Profile for G. W. K. Cheung > Reviews

Content by G. W. K. Cheung

G. W. K. Cheung "the impatient" (London, UK)

ORICO PH-25 2.5-inch External Hard Drive Carrying Bag with Accessories Pocket and Holding Belt (purple)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 3 Mar 2014
Looks and feels well made, Its a bit big for my 2.5 inch portable drive, The case size is more like 150x100x38mm, the description needs updating. My drive measures 120 x 75 x 20, so move around in the case a bit. Check your drive before ordering. My other case, Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case, is a much better fit.

Masterplug Indoor Power SHADC-MP Shaver Adaptor Fused (White)
Masterplug Indoor Power SHADC-MP Shaver Adaptor Fused (White)
Offered by Supermodel Hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality, 6 Feb 2014
I have used Masterplug products before and found them to be of good quality and this is no exception. I bought two of these, and have used both with my shaver and toothbrush chargers. The two pin plugs can be inserted without excessive force, and they stayed put, much better than the no brand ones I have purchased previously.

Anker® 2 x 2600mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S4, GT-I9500, GT-I9505 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with NFC/Google Wallet + Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Batteries, Disappointing Charger, 24 Dec 2013
I have used both batteries and both seems to last longer than my original Samsung one, which went pear shaped. Installing a battery, which was fully charged about a week ago, indicates 85% charged by my phone, which is acceptable to me.

The charger is considerably slower than my Samsung charger, probably because its output is just 600mA (0.6A) to the battery charging terminals, compare with 2A from my Samsung charger. If I had known this, I would have just bought the batteries, saving myself £5.99. I can still use it to charge a spare battery of course, but probably do it overnight. I would have preferred some kind battery holder, which can be connected to my Samsung charger.

If you don't need a charger, just buy the batteries. So 5 stars for the batteries, 3 stars for the charger.

Anker® Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 [3-Pack] Highly-Transparent Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars My Phone Says Thankyou, 21 Aug 2013
I have the matte version as I am not a fan of glare from glossy screens. It is exactly as described, hard, reduced glare, high transparency, an excellent fit, and feels silky smooth when using the phone. I hardly notice its there. Some glare is still present, its just reduced.

Also, if like me, you have never put on a screen protector before, don't believe "it is easy". If you read the instructions before you start and follow it, you should get a better result. I didn't find it easy, but managed to get it on without any bubbles eventually, after several attempts with just one screen protector . I did used up half of the dust-removal adhesive strip removing dust trapped between the protector and the phone screen.

Anker® Glaze Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Slim-Fit Ultra Durable Gel Silicone Cover Case with Flexible Gloss TPU Skin [Charcoal Grey]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Fit, 14 Aug 2013
Fits my phone perfectly, all cut outs are positioned correctly and are the right size. With this case on, my phone feels comfortable to hold, not slippery and not too thick. The lip around the edge on the front not only helps to prevent scratches to the screen when the phone is placed on a table face down, but also just covers the edge of the screen protector I put on, reducing the chance of it peeling off.

It is worth mentioning that the case provides an overlay for the power button and the volume rocker, and not cut outs like some other covers (the pictures shows this). This make those buttons less sensitive, and I like it as I have pressed these accidentally on many occasions before I put this case on. This feature also protect them from dust and dirty fingers. Unfortunately, if you want to use the volume rocker as the camera shutter button, you would need to press a bit harder.

Update (13/05/2014)
This is still on my phone, I have taken it off many times to change to a spare battery, changing SIM cards, etc. It looks and feels as good now as it was when I put it on the first time 9 months ago.

Brand New Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note
Offered by IRULU NETWORKING

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but falls out too easily, 16 Oct 2012
The micro connector on mine is straight and not right angle as in the photo. This often happens with these generic items sold by Amazon market sellers, they can be slightly different from photo on Amazon. So if you do want a right angle one like me, its probably best to check with the seller before you order.

The cable works fine with my Nexus 7, but like others already said, the "teeth" on the micro USB plug do not engage with the socket in my tablet and falls out way too easily. The seller, PC Mall, did offer a refund if I return it and their "engineer" agree that its faulty. I have bin'd it and bought another from Forpower which has a much better fit.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tiny Router, 12 Oct 2012
I wanted to use the router as a repeater, so I can only share my experience about this mode. I was getting a very weak or no Wifi signal from my BT Homehub router (upstairs, front of house) in my kitchen extension (downstairs, back of house). I live in an older house with solid walls. Now I have a very good connection with my Nexus 7 tablet in my kitchen, and can stream video using BBC iPlayer without any problems at all.

I have located my repeater in the middle of the house, and I think its important to ensure that you are getting a good Wifi signal from your main router (the one connected to the internet) at this location.

Thanks to other reviews, I have located the step by step instructions on setting this up (before I bought this). FYI, its FAQ ID: 397 "How to Configure Repeater Mode on TL-WR702N" on the TP Link website. I followed this and had no trouble setting it up. The printed instructions that came with the router is not as clear as the FAQ.

I was a bit confused at first as there is no new SSID when using this in the repeater mode. Its just repeating the main router. To test its working, I went into my kitchen, and told my Nexus 7 tablet to "forget" the connection to my main router. Then I ask it to search for Wifi connections and the SSID of my main router showed up but with a much stronger signal. After I entered my passkey (for my main router), I was connected to the internet. Now, when I move around the house the tablet just seems to pick up a good signal in every room :)

The router is well protected in the manufacturer's box, but not excessive. It came with an USB power adaptor. The power cable is a bit short, so you may want to get a longer one if you want to locate your repeater higher than a metre about your mains socket. There is also a short flat and quite flexiable ethernet cable which would be good for client mode operation? There is also a mini "resource" CD, which I have not touched.

I would recommend this to my friends.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2014 6:24 PM GMT