Profile for Jaroson > Reviews

Werewolf Kids Purple T-Shirt
Offered by Grindstore
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Howlingly Good., 21 Mar 2013
I bought this t shirt for my three year old who was obsessed with being a werewolf over the christmas period. She absolutely loved it. The t shirt is good quality and the print is good and colourful. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

RTY Mens Smart Workwear Cotton Chinos Trousers Black, Navy, Stone
RTY Mens Smart Workwear Cotton Chinos Trousers Black, Navy, Stone

1.0 out of 5 stars An unfortunate pairing., 17 April 2012
So, a couple of months on from purchasing these trousers and they're in the bin. Poorly made, the stitching came apart from the belt loops after a few weeks and the main section of the pants came away from the belt line. I unzipped them one evening and the crotch fell away.

I had thought they were a good price and was happy with them when they arrived, but their construction hasn't stood the test of time. I certainly wouldn't buy them again.

Half Face Neoprene Ski Mask - Plain Black
Half Face Neoprene Ski Mask - Plain Black
Offered by General Stores Online
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed mask, 2 Dec 2011
I ordered this item to take with me on my Yorkshire Three Peaks trek and am really glad I did. The weather took a nasty turn on the 2nd peak and for the first time I used this item. It kept my face quite warm in the pelting hail and I found it to make the next climb a far more pleasant one.
Recommended.

Marvel Universe 3 3/4" Action Figures - Thor
Marvel Universe 3 3/4" Action Figures - Thor
Offered by theactionstation
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Thunderous Gift!, 2 Dec 2011
I ordered this little guy as I thought he was a stunning representation of the Marvel Thor, and he is. Complete with Mjolnir he now stands threateningly atop my pc (give it to the kids? You must be mad!)
Doc Strange and Captain Britain are next on my list but I would recommend this item to anyone, whether they're interested in the comics, the film or the viking legends themselves.
Fab stuff.

Regatta Action Trousers
Regatta Action Trousers
Price: 5.29 - 27.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Regatta Action Trousers (Apparel)
I tried a number of hiking trousers over 2010 but none came close to this pair. Love em. They are hard wearing and I'm still using them over a year later. That's good durability. They've done the 3 peaks, Pendle Hill and Hadrian's wall. Not bad going for that price!

Whisper [DVD]
Whisper [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josh Holloway
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising success, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Whisper [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my girlfriend because Josh Holloway was putting in an appearance. I didn't expect much of it and thought it would be some formulaic thriller nonsense but was very pleasantly surprised.
A strong cast and yes, Josh Holloway essentially continues to play 'Sawyer' but the plot in general was well done and I certainly didn't see the ending coming.
I would recommend this film to all - a particularly good movie for watching in the run up to Christmas!

The Last Exorcism [DVD]
The Last Exorcism [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ashley Bell
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 4.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't pay Oodles., 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Last Exorcism [DVD] (DVD)
After deciding that I'd get a ton of new horror flicks for my much neglected DVD I purchased the Last Exorcism. It's had some beatings in the reviews but I found it to be not that bad.
Yep, it's a mocumentary and I'm all for those, though the formula certainly isn't ground breaking. The acting is well done and I thought the casting was very good indeed.
I agree with others who say that the final scene is a little over the top and a reach of the imagination but as long as you don't shell out a great deal of money on this film then it can be an interesting diversion for an evening. It has the added benefit of being the only horror flick in five years of actually making me jump. It was only once, but it was there. Having seen the film I would recommend it with the proviso of 'Don't pay oodles' for it!