Profile for david > Reviews

Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 750 mAh AAA Batteries - 4-Pack
Offered by Tek-365
Price: 4.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 Aug 2014
They are batteries. They do what batteries do.

Samsung 3TB D3 Station External Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Samsung 3TB D3 Station External Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Price: 78.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, quiet drive but unecessary lights., 10 Aug 2014
I bought this to replace a Seagate drive that was a bit noisy. I thought I would switch from Seagate to Samsung as I am happy with my Samsung phone, tablet and TVs. To my surprise I opened the box to find the Samsung equipment with a Seagate warranty! Perhaps they come from the same stable?
The drive is fine though. Easy to set up and quieter than my other three 3Tb drives (I take a lot of photos). The only annoying thing is that there are four bright white lights on the front that are on all the time, not just when it is writing. These and are a bit distracting and seem unnecessary. Otherwise, it does what it says on the box.

Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Price: 77.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value drive but not the fastest and a bit noisy, 30 Jun 2014
Very easy to set up - just plug and play.
It seems noisier than the Seagate 1Tb and a Western Digital I also use, and also slower to record. I don't have lab test data to back up that impression, it is just from experience when transferring 32Gb Compact Flash card data from the same card reader in the same USB port on my computer to the respective drives. But if speed isn't everything, then this drive is economical and reliable.

QR Droid
QR Droid
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: QR Droid (App)
I have tried a few QR readers. Some want to know all sorts of things about your phone. Some stuff you with adverts. This one is easy to load, unobtrusive and just does what it is supposed to do. I have deleted all the others and just use this one now.

Metz Radio Controlled LCD Travel Alarm Clock
Metz Radio Controlled LCD Travel Alarm Clock
Price: 14.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes a long time to reset, 7 Dec 2013
By and large it does what it is supposed to do for an OK price. My problem with it is that it takes a long time to find the right time. The instructions do warn that it takes a while, but I found that it took a while, and then another while and a few more whiles on top of that. In fact, it was the middle of the night before it found the signal. It may be something to do with our location and the availability of the radio signal that transmits the time and the problem might not occur elsewhere. However, I do worry that when the clocks go forwards and backwards in the spring and autumn I won't know whether it has changed or not, so I shall have another clock nearby to make sure I am not oversleeping! It rather defeats the object of a radio-controlled clock, really.

Electric Arguments
Electric Arguments

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this his worst ever CD?, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Electric Arguments (Audio CD)
I have most of McCartney's albums and listen to them frequently. I had not heard of this one and bought it just because it was a McCartney album, expecting to like most if not all of the tracks. Wrong. This has to be his worst album ever. Nothing memorable on it at all. I still enjoy McCartney and play everything from 'McCartney' (1) to 'Kisses on the Bottom', but not the Fireman.

August DTV700B - 7" Portable Freeview TV - Small Screen LCD Television with Multimedia Player - Digital TV for Bedroom, Kitchen, Caravan... - Battery (Internal) or Mains Powered

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but not very reliable, 8 Mar 2013
I bought two of these. The charger on the first one stopped working so they both shared a charger for a while. Then one of the sets failed altogether. Using the good charger and the good set has left me with one out of two, and that one works OK but it does need a better aerial. In tandem with the DTA245 amplified aerial it works fine.

Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Price: 38.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Need one in every room!, 8 Mar 2013
I bought his because I already had a Netgear N600 modem/router but couldn't get reception in the next or subsequent rooms. This extender is easy to set up and works straight out of the box, but it doesn't extend the range very far. I get reception from the N600 in the room where it is located; from the extender in that room, but nothing elsewhere in the house. On the other hand, I can get a signal called 'Belkin54g' everywhere! I am going to find out which of my neighbours has the Belkin and get one of those.

PIR Infrared Auto Sensor Motion Detector Keyhole LED Light Lamp
PIR Infrared Auto Sensor Motion Detector Keyhole LED Light Lamp
Offered by BeautyMall(Shipped from HongKong)
Price: 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 8 Mar 2013
I was not expecting too much as this item is so cheap, but it actually works very well. The PIRs have not failed, the LEDs stay on just long enough to use the key and the light is plenty bright enough.

My only grouse is that although the item comes in a range of colours, I couldn't see a way to select a preference. I really wanted a white one but got silver, so I will have to paint it to match the door. There are quite a few different suppliers of this kind of light so when I buy another I will look for a supplier who offers a colour choice.

ScanME  Barcode & QR-Code Scanner
ScanME Barcode & QR-Code Scanner
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and free, 8 Mar 2013
I tried a few other free scanners, but most came with more intrusive advertising. There are ads with the free version of this one but I found them less annoying. Presumably you can pay for an ad-free version but thankfully you don't get a reminder every time you use it. Weirdly, on my phone at least, the page text offering options such as opening the web browser appears upside down, but it is no problem to turn the phone over. Has worked on every QRcode tried so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3