Profile for Tiago Guedes > Reviews

Content by Tiago Guedes

Tiago Guedes (Lisbon, Portugal)

Amazon: pay living wages to your workers
Amazon: pay living wages to your workers
by Amazon Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars Full support, 11 Jun. 2014
The Amazon workers have my full support in their struggle for better working conditions and fair pay. Since I have seen the documentary on Amazon UK working conditions, I have drastically reduced the amount of items I buy at amazon.co.uk, so Amazon board should be aware that, although a share of their public is only focused on consumerism, a large part is also worried about living conditions, and in the end that is all that matters.

I should also add that since you decided to put an end to super saver delivery to European countries, I have not ordered a single item from you and I will continue to do so until you change your attitude towards the business. I would not mind paying for postage if the profit was being shared with your workers. Instead you increase your profit by removing super saver delivery, but your workers receive the same pay.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 8:30 PM BST

XCOM Enemy Unknown (PS3)
XCOM Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but highly addictive..., 6 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I will not write a long review, because others have already done so and in excellent detail.
I just wanted to compliment the teams that made this game because it is amazingly fun and addictive. I have always been a PC gamer and played the original game a long time ago. So the best compliment I can give is that this is the only PS3 game I have played, that makes me forget I have a remote controller in my hand and that I am sitting in a couch. At moments, it feels like I am sitting in my desk, in front of my trusty 486 DX266MHz, completely immersed in the game. It brings back a lot of memories, with the advantage of modern graphics, of course.
Buy this, without any hesitation. If you enjoy a challenge and are tired of all the endless and boring FPS franchises, then this is for you.

Sharpe: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1993]
Sharpe: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description, 9 Jan. 2008
This is an excellent series and there is nothing I could say that has not already been said.
I would just like to point out that the image Amazon posted of this edition is wrong. The collection I received does not include the "Exclusive Chronicles Booklet" and the "19th Century Battle Map", only the Bonus Disc "Sharpe The Legend". And this is not the case of a faulty edition, because the text has been removed from the cardboard box. Those items have been removed by the editor and Amazon is displaying an old picture.
A bit disappointing, because I was quite interested in the map also.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2008 11:01 PM GMT

The Tudors: Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2007]
The Tudors: Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

1.0 out of 5 stars Prejudice, 12 Oct. 2007
This series is well acted, but has some huge historical mistakes and a strong prejudice towards the Portuguese in one particular episode. Apparently our court was the only one living in the Dark Ages, entirely composed of small insidious creatures that are portrayed as complete pigs with the rather strange habit of invading the King's room to watch him copulate with the British Princess. Just laughable. Our Castle of São Jorge is also terribly drawn in the landscape shots. It is actually on a hill and not near the river as it is shown. So, as a Portuguese, I would have enjoyed a little less prejudice and more interest shown in investigating our history. The series has some interest, but being based on historical events, it has to be more historically accurate.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2007 7:43 PM GMT