Profile for C. J. Hacking > Reviews

Content by C. J. Hacking

C. J. Hacking "cjh" (Lincoln)

Page: 1 | 2
Griffin PowerJolt Plus 10 Watt In-car Charger for iPad/iPhone/iPod - Black
Griffin PowerJolt Plus 10 Watt In-car Charger for iPad/iPhone/iPod - Black
Offered by Branded and New
Price: 11.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Deserves 0 stars for reliability - real shame., 3 Aug 2014
Warning: deserves 0 stars. Great idea, neat package, but in the last year I've only used it about 20 times and now it's failed. Real shame. Don't waste your money.

Philips Shaver Series 5000 with DualPrecision Shaving and Pop-up Trimmer PT860/17
Price: 67.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, good shave but quite large, 5 April 2013
After 25 years my old Philips twin head shaver with trimmer packed in. No equivalent twin head with trimmer available - a real pity - size and shape of old one is brilliant. This is quiet, gives me a close shave without next day shaving rash.

I am slightly disappointed that it doesn't come with a case (my old one did) and it's just that bit bigger than my old one, but I need the trimmer.

On the good side it's much quieter than my old one.

Plackers Flossers, Micro Mint, 90 ct.
Plackers Flossers, Micro Mint, 90 ct.
Offered by International Wholesale (ships from U.S.A.)
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flossers around, 16 Aug 2011
At last I've got some more Plackers flossers. Why or why can't I find them in the shops here. Have tried others which shred, break, get trapped between my teeth or feel like an abrasive file. Using these is a dream by comparison. At the time I bought them I was sent the bonus pack with an extra 20 free.

Canon PowerShot S95 Digital Camera (High Sensitivity 10 Megapixel, 3.8x Zoom, 3.0 inch LCD Screen) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, High Price, Easy to Use, 28 Jun 2011
I wanted a compact camera to use as an alternative to my Nikon SLR for occasions when carrying around a big camera is too awkward for the occasion. With this compact camera people don't really notice it, so it's been good to get some candid shots of family and friends. I had considered the Canon G10, but really wanted something smaller, that can fit in my pocket yet had a range of controls to put me in control when I wanted. It's very good. I haven't been disappointed. Taking advantage of an f2 setting to push background out of focus and low light performance seems very good and easy to achieve.

Conclusion: Expensive but no regrets.

Tip: Consider the Lowepro Napoli 20 case at about 7 as a good alternative case to the expensive Canon ones. Suits me, cheap, good quality and can still fit camera in my pocket. Space for SD card inside, spare battery inside belt loop (tight fit). Picked idea up on Flickr.

Verbatim DVD+R LightScribe V1.2 Spindle (25 Pack) (43676)
Verbatim DVD+R LightScribe V1.2 Spindle (25 Pack) (43676)

4.0 out of 5 stars Verbatim high quality recording but medium contrast lightscribe, 26 Dec 2010
Have always enjoyed Verbatims good recording quality, but compared to Infiniti, I have to say that the contrast of the Lightscribe isn't quite as good, so loses 1 star
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2011 10:26 AM BST

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians - White
Price: 17.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Protect yourself, 21 Oct 2010
Too many live concerts are simply too loud - you come out of the audiorium with your ears ringing. If like me, you go to one too many, you end up with tinnitus a permanent ringing in your ears. The way to protect yourself and remove lots of distortion from the building acoustics is to wear ear protection. These allow you to hear the music, enjoy it and go home afterwards without your ears ringing. I only wish I'd got some of these these earlier.

BPM Twin Pack - Leather Flip Case and Protective Armour Silicone Gel Case & screen Protector for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation 4 4g 8gb 32gb 64gb
Offered by BPM UK LTD
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection, style and usability, 3 Jan 2010
So you've bought your iPod Touch, really like it and want to protect it with something that's offers some protection if you drop it, provides screen protection when it's in your pocket yet you want some style too. This black leather flip case fits the bill. It has that great feel of soft natural leather, grips the ipod with a push fit, yet allows you the user to use and charge the iPod without having to take it out of the flip case. Magnets hold the case front to the case with just the right strength of grip to hold together yet allow easy flipping up the front cover. It's an excellent mixture of style, protection and usability rolled into one.

And if you want a screen protector too, there's one thrown in for free. The product though represents great value without the screen protector. Delivered quick too!

NIKON FSA03701 SB-400 Speedlight Flash
NIKON FSA03701 SB-400 Speedlight Flash

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference to the built in flash, 9 Dec 2009
This is the cheapest of the Nikon Speedlight range. There's no fancy controls. It simply slots in, then you lock it into position and switch on. Even with just 2 AA batteries to power it, it recycles really fast and seems to go on forever. With my Nikon D80, exposure is great. It just works.

Add a Sto-fen diffuser and you'll get the best from it. If you switch from the built in flash to using this speedlight you'll never go back to the cold, harsh illumination that's OK but not quite right.

Use this and you'll spend more time on composing better photos rather than worrying about the light. Recommended.

London 0 Hull 4
London 0 Hull 4
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 80's album that stands the test of time, 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: London 0 Hull 4 (Audio CD)
When I'm looking for new albums from years gone by, I often wonder if what I remember of the group is actually as good as I remembered. When I got this album, I was surprised - it's actually better than I expected. Paul Heaton's voice is simply superb. A great mix of songs too.

For me it's better than anything I've heard from Beautiful South and they were good. Recommended.

OM-400 Omni-Bounce Flash Diffuser for Nikon SB-400
OM-400 Omni-Bounce Flash Diffuser for Nikon SB-400
Offered by Five Star
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for the SB-400, 9 Dec 2009
This very simple product that easily 'push-fits' onto the front of the Nikon SB-400 speedlight. By diffusing the light from the SB-400 it helps avoid harsh shadows and red-eye. I've just completed 300 photographs of children visiting Father Christmas in his Grotto. With the SB-400 and the Sto-Fen unit getting the light right has been a breeze.

If you've invested you're hard earned money on a Nikon SB-400 then it's only a few pounds more to really get the best from it. A great product and a must have for me. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2