Profile for AnyB > Reviews

Content by AnyB

AnyB "AnyB" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Summer Fire: Love When It's Hot
Summer Fire: Love When It's Hot

1.0 out of 5 stars Given up, 31 May 2015
Unsatisfied
Just started the series and given up. After reading two stories I am just feeling frustrated. Genita Low's story have left me completely unmoved. And I only ordered this because something new from her was being published! I love her books. But this was.... Nothing. Perhaps bevause the stories have to be short, it didn't have the time to let me get feel for characters and let me in.

Second story I read was Sinful by RJ Lewis. Liked the story, BUT... It's only 1 part, second will be published some other time... And you only find out after googling, that second part is not even published yet.. WTH???? Just left me utterly dissapointed, and regretting even the £0.99 I spent on this series..

Moved onto a real book now, with full story and developed characters. Might come to this later, perhaps read the stories recommended by the reviewers who got preview, but we'll see when I run out of material.

Hush Puppies Chamber 14", Women's Boots, Black, 5 UK
Hush Puppies Chamber 14", Women's Boots, Black, 5 UK
Offered by DMS Sportsworld

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes - too big around calf, 15 Dec. 2014
Nice shoes, but despite measuring myself and being 14" around my calf at the widest point, when the shoes arrived they were far too big.

Vogue Patterns V8380 Size AAX 4-6-8-10 Misses' Dress
Vogue Patterns V8380 Size AAX 4-6-8-10 Misses' Dress

3.0 out of 5 stars carefull about sizing!, 11 Oct. 2013
It is a good dress and good pattern.
Good price from the US.

But if this is your first Vogue pattern, be carefull about the sizing!! I don't know why the product description on here doesn't give you Vogue pattern sizing, I wouldn't have ordered too small a pattern then..
That is the reason for only 3 stars. Also it took a while to arrive (it did go from US though!! But not for people excited to wait their sewing project soon).

CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's
CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as Nespresso, 11 Oct. 2013
I have to say I like this, it is as good as Nespresso, I cannot really taste the difference. But then I have a lot of milk in mine.
However I would just buy Nespresso if I didn't have Amazon vouchers as I cannot see a point of paying the same/more for coffee that is not Nespresso.
The only difference in price is postage (Nescaffe I would have to pay for postage or drive to the shop).
That is why I only gave it 4 stars.

The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Easy, Calorie Counted Fast Day Meals You'll Love
by Kate Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing much, 4 Sept. 2013
I have read all the great reviews and decided to purchase the book.
I have to say I am not very impressed. There are about 3 recipes I will cook and that is it.
We are one of the people who follow the diet on 2-3 meals a day and I am struggling for recipes for under 200 cals. This book did not tell me more then I already knew in that sense. And to cook 500 cals recipes in 1 meal is not a rocket science.
Also there is very few pictures.
Not very impressed, back to square one looking for good ideas and recipes.

From The Heart
From The Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: From The Heart (Kindle Edition)
Very nice few feel good stories...
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just sit down with a glass of wine and relax!

CND Shellac Red Baroness 7.3ml Gel Colour UV3 polish
CND Shellac Red Baroness 7.3ml Gel Colour UV3 polish
Offered by Ella Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing colour, 15 Jan. 2013
I own the whole Shellac system (apart from the lamp, that is bog standar UV lamp purchased on Amazon rather then the real Shellac lamp) and I love it.
This is my most favourite colour. And my sister's, my friend's and my mother in law's. So much we had to buy 1 each. Even my husband's (not that he wears it lol).
It is very rich dark red, the kind of red that is sexy without looking slutish. Very elegant.

My Ruthless Prince: Number 4 in series (Inferno Club)
My Ruthless Prince: Number 4 in series (Inferno Club)
by Gaelen Foley

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Gaelen, 13 Jun. 2012
This was bought as a present and unfortunately I wasn't able to borrow the book myself yet.
Gaelen Foley is one of our most favourite writers of historic romance and never yet have dissapointed.

If you like this, you MUST read The Duke, but it is different series - there is 7 books in that series and those were our first Gaelen books that made us big fans.

Orly Sec 'N' Dry Quick Dry Topcoat 18ml
Orly Sec 'N' Dry Quick Dry Topcoat 18ml
Offered by NY Fashion101

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Jun. 2012
I think this does what it says on the tin. I usually put 3 layers, the rubberised base (from Orly) and 2 layers of vanish and then this topcoat and within few minutes it is dry enough to carry on with your daily duties.
Also adds nice shine as a final finish.

Oki 9002303 Ribbon Black
Oki 9002303 Ribbon Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, 13 Jun. 2012
Bought this to replace ribbon in my Oki Microline 3320 payslip printer. The old ribbon lasted years, but it got too light.
Ribbon arrived pretty quick, I was worried about changing it as I've never done that before but it was very very simple. Just lifted the old one and put in the new one. Job done.

Page: 1 | 2