Profile for Zak TJ > Reviews

Content by Zak TJ

Zak TJ

Vessel
Vessel

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best albums made in recent history, and that is not an exaggeration, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Vessel (Audio CD)
Everything is good, the groove that twenty one pilots get into is addictive, despite the frequently miserable lyrics the music often still has an upbeat feel that is good for dancing but the misery also makes them great to sing your heart out to, you win all round.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
Offered by Global Bargains UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Lense for a Fantastic Price, 20 April 2012
Ok I'm no professional, if I was I would be reviewing one of Canon's L Series lenses, I am a teenage photography enthusiast with little experience but a keen eye and a passion for photography. I have little experience with lenses, in fact this is my first lens that I have bought that didn't come with the body (an EOS 350D), however I can safely say I am extremely happy with it. I went for this one, as opposed to the 70-300mm III lens primarily because the 70-300mm didn't have Canons image stabilisation, which I wanted given how long the lens extends to, making it difficult to keep a steady hand which would have a particularly great effect in low light conditions. Of course I could have bought the USM IS version of the lens but that was simply too expensive for my budget. Speaking of the image stabilisation, it is fantastic. I have taken pictures with the exposure set to 1/20 and the lens at 250mm and it completely rids the image of any camera shake, it is incredible. Another high point is the fantastically smooth blur on out of focus objects and backgrounds. The lens coatings produce crystal clear, sharp images and although there hasn't been any bright sun or blue sky yet for me to test the colours, the contrast is very good at helping you create moody looking pictures in grey sky. Another positive is that there is absolutely no lens creep. I held the camera vertically down for 5 minutes and then vertically up for 5 minutes and the lens didn't move at all! And the zoom is very smooth compared to my kit lens (an older version of the standard 18-55). One negative is that the AF occasionally struggles to find a focus point, especially low light but it is not unbearable and in normal daylight hours it is perfectly alright. If I had the money I probably would have gone for the USM version but to be honest it's over double the price and as I'm no professional it really isn't worth the money.
So...
The positives:
Soft, beautiful blur
Very good IS
Good contrast and colours and sharp clear images
NO lens creep
Very good price!

Negatives:
Sometimes struggles to focus in low light, especially when there is lack of detail, like a bush with concentrated small leaves

I would recommend this lens to young budding photographers or amateur photographers, however if your more into it and have more expertise then i would go for the USM version, purely to save you time and give you a better experience. I give it 5* because of all these amazing features, and because it's £129.78! To be honest for a lens that price, I would buy it even if it didn't have the IS.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 7:24 PM GMT