Profile for RocketRob84 > Reviews

Content by RocketRob84

RocketRob84

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply one of the best games on Xbox 360!!, 19 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
No need for me to go on and on about what this game offers in terms of storyline and what the game actually is as you can found this just by reading the breakdown on Amazon.

If you are familiar with Far Cry 2 then this is similar in play to that except instead of Africa it is a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, open world Tropical Island setting. There are nice added features though with the crafting, hunting (brilliant fun to creep up on a tiger with hunting bow in hand and deliver head shot!) and use of weapons which just enhances this game from Far Cry 2 (which was brilliant in itself anyway). Thankfully the minor bad points in 2 are addressed for example the vehicles are more durable in 3 and there are more safe houses that can automatically be jumped to without the long mission of driving/running to specific point in the map.

All I really need to say is this is quite simply one of the best games I have ever played; hours roll by when playing, I can immerse myself into a session quite easily which I can't with other games and not even realise 2 or 3 hours has gone by! I can't see how anyone could possibly be disappointed with this game if the purchase it, graphics-amazing, gameplay-long, interesting, easy to figure out and overall extremely fun which surely is the main reason for playing a game in the first place?!

18 Feb 2013 update:

Well it's been a few months and I'm still playing it! Only just onto the second island with the privateers and seems like it will be better than the first so in for treat. The value for money on this game is incredible. Haven't tried multiplayer and not likely to so unable to comment on this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 12:15 PM GMT

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Assai-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Frostbite 2 engine games are terrible!!, 29 Oct. 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first review I have submitted on Amazon despite buying stuff off them for years because I have never had the urge to do it, despite reading other's. Well I felt the need to with this game that's for sure!

I love FPS, especially the single player campaign, and as an avid COD player I have just accepted that other FPS games haven't been able to better them, in terms of playability and what I call the 'COD feel' of an FPS (the ease of aiming and feel of movement you get in COD games). Despite this I have always given other FPS games a chance just in case one ever does (Battlefield 2 & 3, MoH to name but a few)

I pre-ordered this in anticipation of a good game with great graphics but was bitterly disappointed when I found this has neither! I liked the previous MoH game, I thought it looked great and whilst not being COD standard, I enjoyed the missions and it still felt 'solid' to play. I knew from research that Warfighter was using Frostbite 2 engine and alarm bells should have started ringing straight away because this was what Battlefield 3 had and I hated that! This game does not have great graphics like is advertised, despite having to install a so called 'HD' pack (you never have to do this with other games that have better graphics than this) the game still looks grainy and I am playing on a decent HD tv and using HDMI cable before you think that is the reason I think they look so terrible! If it was just its graphics being bad then it would have got a better score from me but its the actual play and 'feel' of thing as well that is equally as bad. This is a direct clone of Battlefield 3, it might as well have been called Battlefield 4 or 3.5 cos its the same engine and play as Battlefield 3! Sluggish aiming (I did up the sensitivity in the end and did help a bit), terrible AI, awkward slow movement, I could go on and on. This is about as far from COD as it has got and its 2012! I haven't played the multiplayer yet and this has always been the main reason to play Battlefield games so I may still give it a try if it replicates it as the multiplayer makes a nice alternative to the COD version (feels more like a proper war and the use of vehicles is cool!)

If they had just let DICE develop this game like the last MoH, I'm sure it would be a 4* game but I won't be buying another Frostbite engine game again that's for sure, I have learnt my lesson!