Profile for Bakes > Reviews

Content by Bakes

Bakes "selig suffolk" (Ipswich)

Page: 1 | 2
Peace Love & Dixie
Peace Love & Dixie

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah memories sweet memories...., 9 May 2015
This review is from: Peace Love & Dixie (Audio CD)
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I was at the Garage when the live tracks were recorded, and the band were fantastic. listening to this brings it back every time. The other tracks on the EP are just great, typical of the band that offers southern rock with a gritty honest twist.

Bhangra Beatz
Bhangra Beatz

5.0 out of 5 stars juat a great, fun 'listen'!, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bhangra Beatz (Audio CD)
I just wanted an all round bhangra sound to enjoy when in the mood, and this does the job - brilliantly!

Now That's What I Call Musicals
Now That's What I Call Musicals
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a purchase to provide background music for Xmas, 4 Jan. 2013
but I havent heard it as its been played whilst I was out, however, the rest of the family tell me its very good.

Crystal Clear Hard Back Case Cover, Smart Cover Compatible for iPad 2 3 4
Crystal Clear Hard Back Case Cover, Smart Cover Compatible for iPad 2 3 4

3.0 out of 5 stars its OK, 4 Jan. 2013
this is on my wifes ipad. Its ok, quite solid, and is protecting the machine,but the corners are already chipped which is a bit disappointing.

The Royal Ballet - Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
The Royal Ballet - Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Lauren Cuthbertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning, 4 Jan. 2013
I saw this on the tv, and felt complled to buy it for myself. This is a simply stunning production. Nuff said.

Songs my father taught me
Songs my father taught me

5.0 out of 5 stars I havent heard this, 4 Jan. 2013
I bought for my mum, but she said it reminded her of the songs her father used to sing and made her cry, I guess that is some sort of result?

Greatest Ever Prog Rock: The Definitive Collection
Greatest Ever Prog Rock: The Definitive Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars A good range of interesting stuff, 4 Jan. 2013
This was a good buy, some well known and some less well known tracks, for the price it was fine.

Black Country Communion 2
Black Country Communion 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Accomplished and classy, 25 Dec. 2011
This a classy album by a group of accomplished musicians who - as a combo - just get better and better. As the CD cover says, this is a bit darker and edgier, but its a great listen. Indeed,its so good I bought it for someone else as a Xmas present - twice!

Cameron Sino Extended High Capacity Battery 2200mAh with Grey Cover for HTC Tattoo
Offered by UK Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars its a better battery - but the phone is still poor, 2 Jun. 2011
After owning the HTC tattoo for a few months the battery life deteriorated significantly - an over night charge only lasted until 6pm the following day. This battery is better, although it does make the phone bulky. Its a shame that the battery can't improve the phone in other ways - this has to be the worst phone I've ever owned, it switches itself off, the battery life was poor, the touch screen is sloppy, overall - can't wait to get a blackberry.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 7:52 AM GMT

The Shooting in the Shop (The Fethering Mysteries)
The Shooting in the Shop (The Fethering Mysteries)
by Simon Brett

3.0 out of 5 stars this is an arms length review because..., 30 Mar. 2011
...I haven't read this book - sorry. However, I buy them for my wife and from what she says these books are a good read, quite good fun and eminently enjoyable. She says that they just 'bowl along' at a good pace and are - quite simply - a good story that is not too demanding and ideal for a bed time read. She also enjoys the Agatha Raisin series. I've rated it as a three star because to me that sounds like its 'OK', although if it was a CJ Sansom or Iain Banks I'd have given it 5 stars....!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2011 3:40 PM BST