Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

CSL - PCI Dolby Digital sound card / 6 channel surround sound | Direct Sound 3D / Sensaura 3D
Offered by CSL-Computer

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 21 Nov. 2015
Added this to my son's PC when half the sound output from the aging motherboard stopped working. Fitted fine, disabled motherboard sound in BIOS, loaded drivers, and it works. Haven't attempted to rate it for sound quality (given the rubbish speakers its attached to there's no point).

Cotechs® - Slim Flip Stand Wallet Red Case For Vodafone Smart ULTRA 6
Cotechs® - Slim Flip Stand Wallet Red Case For Vodafone Smart ULTRA 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart case, 21 Nov. 2015
Pleased with this case, it fits the phone well and gives it the protection required. We'll see how long it lasts... experience has been 12-18 months for this style of case - until you have to glue the plastic back onto the "leather".

SunFounder 320x240 2.8" Assembled TFT Touchscreen Display LCD for Raspberry Pi
SunFounder 320x240 2.8" Assembled TFT Touchscreen Display LCD for Raspberry Pi
Offered by SunFounder

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun while it lasted... now to work out how to breathe new life into it, 21 Nov. 2015
Mixed feelings about this I'm afraid. We've had some fun making it work. The adafruit site was useful, and we got an older pi running with it, but then the frustrations have started. We've put the problems down to the fact that the screen is very difficult to support. Touching the screen without putting pressure on the header and the GPIO pins is presumably a question of using a header cable (or a case) so that the touchscreen can be stablised. Our experience has been that very quickly the touchscreen has become a bit hit and miss... almost certainly due to problematic "dry joints" either on the pi or the board itself.
We've tried a rather nice looking adafruit case (clear back, black front, black buttons), but this screen sits just a little bit too high for the lid to clip down... Not Sunfounder's fault at all - we should have realised that there would have been differences in the dimensions.
Time to get the soldering iron out now to see if we can get things going again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightening the load, 19 Sept. 2014
This unit is looking like it will become a permanent part of my business trip packing. Replace the wall-warts for phones and tablet (and one or two other gadgets) with just one. I feel the shoulder straps lightening already.

One or two observations before it starts its day to day life.
1. I wonder how long the mechanism for locking the interchangeable plugs in place will last ;
2. On the same note the power socket is of the figure of eight style that used to be quite common, so I may make up my own, as a short flying lead that could be even more practical than the interchangeable plugs

Veho VSS-006-360BT Portable 360 Bluetooth Speaker for iPhones, Android, iPod, iPad, Tablets and all Bluetooth devices - Black
Offered by Refresh eCommerce

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed results, 18 Feb. 2012
As with others, I've a bit of a mixed experience of this device. Got one about 6 weeks ago as I wanted to try a wireless speaker to go with my hp touchpad, but wasn't sure about how well bluetooth would perform.

Pros
- tiny 40mm dia x 50 tall
- comes with charging cable and 3mm stereo lead (both quite short)
- sound quality (for its size)
- life of battery (so far)
- range (been able to use upstairs and several rooms away from source device)
- price

Cons
- wow and flutter on bluetooth is really noticeable, but it could be the source device doing that... but its pretty stable via wired connection - will update if I can get hold of another device to test with
- short cables!

Wow and flutter can be ignored if you want background music while your concentrating on something else, but it does get pretty annoying after a while, but I can't be sure the device is too blame. Has anyone else listened carefully to it over time and noticed this?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 7:13 PM GMT