Profile for Christine Williams > Reviews

Content by Christine Williams

Christine Williams "lilym" (Brighton)

Page: 1 | 2
Gold Decorative Sofa Throw 150cm x 180cm approx. The design in the central panel is lifted by the use of a chenille fabric to create highlights within the design it is bordered with a co-ordeinating soft chenille fabric and finished off with 4 large corner tassels.
Offered by HARVEY HACKNER LINENS ESTABLISHED 1977

4.0 out of 5 stars This looks like a hard-wearing product, 23 Jan. 2015
I wish that there was an even bigger size for this, but this has made our large three-seater leather sofa look cosy for the winter. The throw does tend to slip, so I have sewn elastic at the back corners to loop around the back of the sofa feet. This stops it from slipping, but an extra large throw would not need this. This looks like a hard-wearing product.

20 x 100% Pure Beeswax Dinner Taper Candles 30cm Tall x 2cm Diameter - Price Includes Free Delivery To All UK Postcodes

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than expected, but great value, 9 Oct. 2014
These are too big for dinner candles. Way too big for any standard holders. That is the only reason for not giving 5 stars.

These candles are big. One arrived a bit dented, so I've had that burning for 3 hours, and hardly any candle has burned down. There is a very subtle aroma. These are great candles that would make a good present. Just don't think of them as dinner candles. Too chunky.

Up Close (Choc Lit)
Up Close (Choc Lit)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but flawed, 25 Mar. 2014
I enjoyed the book. I wanted to find out what happened, but there were two problems. I guessed the ending quite early on, and there were a lot of typos that were distracting. But, that aside, I did enjoy it. I finished it, and I don't always!

Uprooted
Uprooted

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story based on real experiences, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Uprooted (Kindle Edition)
This was a page-turner. The characters were well portrayed and I wanted to see what happened to them, particularly as this was based on real people who were not wealthy -just average people with a political conscience.

I found the everyday details built strong images of what Germany was like in the days of economic crisis and Hitler's rise and how the country and families were divided. Having the author's note to explain what happened to the actual people who inspired the characters was appreciated.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits fine. Arrived early, 3 Jan. 2014
Replaced the plate that I mislaid, and the second plate is useful for off-camera flash on a tripod.

Delivery costs were high, but the whole cost for two items was good.

Emile Henry Flame Tagine Figue 32cm
Emile Henry Flame Tagine Figue 32cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Also good for bouillabaisse..., 29 Dec. 2013
Husband was sceptical, but now persuaded....I've had this for over one year now.

I've produced tagine dishes that have been tastier than in restaurants and the serving looks impressive too....

I tried cooking bouillabaisse in this too and it was perfect, plus much easier to serve than in usual casseroles.

The Sleeper
The Sleeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of twists and turns, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Sleeper (Kindle Edition)
I've not read anything by Emily Barr before but read this on recommendation.

This book worked for me on a lot of levels - both as a whodunnit (and what did they actually do), and understanding motivations of individuals. Sure, some of the plot line us a bit far-fetched, but then I can live with that.....the plot was unpredictable and new plot lines introduced along the way. Really recommended. I shall seek out more books by the same author.

Everything I know about teaching
Everything I know about teaching
by Mr Michael Gove

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the spoilers- and not available on kindle, 17 Oct. 2013
I'd recommend that you don't read the reviews if you want to buy this. It does spoil the plot-line. If you have managed to avoid the spoilers, then I'm sure that you'll agree that this is the most enlightening literature to emerge from our government. Looking forward to the manifesto for the 2015 election. Am sure that this will firm a key part of it.

Oh, as an afterthought, why is this not available on kindle?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 2:31 PM GMT

Body of Evidence
Body of Evidence

1.0 out of 5 stars Kept corrupting, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Body of Evidence (Kindle Edition)
I'd like to finish this book but I've had to delete and reload it twice. Not happened with other books so my review is around the electronic delivery rather than the content. Hope I get to finish it one day, but in the meantime I've lost the thread as I've started reading other books.

PACK 15 PREMIUM NON-SLIP CHROME TROUSER BAR COAT CLOTHES HANGERS
PACK 15 PREMIUM NON-SLIP CHROME TROUSER BAR COAT CLOTHES HANGERS
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordering more, 29 April 2013
Sturdy. Ordered a few and am ordering more.

Great that you can access trousers easily. Much more practical than other trouser hangers

Page: 1 | 2