Profile for aerob13a > Reviews

Content by aerob13a

aerob13a "ASM" (United Kingdom)

Insight Guides: Italy
Insight Guides: Italy

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor substitute for the paper addition!, 17 Nov. 2012
I am sorry to state the following as I am a huge fan of Insight Guides..........sadly; when downloaded onto my iPad, I find this Kindle addition to be a poor substitute for the paperback. I will not be purchasing another Kindle Insight Guide anytime soon.

Parade's End [DVD]
Parade's End [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Parade's End, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Parade's End [DVD] (DVD)
Magic, Magic production!

Tom Stoppard wrote the screen play for Parade's End, the story is a fantastic amalgamation of three excellent books. The location choices for the production scenes are just perfect. While the acting ability of all cast members interpret the characters innermost emotions with remarkable skill.

Buy it, watch it and enjoy the experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 3:31 PM GMT

Discover France: Monaco Books
Discover France: Monaco Books
by Monaco Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A Jolly Good Guide!, 2 July 2012
My daughter recently purchased this book for me , wasting no time we have followed some sections of the suggested routes in Normandy and Brittany. In short, we think that this is a super book which is well illustrated with routes that are well worth a `canter' around.

Europe Road Atlas 1:800000 (Insight Atlas)
Europe Road Atlas 1:800000 (Insight Atlas)
by Insight
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fine Book From Insight., 22 July 2009
This Insight Road Atlas is yet another fine book from the publishers of the excellent Insight Guides. It is compact yet detailed enough to allow a European traveler to plan and execute a road trip without the need for lots of different maps or other atlas. A real boon for the motorcycle rider, motor campers, caravaners or motorhome users and the perfect companion for the GPS satnav.

Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS
Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoodie............, 16 Jun. 2009
Super service from Amazon and a Lens Hood which I am able to fit perfectly on my lens! I do not leave home without my "hoodie".

Tiffen 72mm UV Protector Filter
Tiffen 72mm UV Protector Filter
Offered by Wilbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Perrrrfect Protector?, 16 Jun. 2009
Excellent service from Amazon and a mighty fine filter too. A much cheaper option than buying a new lens in the event of damage.

Lexar 8GB 233X CF Card
Lexar 8GB 233X CF Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic............pure MAGIC!, 18 May 2009
This CF card was delivered so swiftly by Amazon that I was able to test it fully on a visit to a recent Polo Match. I had anticipated having to download my 1GB cards repeatedly so that I could keep up with the action; however, I did not need to do so with this 8GB card while recording the shots taken on my Canon 50D.
I noticed no slowdown while my camera was writing large JPEG files to the card in burst mode and the subsequent download onto my laptop was perceptively quicker than with any of my older cards.
Some might say that this initial experience of mine was not a very scientific test by which to judge this card, but few of us have access to the requisite scientific instruments which are required to disprove my impressions.

Proporta Alu-Leather Case (Apple iPhone Series) - Book Type
Proporta Alu-Leather Case (Apple iPhone Series) - Book Type

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Leather Case - shame about the practicalities!, 23 Jan. 2009
I purchased this case from Amazon in the middle of last year and remain completely satisfied with the standard of service from Amazon. However, I fully concur with the other reviewers in regard to the shortcomings of this case.

Twice now my phone has fallen out of the case while in use; I forever have to check the ringer volume control to ensure that the volume has not been lessened, also, that I have not activated the silent mode switch - both are all too regular occurrences!

On the up side the leather is still in pristine condition and I choose to make allowances for the aforementioned shortcomings.