Abby's relationship. Its not about whether there going to get together or not which is what I thought it would be like after reading about 100 pages. I cant put my finger on what it was I loved about this book, but I do love it! And completely recommend it 100%

I read this book in 3 days! I would of read it in a day if I could have, but unfortunately I have to work, eat and sleep. I think this book is so believable, and realistic. Well... some parts. Theres not a lot I can say about this book other than to read it because you will love it. Also the next book comes out next March (too long away), I've already pre-ordered it! I am looking forward to hearing it from Travis's point of view. Although I would of preferred a sequel.

I loved this book and will definitely be reading the next one! ***** I've read this again since writing this review! I love it more now. You notice things you didn't the first time reading it. I read it in a two day epic! LOVE THIS STORY.

Forbidden (Definitions)
Forbidden (Definitions)
by Tabitha Suzuma

5.0 out of 5 stars It's More Than Just About a Brother and Sister Falling in Love!, 5 Sept. 2012
When I came across this book on Amazon. I did think it sounded interesting. But I wasn't sure if it was just going to be some weird book. But then when I read some reviews I decided to buy it as people were saying how good it was!

I started reading it not knowing what to expect. I didn't know whether they actually knew they were brother and sister or not. As soon as I start reading this I knew it was so much more than just a brother and sister who fall in love. Its about a struggling family. Its so heart wrenching. I found myself in tears and tears. You so badly want things to work out for them, for them to have a happy ending! I'm sure that this book relates to loads of people, not siblings falling in love, but the situation the family are in.

The story is such a simple idea, but it keeps you gripped with everything else that is going on around the main story. I found myself reading it for hours and not knowing were the time had gone. I only wish it was longer. It took me less than a week to read this but I think I could of done it in a day if I had the time to.

I can imagine people reading what this book is about and just thinking these two characters are sick, but there not. They know its wrong and they shouldn't be feeling the way they do. They try and try not to feel these feelings for each other. Be a bit open minded when reading this book. I'm sure you'll end up being by the end of it anyway.

I love the closeness of Lochan and Maya. From the beginning of the book, you know they are in love! The way they talk about each other and the way they think of each other. It's not like any normal brother and sister relationship.

Now that I've finished this book, I keep thinking about it, and keep thinking about the last few chapters. I felt strong emotions when reading them, you wouldn't think a book could make you feel that way. I feel myself going back to the moment I was reading those epic chapters and getting chills from it. Not many books make yo feel like that I'm sure.

When I bought the book I didn't realise it went from chapter to chapter changing from Maya to Lochan. I didn't think I would like that about the book, but it made you see how both characters are feeling. They are so different in the way they think, but feel so strongly in love with each other. Lochan's chapters can be slightly depressing but it all adds to the story. Without the changing of characters in the chapters I don't think this book would be the same. You end up feeling like you know them both so well. Where as in a lot of books you never really know the other character truely.

I think the blurb doesn't do this book any justice. It goes way beyond just a brother and sister falling in love. I love this book and completely recommend it.

Destined to Play (Avalon 1)
Destined to Play (Avalon 1)
by Indigo Bloome

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable! and Boring!, 29 Aug. 2012
I saw this book was coming out and saw it was meant to be like 50 Shades of Grey. So I bought it even though it had mixed reviews. I didnt actually know what the book was about, the blurb doesnt give much away! I should have known then that it was because there wasnt much of a story!

I can normally read about 200 pages a day, and because this was such a short book I thought I'd have it done in a day! But I didnt, I just couldnt get in to the story. Once she had met Dr Quinn, that was pretty much the story done with! It just dragged on and on! I tried to stick with it but I just couldnt! I did try and give it a chance, but I couldnt see the story going anywhere.

A story usually builds up to something, but this just didnt! It basically went straight in to the story and didnt progress.

I skipped to the end to see if anything happens that might actually push me to read it, but it was very predictable and nothing exciting happened. I dont like reviews where someone hasnt finished the book, but it was just that rubbish and dull I couldnt read it.

Sorry, but I wouldnt recommend this to anyone! And its not like 50 Shades.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - FREE One-Day Delivery
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - FREE One-Day Delivery
Price: £10.00 - £500.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Present Idea, 20 Aug. 2012
I bought this for my brother for Christmas. Theres not a lot I can say really other than its a good idea for a gift if you cant think of anything, seems as they sell pretty much everything on Amazon.co.uk

The card came the next day and had a lovely design on it which I picked myself.

This is a great idea and you can buy as little or as much money on this Amazon gift card. Also, this is a great 'last minute' gift as well.

I would recommend!

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Me Before You! Loved It!, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I recently read 50 Shades as many people did and loved it. Im not much of a reader normally but since reading that trilogy I've been dying to read more! So I was looking on Amazon.co.uk for a few days and this book, Me Before You, kept being recommended. I had a quick look at it a few times before deciding to buy it due to all the good reviews I had read.

When it came, and I started reading it, I instantly knew it would be a book I would enjoy! There was conversation near the beginning, and for me thats what I like, some conversation. I dont like to be reading too much 'thinking'. I straight away liked Lou, the character. I think a lot of girls/women can relate to her. She has a nice cosy life.

After reading the blurb, I did think her and Will would fall in love straight away. But it isn't like that. It goes on for a long six months! When I was about 200 pages in, I was getting bored and thinking "where is this going?". But then something would grip me to reading it again. For example, the scene where they are laid in bed together. I thought, somethings bound to happen soon!

When you find out what Will's planning that instantly makes you feel sad for the characters. You dont want ayone to feel the way he does. Its unthinkable! I got so far through the book and really loved it! I couldnt stop thinking about it when I wasnt reading it. I only wish this book was longer and they were together longer!

I love the banter between Lou and Will. You can really picture this happening. I felt like I really knew both Lou and Will.

One thing that I think makes this book so good, is the story of it. Its gripping, its a great idea and I'm sure this book relates to some people who read it.

All the reviews I read said this book was extremely sad towards the end, which it is! I was in tears, crying my eyes out! Its such a good read!

I 100% recommend!