Profile for Alastair > Reviews

Content by Alastair

Alastair (UK)

Jack in the Green (The Hunt for Jack Reacher Series Book 5)
Jack in the Green (The Hunt for Jack Reacher Series Book 5)
Price: 2.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a proper book, 9 Jun 2014
This is is just a short story and so this is not clear from the site. I feel ripped-off and will not buy further "books" from this author.

The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2)
The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2)
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as strong as book 1, 10 Feb 2014
The concept remains very strong but the execution is starting to fray a little. There is a limit on the number of time you can look to have killed a character on to bring them back

The Atlantis Gene: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 1)
The Atlantis Gene: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 1)
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars This has a great concept and is a good book, 10 Feb 2014
Great concept, well executed. Not s stand-alone book as you the story doesnt reach a conclusion. Ridiculous minium word thing Amazon.

The Twelve: The Passage Trilogy Book 2
The Twelve: The Passage Trilogy Book 2
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No, you're wrong - it is brilliant, 1 Oct 2013
Having read so many reviews saying that it is good but not as good as The Passage, I just had to write.... You are so wrong. This is masterful, extraordinary, engaging, uplifting, sad, a magnificent central work in the trilogy, pulling together so many threads from the Passage, showing the true extent of the story arc and laeaving me yearning for Book 3. Even before we get The City of Mirrors (Hurry, please hurry Justin) this is shows what a ground-breaking series this is. What a pleasure to read a worthy child of Bram Stoker's orginal vision after so much Twilight style rubbish. Welcome back the vampire novel as a true literary gem.

The Steep Approach To Garbadale
The Steep Approach To Garbadale
by Iain Banks

2.0 out of 5 stars And yet...., 6 July 2009
I am huge Banks fan; I have read every single book that he has written and enjoyed them all, obviously to a greater or lesser degree. There is no author whose works I look forward to more. And yet...

Every single idea in this book has been done before and better by Banks himself. Taking ideas from The Crow Road, Song of Stone, The Business and various of his SF novels, he spins a story that I just could not find interesting. I have never before found it hard to keep reading in a Banks novel but...

I am so sorry Iain but I just couldn't enjoy this one. I did enjoy Matter though and I am looking forward to Transition.