Profile for Mrs. J. A. Spinks > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. A. Spinks

Mrs. J. A. Spinks "scarletsox" (cornwall UK)

Royal Canin Oral Sensitive 30 Dry Mix 8 kg
Royal Canin Oral Sensitive 30 Dry Mix 8 kg
Offered by The Pet Shop & Reptile Ranch

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant food but hefty price on here, 8 May 2014
I have 4 beautiful big and bouncy Maine Coons and they know what they like and they love this food above any other dried food.
I use Amazon for lots of things and the subscribe and save can be extremely good value but most definitely not in this case. Zooplus is so much cheaper per single bag but buy 2 and use their stock-up voucher and it's just a smidgen over £72. That's a deal for a crackingly good cat food.

Royal Canin Kitten Maine Coon 36 Dry Mix 4 kg
Royal Canin Kitten Maine Coon 36 Dry Mix 4 kg
Offered by Pet N Pony

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Maine coon kitten food available, 31 Aug 2012
I have had Maine coons for quite some time and always feed my kittens on this and I always advise new owners that feeding their kitten this food will give them the healthiest, well grown kitten that they expect. The down side on buying it from Amazon is the price, on zooplus, not on subscription it's £44.90 for a 10kg bag, that's a huge difference in price and you get zooplus reward points and free delivery and an added 10% discount if your first order and if I'm remembering correctly they have a 'stock up/stock up and save' code when entered gives you a 5% discount. Delivery isn't next day but it is speedy, so come on Amazon be a little more competitive..please.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 2:26 PM GMT

WMA 918 x 2 sheets 2.5~3mm Clear Rhinestone Self Adhesive Diamantes Stick on Gems
Offered by Tinxs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ..and they shine beautifully too, they had a strange job to do and they're good., 8 Aug 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I'd been searching high and low for small diamantes and spent far too much money buying what I hoped would do the job that I had in mind always the result was failure, either too big, no sparkly or so hard and messy to use as to be impossible for me to get a good finish for what I wanted.

I'm not sure how I missed these so many times but I, obviously, eventually spotted them and thought £4.99, it won't break the bank ( earlier i'd paid £12 for approx 70 and they were definitely not what I wanted) so I ordered them and waited for delivery not expecting very much.

What a complete surprise and I mean of the pleasant kind.
They have done exactly what I wanted, quickly, easily and mess free.

I am making my daughters 4tier wedding cake everything was going fine until she decided that instead of the usual 'bride and groom' on the top she wanted something a bit sparkly to go with her stunning sparkly and very tasteful wedding dress and her very sparkling Benjamin Adams shoes.
Thinking caps were put on and finally the decision reached. I would make their initials plus an ampersand 3" tall and in sugar paste, the design was a scrolling font and on wire and I was to then to totally cover them in diamanté.
( quick onset of an headache).
BUT .....
These have made the job a doddle, even when the worse that could happen ....did. Yep I dropped one of the letters and yes it broke, these diamanté saved the day.
They are on very small but extremely strong lengths of sticky glue so I used a small amount of edible glue to keep the letter in place and then I used the diamanté lengths all around the letter crossing the break. It is better than as good as new.
Because these diamanté are small the really do sparkly and dance in the light so if you just want to add even a little sparkle or in my case a huge lot of sparkle these are magnificent and very much upto the job.
And the seller did a great job of speedy delivery. So a huge thank you.

Samsung H Series RSH7UNRS Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Silver
Samsung H Series RSH7UNRS Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Aug 2011
I've given the actual fridge freezer 5 stars because it is truly excellent. Ice and water great. Easy to install and looks fantastic as it doesn't dominate the room. It fits flush to the wall which makes it neat. Both fridge and freezer have lots of room. Some we looked at prior to purchase had quite limited space. Very pleased all round. If I was to 'star' delivery time or price I wouldn't be so generous. I bought through Amazon because it stated dispatch within 24 hours and I needed/wanted it quickly but delivery actually took 5-6 days. I could have bought this for nearly £100 cheaper due to offers from Curries and had it delivered on the same day. You live and learn and next time I research the cheaper priced delivery better next time but it was an expensive lesson. Although I think that if you advise Amazon of the price differences before purchase they might be prepared to meet some of the difference but why go through that hassle. So all in all Fridge Freezer fantastic and I'd highly recommend but look for it cheaper I paid £930 ish. ( can't remember exact price)

Flash Superstore New Ipad 3 & Apple Ipad 2 Smart Gel Case Cover Red Compatible With Genuine Apple Ipad Smart Covers (All versions Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G/4G - 16GB 32GB 64GB)
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars What a steal, 12 July 2011
My husband bought me a new ipad 2 from a local apple seller, whilst there we looked at covers but the cost shocked us. Decided to look on Amazon ( my fav online store) and lo and behold here was this cover in a delicious red colour..just what I wanted and at a price that was less than a 1/3 of what they were selling a tacky plastic cover for locally. This cover is excellent quality, feels nice, looks good and does exactly what I wanted and it's not bulky. Great purchase and speedily delivered. Highly recommend.

Ultra Clear Screen Protector set of 6 for GARMIN nüvi 1490T
Ultra Clear Screen Protector set of 6 for GARMIN nüvi 1490T
Offered by DISAGU protectionfilms

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Aug 2010
Excellent product at an excellent price. Great communication as to how to fit and the fit is perfect and when you follow their instructions it's easy to do. Would recommend to anyone who has had a scratched screen before on a hand held product ( phones etc). Exceptional speed of delivery. Thank you for a good service.

Town & Country HALF Length Classic Wellingtons UK Size 10 TWF835
Town & Country HALF Length Classic Wellingtons UK Size 10 TWF835

5.0 out of 5 stars great wellies, 4 Jun 2010
These are excellent length for my husband to slip them on and off easily but they stay firmly on the foot when wearing. He's really pleased with them and they are wearing well. Not sure that they are designed for heavy Fell Walking but for good general use in the garden and allotment they are excellent. Would recommend.

Collins English Dictionary: 30th Anniversary Edition
Collins English Dictionary: 30th Anniversary Edition
by Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 14 Nov 2009
Great book. If you want an easy to use good english dictionary this is it. I bought it to assist me in beating my sister at scrabble and it's proving to be good at it's given job.

Hama WDS-300 USB Weather Data Station
Hama WDS-300 USB Weather Data Station
Offered by Melgray

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed of callington, 8 May 2009
I wish I'd read about this better and had understood more clearly just what this is. If you want an expensive gadget that tells you the weather from the internet this is for you ..however if you want a weather station that gives you local readings then ny advice ...don't buy this.

Joking Apart: Complete BBC Series 1
Joking Apart: Complete BBC Series 1
Dvd ~ Robert Bathurst

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit as good as I remembered, 8 May 2009
This is an hilarious comedy and well worth watching. And in series 2 it just gets better. Why oh why no series 3.