Profile for the-peoples-poet > Reviews

the-peoples-poet (Northern Ireland)

Noble England
Noble England

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Noble England (MP3 Download)
Rik is amazing in this as he is in everything else he has done. I love him always and will miss him so much more. 😢

The Best of The Comic Strip Presents [DVD]
The Best of The Comic Strip Presents [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! I can complete my collection!, 11 Jan. 2014
Being a Rik Mayall fan all my life - well, since I was 3 - I have collected everything he has ever done. The more I can get on official release the better and this official release is extremely welcome. The newer episodes of the Comic Strip films are on this DVD set and they are excellent. There is even the documentary celebrating 30 years of the Comic Strip films included and this set is worth purchasing for that show alone. Some of the old characters like Den and Spider from Bad News are re-introduced to us all again in a very funny way.

Yes, it's a bit sad that the newer episodes were not just released on their own, but this set will introduce people to some of the other older Comic Strip films if they have not seen them before and hopefully this will inspire them to locate and purchase the previous DVD box set of the films.

Peter Richardson is a modern day genius, in my eyes, and he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Hopefully more people will buy this and spread the word about what proper comedy and satire is really all about.

The Last Hurrah (Series One) [Explicit]
The Last Hurrah (Series One) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars The best adult bedtime story ever., 9 April 2013
I am a huge Rik Mayall fan, I have been since I was 3 and everything he's done has been fabulous to me and this is no exception. Elton, the character he plays, is glorious. An unscrupulous, lovable old immortal snowman, this is one of Rik's characters that deserves to go down in legend.

The series centres on Elton's adventures, all retold in very colourful detail, in The Last Hurrah, an exclusive private drinking club. The other characters of Bonjour Hellfire - played by Dave Dutton, Randy Hardy - played by Rik, Fabio Conte - played by Duncan Pow and Corky (Elton's nemesis) played by Michael Cudlipp are all outstanding.

Wonderful and raucous stories swarming in filth played out by a sensational cast, this is something for fans and non-fans alike to get into. The extremely clever and highly witty scripts are written by two very talented and twisted minds called Craig Green and Dominic Vince, with co-writing credits attributed to Rik.

If you love twisted toilet humour and sensational voice acting all served up in an atmosphere of filth and fury then buy this. Cult classic status guaranteed.

Believe - Single
Believe - Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful song from a wonderfun new band., 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Believe - Single (MP3 Download)
Beautiful melodic lyrics and vocals set to a hard rocking soundtrack. This is what paradise sounds like. Modern poetry at its most beautiful.

Incandescent
Incandescent

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful new band, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Incandescent (MP3 Download)
Only the second band this century, and only the second band in about 14 years that I have actually got into. Their stuff is fabulous. Reminds me of Def Leppard, hard rocking music with beautiful, thoughtful and melodic lyrics. Their songs are what I call 'sunny music' they are so uplifting and you can't help but be cheered when you hear them. Perfect tonic for a gloomy day. Give them a listen, you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to their first album release which I hope is soon!

At Last Smith And Jones Vol.1 [DVD]
At Last Smith And Jones Vol.1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mel Smith
Offered by Revelation Films Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, excellent, fabulous but incomplete., 30 Dec. 2011
Just received this in the mail today. This is a wonderful release. Yes, like others I am sad that the BBC don't release full series of their classics, but just best of compliations. They don't seem to realise us fans need it all, not just bits! Hilarious from start to finish, esp the segment in Alas Sage And Onion where Tony Slattery hosts a game show called Biggotry. Just wonderful. Wonderful to see the Home Made Xmas Video again. The 'swapping' of the turkeys and the punch cocktail Len makes in the bin with the fairy liquid top, gross but wonderful. Hearing Griff say 'Tha Xmos Tree' in his Brummie accent always has me in stitches.

Highly recommended purchase. Some of their works being officially released on DVD is better than none at all.

Infiniti Classic 16X DVD+R 4.7Gb Cakebox (25pk)
Infiniti Classic 16X DVD+R 4.7Gb Cakebox (25pk)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bargain!, 27 Jun. 2011
Excellent value for money. I have had no issues whatsoever with any of the discs in this pack and I will certainly be buying another pack soon. I can highly recommend them to anyone else. They were well packaged for shipping too. All round top seller of an equally top product.

Rowan Atkinson's The Atkinson People (Classic BBC Radio Comedy)
Rowan Atkinson's The Atkinson People (Classic BBC Radio Comedy)
by Rowan Atkinson
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this., 30 Sept. 2010
I have to disagree with the comments above, I absolutely love and adore this cd. It is still as fresh and funny and different now as I am sure it was in 1979. I was not around back then, but I heard these for the first time when they were repeated on BBC Radio 7 and I instantly fell in love with them.

Sir Corin is pompous and thinks he is more inportant than he actually is and is wound up by Rowan's interviewer character, Sir Benjamin Fletcher is seemingly a jack-of-all-trades and thinks people look up to him more than they do, George Dupont, philosophical thinker extrordinaire; has people constantly asking what 'it' is and has a narrator who is obsessed with the linguistic texture of the word Dordoigne and last but not least, my favourite of all, the Pope Of Pop himself Barry Good; dumped the Do Gooders and went on to wonderful solo acclaim and fortune. This episode sees, I think, Rowan at his most wonderful. All those comedy songs in this episode are hilarious and with lines like 'all the girls will say wow wow because my back's all peeling', it instantly became a classic to my ears. I think this is one of Rowan's finest performances; kept in the structure of a sitcom but sufficiently surreal and avant guarde enough to still sound fresh and modern today.

I can't recommend it highly enough and I am glad I can now own a copy to play as often as my heart desires.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain White T-Shirt, 15 Sept. 2010
Bought this for my cousin as part of her Christmas present (I am getting in early, I hate Christmas) and while I can't comment on how this garment washes, I can say that I was satisfied with the t-shirt. It will be nice and cooling for her if she wears it in the Summer and also light enough to wear under a sweatshirt to provide her with an extra layer of warmth in the winter. Personally, I would think about what size you normally buy for your child, and then get the size or possibly two sizes bigger. From previous experience, for myself, some things can shrink a bit in the wash so getting the bigger size or two should compensate for that.

Jasper Carrott - Beat The Carrott: Live At The London Palladium [DVD]
Jasper Carrott - Beat The Carrott: Live At The London Palladium [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jasper Carrott

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fabulous!, 27 Feb. 2006
This is Jasper Carrott giving one of his fines performances. I have been a Jasper Carrott fan all my life and I have this on video from years ago and I watch it endlessly. If you are a Jasper Carrott fan, then you may need to purchase this to update a tired old vhs copy and if you are not a fan, buy it anyway, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2010 4:33 PM BST