Profile for D. Lovelock > Reviews

Content by D. Lovelock

D. Lovelock "munkyonline" (Suffolk, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great with iPhone 5, 29 Jun. 2013
Been using this for well over a month now with my iPhone 5 (no case), the connection is quite tight but i've not had any problems with it.

Connekt Gear 2m DVI-D Dual Link Cable
Connekt Gear 2m DVI-D Dual Link Cable
Offered by Oypla

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont work above 60Hz refresh rate, 20 Sept. 2012
I bought 3 of these cables for my 580 GTX graphics cards and 3 Samsung 2233RZ monitors which have a refresh rate of 120Hz. All 3 screens displayed 'check signal' when set at any refresh rate above 60Hz when using these cables.

I already own two other DVI-D cables but they are different makes, I purchased these new cables to run Nvidia 3D surround with 3 identical cables to avoid any hiccups. I disconnected these new cables, put in the two old ones along with another that I borrowed off a friend and all three screens now work flawlessly in 120Hz.

The pins on all 6 cables are exactly the same, all are DVI-D cables so not sure why these new 3 don't work. You can see the connector diagram on [...] which explains the difference between the connectors. Dual link is required for 120Hz, but these new cables behave more like single link even though they have the extra pins.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 6:14 PM GMT

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (PC DVD)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warhammer as it's meant to be! No problem with Steam or Windows Live.., 2 April 2009
I really don't understand all the whining on here about the Steam and Windows Live applications. Added 5 minutes to the install time and Steam updated the game for me right away. Saved me having to go find any patches on their website. Good thing I say! I was almost put off by the negativity put over by a lot of the reviews on here! I'm really glad that I ignored them!

I've been playing the game for a few days now and am very impressed with the style of gameplay. I own all the other Dawn of War games but got bored of them because they were trying to be C&C with base building and didn't pull it off as well.

This game is almost like playing the REAL Warhammer 40K table-top game which I was a fan of when I was a kid. Units and weapons are customisable and tactics come into play - like cover and buildings. If you rush into an area you're likely to get your units wiped out very quickly!

Seriously dont let the other reviews bother you. Windows live actually allows you to play online and do the achievements too. It doesnt affect the gameplay for me. Oh yeah and the game looks the shizzle too ;)

The Adventures of Michael Fane
The Adventures of Michael Fane
by David Castle

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read!, 2 April 2009
The brutal depictions of the 1600's are really brought to life in this gruesome tale of Michael Fane. The book continues, using a more adult depiction of the times, from where 'The Black Box' left off. The combination of factual and fictional information makes the story believable and creates some powerful mental imagery.

Uncover the truth behind Michael's misfortune in this very entertaining read. Hopefully there will be a lot more to come from this author - David Castle. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!