Profile for Mrs Janet Holt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Speedo Women's Fit Kickback Swimsuit - Navy/Ignite, 38 Inch
Speedo Women's Fit Kickback Swimsuit - Navy/Ignite, 38 Inch

2.0 out of 5 stars Promises a lot, delivers little!, 24 Jan. 2015
Not the right style for me! Comes up small! Back to Land's End!

Gibsons Games Shut the Box
Gibsons Games Shut the Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Shut The Box! A Must-Have!, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gibsons Games Shut the Box (Toy)
Buy this for your kids! Put one in every primary school! Brilliant simple way for children to start putting numbers together!

Mr. Men The Night Before Christmas (Mr. Men & Little Miss Celebrations)
Mr. Men The Night Before Christmas (Mr. Men & Little Miss Celebrations)
by Roger Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Hargreaves hit!, 29 Dec. 2014
This went down very well in our house! Slick Hargreaves style and funny too! Great pictures as ever!

Night Before Christmas (Picturebacks)
Night Before Christmas (Picturebacks)
by Clement C. Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional retelling and beautifully illustrated book?, 29 Dec. 2014
Beautiful book! Loved it!

T'was the Night Before Christmas - Italian Style
T'was the Night Before Christmas - Italian Style
by Elena M Romanelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother! Horrible book!, 29 Dec. 2014
Absolute rubbish! Beware! Not a children's book! Threw it in the recycling! We are an Italian family and we don't talk like this! Should come with a warning!

Believe No One
Believe No One

5.0 out of 5 stars Fennimore is such a super hero!, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Believe No One (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book! I read the first one and waited and waited for this one! Very clever, realistic and totally absorbing!

The Great Beauty [DVD]
The Great Beauty [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toni Servillo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure!, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Great Beauty [DVD] (DVD)
I was recommended this film as one of the best ever seen etc ....but it didn't quite do it for me! I am an Italian speaker and usually love arty type films but I found this slow and aimless! It meandered around the main characters a bit like a wasp at a picnic, and yes it is beautiful but a 10 year old could make a beautiful in Rome!

Not one of my best buys!

Oxford Reading Tree Songbirds: Levels 1+ and 2: Get Started With Julia Donaldson's Phonics Story Collection
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little starter scheme., 28 Jun. 2014
Bought these for my 3 year old grand daughter who is starting to do her letters at nursery as a bit of home back up. The stories are simple one-line to a page and repetitive word sounds. Bright and colour full and a great success here!

Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Black (Black), 5 UK (38 EU)
Fitflop Lulu, Women Flat sandals, Black (Black), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast delivery!, 28 Jun. 2014
Needed these in a hurry and got them too!

Easy peasy ordering and communication so I knew exactly when they were going to arrive!

Highly recommended if you haven't had fitflops before! Make your feet feel fab and a holiday must-have! They look great on the beach or out to dinner and once you try them, you never go back!

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

3.0 out of 5 stars A hard read!, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
I know this has won all sorts of awards and I know it's a brilliantly research epic tale....but I found it really hard work! My husband and I are both reading it at the moment and we're both struggling to finish it as it's not the sort of book you can just pick up for a ten minute fill in read! YOU NEED TO REALLY CONCENTRATE! Part of this is because of Hillary Mantel style of writing. She has written the story through Thomas Cromwell's eyes and just refers to him as He and sometimes it's a surprise that he's even in the scene being described. I wanted to move on to Bring Up The Bodies but I'm so bored with the subject it may have to wait a few years! I read that it is being made into a play. Not one I'll be seeing I'm afraid! Sorry to be so negative but I just found it dull!

Page: 1 | 2