Profile for Steven Green > Reviews

Sinbad - The Persian Prince [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Bo Svensen
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad. Deceptive., 31 Dec. 2013
The story is not good. However, this is made worse by a cover and description that bears no relation to the film content. It is set in the modern day, so if you were expecting swashbuckling and sorcery you will be disappointed with this substandard tale. Reminiscent of the film "Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft" insofar as the packaging is totally deceptive.

My recommendation? Avoid.

Live At The Rainbow 1973
Live At The Rainbow 1973

1.0 out of 5 stars No CD, 23 Sept. 2013
The one star review is solely because the CD was not present in the jewel case. Consequently I cannot say I enjoyed the music, and this was compounded by the hassle of returning the packaging. The refund was relatively quick, though. If the live performance was anything like the 1976 live CDs, it was not a great loss. I think I will stick with their studio recordings - at least they are in tune.

Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft [DVD]
Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft [DVD]
Dvd ~ Booboo Stewart
Offered by SweetBuzzards

1.0 out of 5 stars Can it really be this bad?, 13 Aug. 2013
Simple answer: yes.

The other one-star reviews have covered the salient points; the reviews are more entertaining than the film.

I too bought this thinking it was the high profile movie. My mistake. I found myself watching for afro-boy but even that was in a car-crash sort of way.

The funny thing is that this is the second time in one week that I've found myself watching a DVD I'd bought thinking it was a different film. I was watching a different animated Puss n Boots (French origin) rather than the Shrek spin-off. That film had some redeeming qualities nevertheless. This one doesn't.

Buyer beware.

Pocket Surfer 2 Wireless Internet Appliance
Pocket Surfer 2 Wireless Internet Appliance

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good, but now..., 4 July 2013
I bought one some years ago when I didn't have Internet access. It gave me access to my Gmail account but was fiddly in writing all but the briefest emails. Handy for checking your inbox though. I also used it for my Amazon and SAA purchases.

Now, Datawind have made some change to their servers. This makes the device barely usable. Some buttons don't work. It takes at least three attempts to make a Google search. The GPRS continually reports you are in London when you are not. Text boxes usually do not accept text.

I am sure that a change at the server end would fix this. When I rang customer support (I must have been lucky to get through on this occasion) they told me to try again in an hour and all was well. Unfortunately this was temporary and is now as bad as it was.

The telephone support now is not manned and email requests for help are bounced back. Checking on the Internet it would appear that support is not given, and there are problems with their newer products. Do your own research before laying out any cash and be warned about the lack of support.

Datawind PocketSurfer2 - Portable Internet Device
Datawind PocketSurfer2 - Portable Internet Device

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good, but now..., 4 July 2013
I bought one some years ago when I didn't have Internet access. It gave me access to my Gmail account (but was fiddly in writing all but the briefest emails. Handy for checking your inbox though. I also used it for my Amazon and SAA purchases.

Now, Datawind have made some change to their servers. This makes the device barely usable. Some buttons don't work. It takes at least three attempts to make a Google search. The GPRS continually reports you are in London when you as not. Text boxes usually do not accept text.

The telephone support now is not manned and email requests for help are bounded back. Checking on the Internet it would appear that support is not given, and there are problems with their newer products. Do your own research before laying out any cash and be warned about the lack of support.