Profile for happymummy > Reviews

ToddlerCalm: A guide for calmer toddlers and happier parents
by Sarah Ockwell-Smith
Price: 12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant follow on from baby calm, 19 Oct 2013
I bought this book because I had read Sarah's book Babycalm, and I knew she used a great mix of recent research, science, empathy and common sense in her approach. My baby has just turned one after a wonderful, relaxed babyhood which I am convinced is partly thanks to following Sarah's advice, which is essentially to trust yourself and follow your baby so I was very keen to see her advice for the toddler years. Again she has written a book that will help parents to understand their toddler and that will help give parents the confidence to trust their instincts and their child. I read it in two sittings and I feel already my views on my toddler's behaviours have changed and I am feeling more understanding and connected to her. Brilliant :)

BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
BabyCalm: A Guide for Calmer Babies and Happier Parents
by Sarah Ockwell-Smith
Price: 12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only read one parenting book..., 11 Feb 2013
...make it this one!
Common sense, open minded advice on how to look after a newborn baby. No over the top strict rules or routines to impose, just helpful ideas to guide you towards finding your own way, with a healthy understanding that every baby and every family is different!

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
by Gina Ford
Price: 8.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 14 Dec 2012
This book was far too prescriptive for me. On further research I discovered that Gina Ford has NO children of her own. Someone earlier described her as the 'Delia Smith' of babycare...this comparison would only work if Delia Smith had never set foot in a kitchen! I prefer my babycare advice from those who have walked in the shoes of a parent...